Ciriaco Calls Out Peter Abraham

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Re: Ciriaco Calls Out Peter Abraham

Good for him!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

I like Abraham and what he writes--more than any other guy covering the Sox.  But Ciriaco is right on this one because Abraham seems fixated on telling us everything he can about Josh Beckett.  Josh, I agree, is a complicated and interesting character, but one who I think the Sox are better off without.  So who cares that Beckett wouldn't give Abraham an in depth interview last year or that Beckett might be dishonest about his availability to the Boston press?  He's gone, end of story.  Ciriaco is also right that it can't be much fun with all the reporters nosing around looking for more dirt. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

In response to Ciriaco Calls Out Peter Abraham:

I like Abraham and what he writes--more than any other guy covering the Sox.  But Ciriaco is right on this one because Abraham seems fixated on telling us everything he can about Josh Beckett.  Josh, I agree, is a complicated and interesting character, but one who I think the Sox are better off without.  So who cares that Beckett wouldn't give Abraham an in depth interview last year or that Beckett might be dishonest about his availability to the Boston press?  He's gone, end of story.  Ciriaco is also right that it can't be much fun with all the reporters nosing around looking for more dirt. 

I agree ... Pete Abraham is a good beat reporter who went overboard with Wednesday's swipe at Josh Beckett. Abraham needs to let it go.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from parhunter55. Show parhunter55's posts

Everyone needs to let it go.  Beckett and Agon are gone.  Let them be.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

It's become a boring team to cover for the writers. Maybe Peter could go to the LA Times and pursue Beckett. There's nothing more to write about  Beckett in Boston because he isn't in Boston. Chick and Beer are long gone--no more wondering when Beckett makes the big confession or why didn't the players go to Pesky's funeral and they went to Beckett's bowl a thon--these things are all in the past.

In addition AGon is gone and he will be the new star for the Dodgers. His BA is rising and he will continue to knock in a lot of runs and hopefully help Kemp, Ethier and all reach the playoffs and perhaps the WS.

I think most people are happy for Punto--he's back in the friendly confines of the NL and will be used more than BV had the opportunity to use him.

CC, I am really happy for him--a fresh start with a healthy body--good luck to all four 

And good luck to you Peter-----I hope you find something to write about.

How about:
    1. Did Bobby V tell Aceves he wouldn't be closing Sat. before they had words?
    2. Was Doubrount placed on waivers twice this August--what's the status?
    3. Rule 5 issues and this years 40 man roster?
    4. Who will be called up Sept.1?
    5.Will Bogaerts, Bradley, Brentz and Olmsted be assigned to the PawSox if they make the playoffs?

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from expitch. Show expitch's posts

It's become a boring team to cover for the writers. Maybe Peter could go to the LA Times and pursue Beckett. There's nothing more to write about  Beckett in Boston because he isn't in Boston. Chick and Beer are long gone--no more wondering when Beckett makes the big confession or why didn't the players go to Pesky's funeral and they went to Beckett's bowl a thon--these things are all in the past.

In addition AGon is gone and he will be the new star for the Dodgers. His BA is rising and he will continue to knock in a lot of runs and hopefully help Kemp, Ethier and all reach the playoffs and perhaps the WS.

I think most people are happy for Punto--he's back in the friendly confines of the NL and will be used more than BV had the opportunity to use him.

CC, I am really happy for him--a fresh start with a healthy body--good luck to all four 

How about:
    5.Will Bogaerts, Bradley, Brentz and Olmsted be assigned to the PawSox if they make the playoffs?

Do you have the exact figures for Gonzo's BA since he was traded?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SOXNVA. Show SOXNVA's posts

I actually like Pete's posts and his Tweets are also spot-on. Its actually nice to see a reporter who is not concerned with whether or not the players like him. Sure, it may make it harder to get interviews, but it will also make it easier when a player, staff, etc. want to spill-the-beans about an issue.

