Chip Buck: on Valentine, Media Scapegoating, and Shaughnessy

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from LadyLake. Show LadyLake's posts

Chip Buck: on Valentine, Media Scapegoating, and Shaughnessy

I was dead against Bobby V at the beginning of the process, but I chalk that up to me judging him based on the brutal anecdotes he shared on Sunday Night Baseball—and because I was being a bit of an idiot. Since about two weeks before he was hired, I’ve done a complete 180. I like his views on statistical analysis, lineup optimization, and bullpen use. I do have some concern about him being a little over-reliant on tactics like bunting, but really that’s a minor concern. Overall, I think he’ll make a fine manager. All of that said, I don’t buy into the idea that the Red Sox need Bobby V because they need a disciplinarian. The clubhouse environment was nothing more than a scapegoat, and it was created by a group of people that majored in “Irrational Studies” in college. Had the Red Sox made the playoffs and won the World Series, we’d all be talking about how fried chicken and beer proved the importance of good team chemistry.

As for the rift between ownership and baseball operations, I think it was largely overstated. Were there differences of opinion? Of course there were, but that happens with every franchise from time to time, doesn’t it? Brian Cashman has had a number of disputes with ownership over personnel moves and club direction, and it hasn’t caused any long-term issues between the two sides. I don’t think the Red Sox’s situation was any different. Sometimes, rational people disagree. In the end, Henry, Cherington, Werner, and Luchhino got together, and made a decision that everyone could buy into.

The media used the rift (if you can even call it that) to stir up panic, sell newspapers, and drive web traffic. Dan Shaughnessy, the master troll that he is, was truly the biggest offender as he did his best to make the franchise look like it was disarray. Ironically, it showed those of us who really pay attention, just how out of touch he really is with both the Red Sox and the game of baseball.

http://www.yankeeanalysts.com/2012/02/five-questions-with-the-enemy-an-interview-with-chip-buck-38057

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Re: Chip Buck: on Valentine, Media Scapegoating, and Shaughnessy

Do tell Rutland76. Do tell.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

Chip Buck is an idiot! He even says so.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from LadyLake. Show LadyLake's posts

In Response to Re: Chip Buck: on Valentine, Media Scapegoating, and Shaughnessy:
    [QUOTE]Chip Buck is an idiot!
    Posted by Alibiike[/QUOTE

Your avatar doesn't exactly look like Einstein but it fits you .

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Pretty good stuff from Chipper IMO.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

In Response to Re: Chip Buck: on Valentine, Media Scapegoating, and Shaughnessy:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Chip Buck: on Valentine, Media Scapegoating, and Shaughnessy : [QUOTE]Chip Buck is an idiot! Posted by Alibiike[/QUOTE Your avatar doesn't exactly look like Einstein but it fits you .
    Posted by LadyLake[/QUOTE]

How about posting some of your own thoughts instead of pasting all these idiotic hyperlinks of others'.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from LadyLake. Show LadyLake's posts

I posted Chip's thoughts since I was in complete agreement with them. I have expressed my opinion before on Shaughnessy, the chicken and beer soap opera, and scapegoating the collapse.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Chip Buck: on Valentine, Media Scapegoating, and Shaughnessy : How about posting some of your own thoughts instead of pasting all these idiotic hyperlinks of others'.
    Posted by Alibiike[/QUOTE]

Allow me to play the part of Pike here, but Lady Lake has to be Chip, who used to be 791.  LL is always posting links to Chip's blog.  Nothing wrong with that, and, it is generally good stuff.  But, LL is just Chip selling his wares. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Chip Buck: on Valentine, Media Scapegoating, and Shaughnessy : Allow to play the part of Pike here, but Lady Lake has to be Chip, who used to be 791.  LL is always posting links to Chip's blog.  Nothing wrong with that, and, it is generally good stuff.  But, LL is just Chip selling his wares. 
    Posted by SpacemanEephus[/QUOTE]

LL is Pike, Space. Your guess is as good as mine as to why

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Chip Buck: on Valentine, Media Scapegoating, and Shaughnessy : LL is Pike, Space. Your guess is as good as mine as to why
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

Interesting.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yoshimi25. Show Yoshimi25's posts

Actually.....do you guys think....that the Serial Troll of Many Handles is in reality.... Dan Shaughnessy?  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]Actually.....do you guys think....that the Serial Troll of Many Handles is in reality.... Dan Shaughnessy?  
    Posted by Yoshimi25[/QUOTE]

Whoa.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

Pike...pick a gd name and stick to it please

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

Georom, are you right now in the faculty room brown -bagging and pecking away on your IPad? Did you teach about the Civil War today in your history class and tell your students that the South lost because they were busy eating too much fried chicken and drinking too much beer? Did they have an inept General in command named Francona?  Your posting here after every class for ten minutes must be puzzing to the students as they leave or come into your classroom. Do you tell them that you are talking to a fish named Pike? Are you tenured?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

Do we have to constantly read Chip Buck's crap on this board? The guy was a Babe fan, and even tried to get a rule set in place where Babe couldn't be banned because he was his bodyguard here. For every positive Sox article he posts, I'll bet there are negative ones, with constant shout-outs to the Yankees. Didn't he also have a Yankee blog? There's a reason why all the Yankee fans love him.

Sections
Shortcuts