Ciriaco: 2013 starting SS!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

Re: Ciriaco: 2013 starting SS!

In Response to Ciriaco: 2013 starting SS!:
    [QUOTE]I've been saying it for quite some time, but I LOVE THIS KID!  He should be our starting SS for 2013
    Posted by redsoxdirtdog[/QUOTE]

"  been saying it for quite some time "
    same here
    :)
    team is fun again

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In Response to Re: Ciriaco: 2013 starting SS!:
    [QUOTE]i like pedro a lot but that guy has more seeing eye hits than anyone i can ever remember....he's been quite lucky at the plate but i think he's a keeper and would trade Iggy, Ells, & Ross (if they resign Papi) for King Felix
    Posted by georom4[/QUOTE]

Geo,
    Ross would have to clear waivers for them to make a trade. hes a FA at the end of the year. Not sure how the sign and trade works in MLB, but thats what we would have to do first. I think Ross should be signed for another 2 yrs. and put him in LF. Ells would give them 1 year and Iggy  isnt seen as a valuable trade piece. Although he has just started to hit better. They would hang the phone up and not answeragain when they see the Sox # on the caller ID...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ciriaco: 2013 starting SS! : I hear ya, but I'm just telling you what I see with my own eyes.  The kid has a great approach at the plate.  He just flat out looks like a major league hitter.  I'm sure the mlb will crack his code, find his weaknesses.  He'll come down to earth, that's for sure.  I still say he's a well above average mlb hitter & fielder.  Speed!  Pop!  etc.  I like the kid at SS!  PERIOD!
    Posted by redsoxdirtdog[/QUOTE]

He has 46 hits in 131 ABs so far, a .351 average.  36 hits, only 10 fewer, would be .274.  Let's not even think about his 8:1 K/BB ratio....that is truly horrific.

His 8 years of MiLB history is a far better indicator of future performance than 6 weeks in MLB.

But he can see Robinson Cano from his house!!   ;-)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

The kid has certainly impressed me.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Iggy is the starting SS in 2013.  He is the SS of the future.  With Crawford gone, LF become vacant for Xander Bogaerts to make the switch to the outfield (this trade keeps getting better) 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from cpjohn1. Show cpjohn1's posts

I love watching Ciriaco play.  Nice player and definitely a keeper.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxmal. Show bosoxmal's posts

He actually earned the job in spring training, only it was a classic case of "I don't believe what I just saw!"

I haven't seen a player with these natural instincts for the game of baseball in a long, long, long time!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxmal. Show bosoxmal's posts

[QUOTE]Here is a whacky idea: If Ortiz hits the DL why not put Pedroia at DH to rest his little leggs and see if Ciriaco can handle 2b while Iggy plays SS. Call me crazy but that makes sense to me.
    Posted by EnchiladaT[/QUOTE]

A very good "now and then" suggestion. I would also give him a few games at first base. Why not? Not like we're in a race for anything.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from HankukSox. Show HankukSox's posts

In response to BurritoT-'s comment:

In response to BOSOX1941's comment:

In Response to Ciriaco: 2013 starting SS!:
    I've been saying it for quite some time, but I LOVE THIS KID!  He should be our starting SS for 2013
    Posted by redsoxdirtdog
    There is no doubt about it in my mind either.

Hmmmm..............

Bored?  Trolling?  Trolling and bored on this board?  

So much anger and bs like this floating around here.  Why I don't post much with this account.  Been a long time since I've seen any conversations not devolve into name calling.  See you manged to get that started up almost a year later.  Good work.  This one didn't have any trolling or name calling yet.  Needed to be fixed.  Just took a little time.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

In response to BurritoT-'s comment:

In response to BOSOX1941's comment:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Ciriaco: 2013 starting SS!:
    [QUOTE]I've been saying it for quite some time, but I LOVE THIS KID!  He should be our starting SS for 2013
    Posted by redsoxdirtdog

There is no doubt about it in my mind either.[/QUOTE]

Hmmmm..............

Well......   That's sure a blast from the past.  How long did that take to find???  Too much time on your hands Burrito ;)

Still...  I said it.  I posted it.  I knew it was a small sample size at the time, but given the options.....  I still would have likely turned it over to him.  I surely would not have spent almosty $10 million / yr. on Drew, so I could hand it over to the unlikely Iggy.  Sure would have been a MUCH SIMPLER decision had Ciriaco started.  Turning the job over to Iggy would be a no brainer.

I've certainly learned much more about Ciriaco since saying that.

1)  The guy can't field anywhere near where I thought he could!!!  In fact, he's pretty sub-par.

2)  The guy most certainly can't find his stroke as a VERY part time player.

Since we're going on small samples.....  ;)  Iggy will always be a ++++  .300 mlb hitter!   ???

Seriously though.....  The kid has earned a big time shot at 3rd or SS.  I'd play him as THE starting SS, & ride him as far as he can go.  Keep Drew as the utility guy, as we could not deal him for near what we paid him.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

p.s.   Thanks to Burrito for unearthing that OP from..........

August of 2012

t   t   t    too much time on my hands   t  t   t  too much time on my hands   ;)

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

In response to redsoxdirtdog's comment:
    [QUOTE]

At least somebody on this board "gets it."

Nice job gentlemen.  Iggy is a mirage![/QUOTE

Now this would be my finest hour????    ;)

14. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts