Choice comments from ST time frame

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

Choice comments from ST time frame

o    http://u.o0bc.com/avatars/76/102/83/5465676.png?1

o    BurritoT-

o    Posts: 529

o    First: 3/13/2013

o    Last: 5/2/2013

soft moon loves him a good 35+ year old pitcher with 5+ era.  Only thing missing with Dempster is his not giving us a deserved chance to win #200.

o    Reply to this post

o    New post

o    Report abuse

o    Ignore BurritoT-

Re: Dempster Ready to Go!

posted at 3/30/2013 4:47 AM EDT

o    http://u.o0bc.com/avatars/no-user-image.gif

o    softlaw2

o    Posts: 7562

o    First: 11/7/2008

soft moon loves him a good 35+ year old pitcher with 5+ era.  Only thing missing with Dempster is his not giving us a deserved chance to win #200.

ROFLOL!!!!!!!!

o    softlaw2

3 Earned Runs and 3 Walks in 4 IP

He's ready for the Yankees and the AL.

o    softlaw2

30 million a year for Lackey and Dempster?

Say it aint so!

o    http://u.o0bc.com/avatars/store/14/2/fedf50e1-ff69-4ee2-829e-5e73d2e6f448.Small.jpg?0

o    snakeoil123

o    Posts: 5772

o    First: 4/4/2011

o    Last: 4/27/2013

I am with Softlaw. I think the Red Sox should spend less money and have a better team.

o    softlaw2

Carp has no business on the Red Sox. You lose.

o    softlaw2

Maybe you just overestimate Ellsbury and Shane, and underestimate the much cheaper entire Astros roster.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

Re: Choice comments from ST time frame

If Dempster continues to pitch at a 3 ERA---anybody that questions his ability as a rotation piece needs to be questioned. This guy knows how to pitch---the Sox get lucky enough to have someone like him show up about every five years. I think Erik Bedard was one of those guys. They don't let the game get out of hand. I have not seen him pitch but I get the feeling Allen Webster may be another talented surgeon.

Dempster is a pitcher---he's not a thrower like Lester, Buch, Miller, Bailey, Hanny and  Bard. He sets things up. Demp and Ue and hopefully Taz and Doubie can manuver through a lineup. I don't know whether Demp actually intended to walk three in a row last night to get to someone he didn't think would hurt him--but it's very possible , like a surgeon, he knew what he was doing. Keep up the good work BenC--we could use another quality pitcher like Dempster.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

My objection to their objections, is always the same.  I don't mind if Moon takes a negative attitude because of stats A, B, and C.  But some of the posters, usually the perpetually negative ones, do very little analysis.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from garyhow. Show garyhow's posts

Time to look forward. RS are playing great! While I supported the Dempster signing [liked it because only 2 yr] many pointed to a small sample size in Texas as evidence that he would not succeed in AL, many forgot to point out that he was injured during that time w/ muscle lat strain. One does not pitch to sub 3.00 era in NL and over 5.00 era in AL for no reason, DH does not make that big a difference.

Some have accused Ben of not having a plan, which I think is crazy. He knew exactly what he was doing. All his signing were 3 yrs or less, all were good character players [think 04], and this allowed team to buy time while their loaded farm system, with most players still a couple of yrs away time to finish their developement. While we will see Bradley and Webster again this yr, the Barnes/Owens/Boegarts/Cecchini/Swiharts/Coyle/Raunado/DeLaRosa/ and others are still probably more than a yr away.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

In response to garyhow's comment:

Time to look forward. RS are playing great! While I supported the Dempster signing [liked it because only 2 yr] many pointed to a small sample size in Texas as evidence that he would not succeed in AL, many forgot to point out that he was injured during that time w/ muscle lat strain. One does not pitch to sub 3.00 era in NL and over 5.00 era in AL for no reason, DH does not make that big a difference.

Some have accused Ben of not having a plan, which I think is crazy. He knew exactly what he was doing. All his signing were 3 yrs or less, all were good character players [think 04], and this allowed team to buy time while their loaded farm system, with most players still a couple of yrs away time to finish their developement. While we will see Bradley and Webster again this yr, the Barnes/Owens/Boegarts/Cecchini/Swiharts/Coyle/Raunado/DeLaRosa/ and others are still probably more than a yr away.

