Chris Young traded! To the As...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

Chris Young traded! To the As...

They gave up underwhelming Cliff Pennington, and 22 year old Yordy Cabrera in a deal that saw heath Bell go from MIA to AZ. MIA gets the prospect (Cabrera) and AZ gets Pennington and Bell. As get Chris Young.

Cabrera doesn't seem impressive. Pennington isn't. And the As get a guy who could turn it around, and be a .250/25 HR guy.

I've wanted Young on the Sox for over a year, seems comparable to giving up Iglesias and Aviles, which doesn't seem like much. That package of Sox players actually seems better.

Oh well, Beane strikes again, and now has 5 OFers (Seth Smith, Crisp, Cespedes, Reddick, Young) and I think it's fair to assume at least 2 of them will have very productive 2013s.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

Re: Chris Young traded! To the As...

Hey are you not that guy who started a fantasy baseball league earlier this year? What happened with that anyway? Did you win?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

And Reddithe rill be number 5

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

Cabrera is a good kid -- the kind of kid you root for. He was a high school teammate of Chicago's Chris Sale and Toronto's Drew Hutchison.

It doesn't look like he's developing enough as a hitter but maybe he'll be a late-bloomer.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

It is importantt that Oakland got a CF.  I mean if Crisp got hurt, and Cespedes got hurt, that would leave them with only Collin Cowgill and Jeff Fiorentino  at the position.   And Reddick.

I can see why they felt they needed the depth.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

In response to notin's comment:

It is importantt that Oakland got a CF.  I mean if Crisp got hurt, and Cespedes got hurt, that would leave them with only Collin Cowgill and Jeff Fiorentino  at the position.   And Reddick.

I can see why they felt they needed the depth.

Funny

Sections
Shortcuts