Ciriaco: 2013 starting SS!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Ciriaco: 2013 starting SS!

I've been saying it for quite some time, but I LOVE THIS KID!  He should be our starting SS for 2013

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BOSOX1941. Show BOSOX1941's posts

Re: Ciriaco: 2013 starting SS!

In Response to Ciriaco: 2013 starting SS!:
    [QUOTE]I've been saying it for quite some time, but I LOVE THIS KID!  He should be our starting SS for 2013
    Posted by redsoxdirtdog[/QUOTE]
    There is no doubt about it in my mind either.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

Yeah, seems like a better option than Iglesias. I don't understand the hype, he's got a great glove but he's barely a AAA level bat with little to no pop, and doesn't exactly have the great speed you'd expect. Wouldn't mind seeing him traded this off season with Boegarts storming up behind him.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

At least somebody on this board "gets it."

Nice job gentlemen.  Iggy is a mirage!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

"Pretty decent sample now!

I love this kid!  Have since ST :)"

Now if Burrito really wanted to make me look bad, he would have qouted this little gem.  ;)

At least I've always maintained that "THE KID'S GOT MAD GLOVE!!!!" 

All evidence pointed to him never being a .250+ mlb hitter.

I COULD NOT BE HAPPIER BEING PROVEN WRONG!  Let's hope & pray the kid keeps making me look silly.  No problem!  PD's been making me play the happy fool since his first season with the Sox.  I'm still loving being proven dead wrong by him. 

Most (especially Stiffy) will never admit when they were wrong.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

Hmmm.  I wouldn't go that far just yet.  He's obviously not going to hit .360 for his career.  I haven't seen him play enough SS to have a valid opinion on his suitability position-wise.  But he certainly looks tasty so far.

I do think a 2B, 3B, SS group of Pedey, Midds, Aviles and Ciriaco in 2013 is a very good start to the new roster.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

In Response to Re: Ciriaco: 2013 starting SS!:
    [QUOTE]Hmmm.  I wouldn't go that far just yet.  He's obviously not going to hit .360 for his career.  I haven't seen him play enough SS to have a valid opinion on his suitability position-wise.  But he certainly looks tasty so far. I do think a 2B, 3B, SS group of Pedey, Midds, Aviles and Ciriaco in 2013 is a very good start to the new roster.
    Posted by SonicsMonksLyresVicars[/QUOTE]

Avilles will likely have to go?  If Ciriaco starts at SS, no room.  Gotta find a PLUS first baseman.  Not sold on Loney!

I love Ciriaco though!  Been saying it since ST!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

[QUOTE]Pretty decent sample now! I love this kid!  Have since ST :)
    Posted by redsoxdirtdog[/QUOTE]
    Using larger sample sizes, here are the minor league numbers for Pedro Circiaco, who turns 27 next month, and Jose Iglesias, who turns 23 in January:

PC 3502 PA, .272/.299/.357/.656
    JI 1076 PA, .264/.313/.314/.626

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Promise4you2. Show Promise4you2's posts

Right now it is hard to argue with your point. I hope it stay's that way. I like Aviles, but I think he has value as a waver trade piece right now. May as well finish going hyper young! Bogaerts is moving quickly as well .328 with 5 tater's in 16 games at AA!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ciriaco: 2013 starting SS! : Using larger sample sizes, here are the minor league numbers for Pedro Circiaco, who turns 27 next month, and Jose Iglesias, who turns 23 in January: PC 3502 PA, .272/ .299 /.357/.656 JI 1076 PA, .264/.313/.314/.626
    Posted by hill55[/QUOTE]

I'm still not sure why people use old stats to compare what a kid may do when and if he finally matures.  No relevance, just like all the people who said Ells could never hit for power.  If Ciriaco continues to hit and get more playing time to improve at SS it doesn't matter what he did in the very small sample before hand with the Pirates.

Thats why I don't write Iggy off just yet.  Ciriaco and Iggy may both have a spot as Pede gets older if they prove themselves.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

Why is Iggy on the bench two games in a row? 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimedfred. Show jimedfred's posts

Yeah, pay NO attention to fact that Ciriaco is a career .350 hitter in Big Leagues, let's only consider his AAA hitting history !

Does anyone remember he spent off-season 2011-12 working on swing with some Cano guy ? You know, next door neighbour in San Pedro who MIGHT know a bit about hitting a baseball ?

Any playing time at shortstop NOT given to either Ciriaco or Iglesias for rest of season is wasted time,, IMO.   Let's see what we have here !

