Chicago Cubs Top 10 prospects (Compensation for Theo)

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

Chicago Cubs Top 10 prospects (Compensation for Theo)

Here's a link to a slide show for the Top 10 Chicago Cubs prospects.This is probably where the compensation for Theo will come from.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/658173-mlb-trade-rumors-analyzing-10-top-cubs-prospects-odds-of-being-moved#/articles/658173-mlb-trade-rumors-analyzing-10-top-cubs-prospects-odds-of-being-moved

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mudbugger. Show mudbugger's posts

Re: Chicago Cubs Top 10 prospects (Compensation for Theo)

any and all pitching prospects.  but most importantly, I would say Castro the SS or no deal.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxNationMan. Show SoxNationMan's posts

We should be paying the Cubs for taking Theo off our hands.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from sindarin-erebor. Show sindarin-erebor's posts

In Response to Re: Chicago Cubs Top 10 prospects (Compensation for Theo):
    any and all pitching prospects.  but most importantly, I would say Castro the SS or no deal.
    Posted by mudbugger

Castro is simply not coming to the Red Sox in the Theo deal, you all need to forget this....it will be prospects only.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mudbugger. Show mudbugger's posts

looking at the top ten prospect list, there isnt one single prospect from the cubs that I want.

If the Cubs want Theo, we want Castro or give us garza.

they can make it happen.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ldupesox. Show Ldupesox's posts

Hey fellas,

I'm actually from Baton Rouge, LA and went to LSU at the same time as D.J. LeMahieu. Let me tell you, this dude is the real deal. He was clutch as they come at LSU, the best college baseball program in the country. He is tall, lean and can cover a freakish amount of ground. He started of as a SS, but was then moved to 2B(an unpopular decision here in BR) to make room for an incoming freshman. So, it wasn't because he couldn't field his position. He hits for average but has that ability, like Ellsbury, to develop power over time, once he gets stronger. I'm telling you, if the Sox could get this guy, I'd be extremely happy, and my best friend who is a Cubs fan, will be really angry. Plus, it'd be great to have him(who would arguably become our best hitting prospect) and Renaudo(arguably our best pitching prospect) reunite from their days at LSU. Hey, we could use a little chemistry right?

And one last thing: I don't understand the people who say they don't want any of these players. What if one of their pitchers turns out to be the next Jon Lester or Clay Buchholz? What if one of their infield prospects turns out to be the next Dustin Pedroia? You just don't know. And remember, it's not like we're trading Ellsbury for these prospects, we're getting as new GM, something you people have wanted for a long time. Ben Cherrington will step in and do great, we'll bolster our farm system without giving up a top of the line player, something that is rare to do, not to mention the 4 picks we had in the first 32 of the draft in June will start to shape, and boom, all of a sudden our farm will be good again. I feel like Cherrington's first order of buisness should be to get the farm going again. I miss those days where the young kids like Lester, Ellsbury, Buccholz, Pedroia, Papelbon and Youk all showed up around the same time and started to play well. The next wave should include the 2 prospects we get for Epstein, Middlebrooks, Kalish, Ranaudo, and Lavarnway. Frankly, I can't wait for the future. Epstein leaving is going to be a nice, fresh start, which is what this franchise needed. The pieces are there, let's bolster the farm and go after it.

Go Sox.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1958lesspaul. Show 1958lesspaul's posts

Take best pitching prospect they have, if they are stupid enough to give it for InEpstein. If not, take next best pitching prospect.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

Brett Jackson would be nice - he's the same profile as Kalish / Reddick, but we always have the option of trading one of them.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from JB-3. Show JB-3's posts

http://twitter.com/#!/SI_JonHeyman/status/124165354858627073

Looks like the Sox will just be getting cash, no prospects or MLB players.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from tbrod. Show tbrod's posts

Youk is a young player?
    Gammons said today, "Jackson is a right handed hitting OF that the Sox really need". Guess he didn't bother to look that he's left  hand hitting.
    The Sox need more left handed hitting OF, so if the entire starting OF goes down, they can replace them with more of the same.

BRILLIANT!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

What did they settle already because the only cash I've read anything about is the wad hanging out in Theo's back pocket 20m or what Crappy Carl makes in one season. They should get at least two prospects in return for argueably the best GM in baseball.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Rafael Dolis looks like a closer in waiting.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from JB-3. Show JB-3's posts

In Response to Re: Chicago Cubs Top 10 prospects (Compensation for Theo):
    What did they settle already because the only cash I've read anything about is the wad hanging out in Theo's back pocket 20m or what Crappy Carl makes in one season. They should get at least two prospects in return for argueably the best GM in baseball.
    Posted by sportsbozo1

I'm just going by what Heyman is saying.  Don't you think some names would have been leaked by now if they were being discussed though?

Sections
Shortcuts