Chris Capuano... why on God's green Earth!!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

Re: Chris Capuano... why on God's green Earth!!!!

http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/explaining-the-chris-capuano-bargain/

http://espn.go.com/boston/mlb/story/_/id/10504116/adding-chris-capuano-looks-smart-move-boston-red-sox

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

In response to hill55's comment:
    [QUOTE]

http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/explaining-the-chris-capuano-bargain/

http://espn.go.com/boston/mlb/story/_/id/10504116/adding-chris-capuano-looks-smart-move-boston-red-sox

[/QUOTE]

Hehe ...  good work Hill

BTW, how do you have the time to keep up with the M's and the Sox?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

If Hill didn't I would have. Capuano is a more than servicable ML LHP. Yes it would be nice to get the kids quality MLB time, but sometimes not rushing them makes more sense.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

In response to FajitaT's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I did not get this at all... Dempster (semi?) retiring created a much needed hole in the rotation to which the team could have tested out many a farmhand starter through-out April, May, and June to see who has got what. And then.....

Felger & Mazz: Tony Wonders Why The Red Sox Signed Chris Capuano

Good gracious Capunao is worse then Dempster. Certainly Dempster decided to go out on top and likely thought his #5 position as going to some like Brandon Workman. Nope.

Thoughts?

[/QUOTE]

I don't think this is all that bad a move, friend.  It harkens back to some Theo reclaimation projects, but some of them work out.

I like to think of it as a nice "Boy fulfills dream, plays for favorite childhood team."

I know he'll make 2.65 ill, so the story is even sweeter... and if the TEAM benefits, well "um so besser."

...and Workman s definitely still in the picture.  Capuano may be the long man out of the pen.  Who knows?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

In response to SinceYaz's comment:

Hehe ...  good work Hill

BTW, how do you have the time to keep up with the M's and the Sox?

I don't have the time ... my visits to many baseball forums represent an unhealthy addiction that sometimes interferes with the rest of life.Smile

I had a particular interest in Chris Capuano because I thought the lefthander would be a good fit for the Mariners, although the chances of Seattle landing the veteran were slim because the Massachusetts native reportedly wanted to play for a contender.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Ahhhhhh....   I COULD GIVE YOU ABOUT 12 MILLION REASONS......

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

here is the last bit of the article Hill posted:

"Every starting rotation needs higher-quality pitchers, and every starting rotation needs guys who don’t suck. Capuano doesn’t suck, and he could help out toward the back end, for a very reasonable cost. Of course one shouldn’t get excited over the prospect of signing Chris Capuano for a year. But not every good move has to be exciting"

i think this sums it up perfectly. signing Capauno isn't an earth shaking move, but across the board, he doesn't suck and we're not looking for stud production for the #5/6 starter spot. Whats the worst that could happen Hill?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Capuano: " Skip, what did you think of my pitching tonight?"  Farrell: " It didn't suck."  Capuano: " Thanks." 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

[QUOTE]

I did not get this at all... Dempster (semi?) retiring created a much needed hole in the rotation to which the team could have tested out many a farmhand starter through-out April, May, and June to see who has got what. And then.....

Good gracious Capunao is worse then Dempster. Certainly Dempster decided to go out on top and likely thought his #5 position as going to some like Brandon Workman. Nope.

Thoughts?

[/QUOTE]

Capuano is not part of the rotation.  I'm trying to figure where you're going with this?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

[QUOTE]

Thoughts?

[/QUOTE]

why the earth we need to listen to these sport casters??  Remember Ben C. was a former scout of the Red Sox.  He know more about each player than these dumb sport caster guys!!

Remember Dempster is paid over 13 millions while Capuano is only paid less than 3 millions dollars!!  Plus he ll do whatever to help the club such as to be a long reliever, etc.  Remember Tim Wakefield in his late age.  

He ll be a fan favorite cuz he was born in Mass as well he grew up there!!  Sometime it is fun for fans to give him alot of support.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to Joebreidey's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Thoughts?

[/QUOTE]

Capuano is not part of the rotation.  I'm trying to figure where you're going with this?

[/QUOTE]

Nope. Neither is he a good option out of the bullpen. He would be the third lefty out of the pen; thats too many IMO. In the pen we should have Koji, Tazawa, Miller, Breslow, Badenhop, Mujica, and Workman (who is ready). Another option to Workman is Alex Wilson who hasn't pitched much in the ML but who has a AAA ERA of 3.66. I think Capuano is a bad move; I think he is going to get hammered in the ALE; and I don't think we need a fourth LHRP. I understand the move; I do not like it.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Joebreidey's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Thoughts?

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Nope. Neither is he a good option out of the bullpen. He would be the third lefty out of the pen; thats too many IMO. In the pen we should have Koji, Tazawa, Miller, Breslow, Badenhop, Mujica, and Workman (who is ready). Another option to Workman is Alex Wilson who hasn't pitched much in the ML but who has a AAA ERA of 3.66. I think Capuano is a bad move; I think he is going to get hammered in the ALE; and I don't think we need a fourth LHRP. I understand the move; I do not like it.

[/QUOTE]

They might want to keep Workman stretched out as a starter, so putting him in the pen might mess him up.

I'd start with Capuano in the pen for longrelief/spot starter, and let Workman pitch every 5th day in AAA.

Chances are somone will be on the DL by opening day, so maybe 2 out of Capuano, Workman and Britton will make the squad.