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]Yeah, pay NO attention to fact that Ciriaco is a career .350 hitter in Big Leagues, let's only consider his AAA hitting history ! Does anyone remember he spent off-season 2011-12 working on swing with some Cano guy ? You know, next door neighbour in San Pedro who MIGHT know a bit about hitting a baseball ? Any playing time at shortstop NOT given to either Ciriaco or Iglesias for rest of season is wasted time,, IMO.   Let's see what we have here !
    Posted by jimedfred[/QUOTE]+1

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ciriaco: 2013 starting SS! : Using larger sample sizes, here are the minor league numbers for Pedro Circiaco, who turns 27 next month, and Jose Iglesias, who turns 23 in January: PC 3502 PA, .272/ .299 /.357/.656 JI 1076 PA, .264/.313/.314/.626
    Posted by hill55[/QUOTE]

I hear ya, but I'm just telling you what I see with my own eyes.  The kid has a great approach at the plate.  He just flat out looks like a major league hitter.  I'm sure the mlb will crack his code, find his weaknesses.  He'll come down to earth, that's for sure.  I still say he's a well above average mlb hitter & fielder.  Speed!  Pop!  etc.  I like the kid at SS!  PERIOD!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

i like pedro a lot but that guy has more seeing eye hits than anyone i can ever remember....he's been quite lucky at the plate but i think he's a keeper and would trade Iggy, Ells, & Ross (if they resign Papi) for King Felix

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

I think he has earned the right to be considered for the starting SS job next year.  Maybe that would wake Iglesias up and he might try a lot harder...he is a bit young to just write off.  The Padres did that with a guy named Smith and the Cardinals jumped on it and history was written in St Louis, not San Diego.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]i like pedro a lot but that guy has my seeing eye hits than anyone i can ever remember....he's been quite lucky at the plate but i think he's a keeper and would trade Iggy, Ells, & Ross (if they resign Papi) for King Felix
    Posted by georom4[/QUOTE]Speed helps there.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

We should not be pitting one player against another. You can never have too many good athletes. There is no reason that we could not find room  for Ciriaco , Iglesias , Middlebrooks, Ellsbury , Bogaerts , Bradley,  Brentz, Lavarnway and , of course , Pedroia all in the same lineup. That would be a heck of a good team going forward.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

[QUOTE]             We should not be pitting one player against another. You can never have too many good athletes. There is no reason that we could not find room  for Ciriaco , Iglesias , Middlebrooks, Ellsbury , Bogaerts , Bradley,  Brentz, Lavarnway and , of course , Pedroia all in the same lineup. That would be a heck of a good team going forward.
    Posted by dgalehouse[/QUOTE]

I'm willing to look at Iggy, I just don't think he's ready.  Better trade bait, as Ciriaco is ready.  Utility infielder?  OK

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

[QUOTE]Yeah, pay NO attention to fact that Ciriaco is a career .350 hitter in Big Leagues, let's only consider his AAA hitting history ! Does anyone remember he spent off-season 2011-12 working on swing with some Cano guy ? You know, next door neighbour in San Pedro who MIGHT know a bit about hitting a baseball ? Any playing time at shortstop NOT given to either Ciriaco or Iglesias for rest of season is wasted time,, IMO.   Let's see what we have here !
    Posted by jimedfred[/QUOTE]

+2

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

Here is a whacky idea:

If Ortiz hits the DL why not put Pedroia at DH to rest his little leggs and see if Ciriaco can handle 2b while Iggy plays SS.

Call me crazy but that makes sense to me.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

[QUOTE]Here is a whacky idea: If Ortiz hits the DL why not put Pedroia at DH to rest his little leggs and see if Ciriaco can handle 2b while Iggy plays SS. Call me crazy but that makes sense to me.
    Posted by EnchiladaT[/QUOTE]
    Not a bad idea.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]Here is a whacky idea: If Ortiz hits the DL why not put Pedroia at DH to rest his little leggs and see if Ciriaco can handle 2b while Iggy plays SS. Call me crazy but that makes sense to me.
    Posted by EnchiladaT[/QUOTE]Works for me.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

I realize it can change tomorrow but I am not down at all with Iggy on the bench and Aviles playing SS, as some others have said it is a waste of time. Valentine should know better.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

[QUOTE]i like pedro a lot but that guy has more seeing eye hits than anyone i can ever remember....he's been quite lucky at the plate but i think he's a keeper and would trade Iggy, Ells, & Ross (if they resign Papi) for King Felix
    Posted by georom4[/QUOTE]

Please stop with the King Felix tade proposals.  That wouldn't even the best ffer the Sox have made for him in real life.

A very simple rule for trading for King Felix is - if you are comfortable giving it up, it isn't enough.  Are you comfortable giving up Ellsbury, Iggy and Ross?  I'd hpe so.  One year of Ellbsbury, 6 years f Igleasias, who at best is a one domensional player, and Ross, who is FA after this year already and won't be around to trade...