+1

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to Joebreidey's comment:

My objection to their objections, is always the same.  I don't mind if Moon takes a negative attitude because of stats A, B, and C.  But some of the posters, usually the perpetually negative ones, do very little analysis.

True.

Heck I don't even mind if someone take a negative attitude with no analysis.

But, if they insist on reposting "Player X is a bum" "Or the Sox will be terrible" in multiple theads, thoughout the offseason, then they should be reminded of how far off they were.

They wasted my time, I'll waste a little of theirs...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

In response to ConanObrien's comment:

Is this not crap that you call out posters for?

No since I posted what they said which is the truth not fact based upon half truths

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

In response to BurritoT-'s comment:

JimfromFlorida Dempster is pitching well, and if you want to take everything posters say as gospel then up to you. Dempster easily should end up with a high era by August... either way it is great he is having some good games right now.

I guess the answer is yes I do believe it is your gospel truth when you write it.
    I also read what all posters write and I do believe they actually believe what they write?

Otherwise why write it?

ARE YOU SAYING you do not believe IT when you actually say/WRITE it?

Or do you say things that appease some or you just say something without checking the facts or the reasons why a player had difficulties like RD did in Texas?

It is early in the season and things may change but so far it seems the RS management actually has a plan which MANY disputed in and before ST.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to JimfromFlorida's comment:

In response to BurritoT-'s comment:

JimfromFlorida Dempster is pitching well, and if you want to take everything posters say as gospel then up to you. Dempster easily should end up with a high era by August... either way it is great he is having some good games right now.

I guess the answer is yes I do believe it is your gospel truth when you write it.
    I also read what all posters write and I do believe they actually believe what they write?

Otherwise why write it?

ARE YOU SAYING you do not believe IT when you actually say/WRITE it?

Or do you say things that appease some or you just say something without checking the facts or the reasons why a player had difficulties like RD did in Texas?

It is early in the season and things may change but so far it seems the RS management actually has a plan which MANY disputed in and before ST.

I think they had a plan too-it was "half in" on rebuilding. I did not agree with their plan at the time and I am reserving judgement on it despite the early success of the team. I thought they should have gone all in on the rebuilding process by obtaining young pitching talent to fix a pitching staff that finished 12th in ERA in the AL last year. At this early point in time I am not convinced that, in the end, I will not be proven right.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

I think they had a plan too-it was "half in" on rebuilding. I did not agree with their plan at the time and I am reserving judgement on it despite the early success of the team. I thought they should have gone all in on the rebuilding process by obtaining young pitching talent to fix a pitching staff that finished 12th in ERA in the AL last year. At this early point in time I am not convinced that, in the end, I will not be proven right.
    [/QUOTE]

But they did fix the staff without hurting the minor leagues where they have several good pitching prospects. If you think signing star pitchers from other teams was the way to go the payroll would have been outrageous. They got good pitching for the MLB level and kept their kids and even added a couple from trades.
    This list does not include DeLarosa or Wright or Webster

1 Ranaudo POR 1.00 2 Owens SAL 2.08 3 Workman POR 2.73 4 Doyle PAW 2.93 5 Couch POR 3.57

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

But they did fix the staff without hurting the minor leagues where they have several good pitching prospects. If you think signing star pitchers from other teams was the way to go the payroll would have been outrageous. They got good pitching for the MLB level and kept their kids and even added a couple from trades.

1 Ranaudo POR 1.00 2 Owens SAL 2.08 3 Workman POR 2.73 4 Doyle PAW 2.93 5 Couch POR3.57

[/QUOTE]

I did not want them to go out and get big name FA pitchers at all. They made that mistake before. I thought they should have traded anyone who is not going to be a part of the future of this team beginning in 2015 for more pitching prospects-Ellsbury, Salty etc.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:

1 Ranaudo POR 1.00 2 Owens SAL 2.08 3 Workman POR 2.73 4 Doyle PAW 2.93 5 Couch POR3.57

I did not want them to go out and get big name FA pitchers at all. They made that mistake before. I thought they should have traded anyone who is not going to be a part of the future of this team beginning in 2015 for more pitching prospects-Ellsbury, Salty etc.

[/QUOTE]

How do we know that Jake and Salty are not here after 2015 or even before? Anything anyone says on this forum has no idea of what the RS plans are going forward.