Chicken Neck

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Chicken Neck

Just looking for opinions on Ciriaco.  I must admit I forgot about him till seeing him on the front page.  He had some good games and was a Yankee killer.  Can he be a productive everyday player?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

Re: Chicken Neck

In response to tcal2-'s comment:

Just looking for opinions on Ciriaco.  I must admit I forgot about him till seeing him on the front page.  He had some good games and was a Yankee killer.  Can he be a productive everyday player?

Nope, a good utility infielder maybe.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

probably not everyday, but he will be good for what he is. Utility guy who can play multiple positions, run off the bench and late inning defensive replacement if neeb be.

Can't ask for much more from your 25th guy..

that is a good shot of him on the frontpage. that is a look of determination.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasko2248. Show jasko2248's posts

I don't think he'll ever be an everday player, but he would have the most realistic looking bobble head doll in baseball history.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

His long MiLB career says no, he's too impatient at the plate.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from xdrive. Show xdrive's posts

i think he probably could be a number 8 hitter in the lineup and play short on a regular basis but seems the sox think otherwise

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

He's already better than DrewII - I just hope Ben doesnt force Drew into the lineup like he did Punto just because he's paying him a mint for his minimal abilities...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

I'd be very happy if he hits well enough to be #25.  His K/W is terrible, and he had a .518 OPS in his last 123 ABs.  Still, if he can replicate his .705, at minimum wage, he would surely have good value as the UIF.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

I like him as the UIF. He swings at too many pitches off the plate to be the everyday SS or 2B. I think the choice for UIF will probably come down to him or Brock Holt, and given Pedro C's penchant for coming up big against the Yanks, I'd prefer him over Holt. The scary thing is I knew who you were talking about before I even opened the thread. :-)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jgallag1. Show jgallag1's posts

As long as Drew is healthy, he's a very good starting SS. Ciriaco will be a very good supersub, backing up at 3B, SS and 2B. He's also such a fast guy, that he could be your pinch runner off the bench, which is usually a job reserved for an OF. He also is either a solid trade candidate, or a guy that makes Iggy a prime trade candidate.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

Agree with jg that his speed makes him attractive.  For that alone I would keep him on the 25 man roster.  And he can flash some serious leather.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

In response to georom4's comment:

He's already better than DrewII - I just hope Ben doesnt force Drew into the lineup like he did Punto just because he's paying him a mint for his minimal abilities...

When was Punto forced into the line up, on top of that he wasn't making much.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

In response to BosoxJoe5's comment:

When was Punto forced into the line up, on top of that he wasn't making much.

actually in played 65 games for the sox where he hit a whopping .200

def worth 2 mil a yr

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

In response to Polly-'s comment:

I recall that he played when Pedroia got injured.

why was he playing at all with Iggy, pedro C and middlebrooks on the roster?

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Seriously? Can I have some of whatever you're smoking?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dustcover. Show dustcover's posts

I like this guy.  With a little help from a good hitting coach, I believe he could learn how to lay off the out-of-the-zone pitches and become a very solid everyday shortstop or 2nd baseman.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In response to carnie's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Trust me, you don't want any of his stash.  Makes you feel all negative and hopeless and also renders you foggy and unable to have any perspective.  

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In response to xdrive's comment:

i think he probably could be a number 8 hitter in the lineup and play short on a regular basis but seems the sox think otherwise

I agree, a lot of fans thought I was crazy by asking him to be brought up last season, especially after a spectacular ST. Ciriaco is better than Aviles, Punto and probably Drew included unless he rebounds this season.

Pedro will give us some nice games, forget what others say about his minor league stats, if they truly believed that then Iggy should never be in the starting lineup.  You cant teach a kid guts, he played the game the way it should be while giving us some clutch hits last season.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to craze4sox's comment:

I agree, a lot of fans thought I was crazy by asking him to be brought up last season, especially after a spectacular ST. Ciriaco is better than Aviles, Punto and probably Drew included unless he rebounds this season.

Pedro will give us some nice games, forget what others say about his minor league stats, if they truly believed that then Iggy should never be in the starting lineup.  You cant teach a kid guts, he played the game the way it should be while giving us some clutch hits last season.

idk about that. he had a very good ST but he wouldn't have been better than Aviles over a full season.. Last season i was one who rallied to bring him up but that was to take Puntards spot at UIF. Which is where he belongs. You could probably get away with him starting at SS if your only other option was iggy but even then, i would still probably let Iggy start over him. I like ciriaco, i really do. But he is what he is, don't mess with it.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In response to mef429's comment:

In response to craze4sox's comment:

idk about that. he had a very good ST but he wouldn't have been better than Aviles over a full season.. Last season i was one who rallied to bring him up but that was to take Puntards spot at UIF. Which is where he belongs. You could probably get away with him starting at SS if your only other option was iggy but even then, i would still probably let Iggy start over him. I like ciriaco, i really do. But he is what he is, don't mess with it.

Aviles was a terrible defender and very low OB guy but had a bit more power.  I'm not saying Ciriaco is one of our stars but look around the lineup and who we have, its full of guys like him.  I still think Pedro has more to offer "all round" than Iggy. 

Iggy needs to hope someone gets hurt and the offense is playing well of enough for us to insert him into the lineup.  If this happens he needs to take advantage of the situation, otherwise I see him being packaged at some point.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

The guy had a .299 OBP in over 3,500 minor league PAs. Is that a large enough sample size for you guys?

(Many of you have judged Iggy much more harshly on a smaller sample size than that, and his OBP is .313 in just over 1,000 minor league PAs.)

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to SpacemanEephus' comment:

In response to carnie's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Trust me, you don't want any of his stash.  Makes you feel all negative and hopeless and also renders you foggy and unable to have any perspective.  

Absolutely ruins one's math skills as well, assuming they existed in the first place.

Sections
Shortcuts