Asking players now about former players is the best time to get information. Its kind of like when a Mobster is out on the streets (nobody talks) and then gets locked-up behind bars (EVERYBODY talks). I can guarantee you, there are more stories lurking around this team and until they get addressed, the clubhouse climate may stay toxic. Airing dirty laundry in the press is sometimes cleansing. Whats the alternative? Harbor these things and let them continue to fester?

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

[QUOTE]

How about:

[/QUOTE]

Yes ex I do--just like you have the stats:
    Played 5 games,
    5 for 20------.250-------------------.300 when he was traded
    1 dinger-----in 5 games---with the Sox 1 in every  8.2 games
    6 RBI--------in 5 games---with the Sox 1 RBI in every 1.43 games
    .348 OBP %---------------------------.344 when he was traded
    .400 Slg %----------------------------.469 when he was traded

As I said his BA is rising and he will continue to knock in a lot of runs. I also realize 5 games is a small sample size. Thanks for raising the question I should have added some stats for AGon. I was sorry to see him go but the Dodgers were willing to pay 1/4 of a Billion $  to get him and the Sox were able to move some people almost everyone thought impossible.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SOXNVA. Show SOXNVA's posts

I find it hard to believe that Beckett was the only problem in that clubhouse. For one, I feel Lackey was an equal part as Beckett. Was not Lester part of this fiasco? Beckett is already pathing a path for Lester to get out by saying things in the media regarding how Lester felt/feels. I believe that Beckett was the negative influence on a lot of these issues. Unfortunately I believe he tainted some of the players, hopefully not past the point of repair.

We are still seeing blow-ups by players (Aceves). Perhaps the mentality is that if they become the new public enemy number one, they too will be traded away. I would love to see an anonymous survey taken where the players are asked if they truly want to play in Boston (all money and contracts aside).

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from expitch. Show expitch's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

How about:

[/QUOTE]

Yes ex I do--just like you have the stats:
    Played 5 games,
    5 for 20------.250-------------------.300 when he was traded
    1 dinger-----in 5 games---with the Sox 1 in every  8.2 games
    6 RBI--------in 5 games---with the Sox 1 RBI in every 1.43 games
    .348 OBP %---------------------------.344 when he was traded
    .400 Slg %----------------------------.469 when he was traded

As I said his BA is rising and he will continue to knock in a lot of runs. I also realize 5 games is a small sample size. Thanks for raising the question I should have added some stats for AGon. I was sorry to see him go but the Dodgers were willing to pay 1/4 of a Billion $  to get him and the Sox were able to move some people almost everyone thought impossible.

[/QUOTE]
    His BA has not risen but has actually dropped 50 points since the trade -- on a very small sample. It may rise, and he may end up with a better BA in LA than he had in Boston. He may be a monster for LA now that he's no longer hexed by the Monstah in Boston. 
    Time will tell. But risen, no.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillallbost08. Show stillallbost08's posts

Beckett is gone, and unfortantely it cost AGon. Ciriaco is a keeper in the middle infield roster spots.

are you sayiny that you actually like a player currently on the sox roster.....wow

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

The problem was Beckett. He's gone. The new clubhouse is already improved.

You can't prove that.  But it sounds true. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

pete is a good writer..........all I have to say

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosbruins2011cup. Show bosbruins2011cup's posts

Good for Ciriaco heck sadly the guy has been my favorite Red Sox this season for what he has done on the field.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from eab2011. Show eab2011's posts

Outstanding!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I hardly ever read Abraham, but I did one. He sounded like a school yard crybaby picking apart little details of Beckett's statements. "Ooohh, Boo hoo, Beckett says he always talks to the media after the game, but one time he didn't!... Gottcha!"

Anytime any player ever gets on the Boston media, they pounce like baby gorillas. They never address the points made by players, but instead go into political attack mode and bash the players character or veracity.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from lstboss. Show lstboss's posts

"Pedro Ciriaco ‏@TheRealCiriaco

@peteabe is painful to be around in the clubhouse. Still looking for dirt on former players. #playerbaiter #sour grapes"

Classic!

This is false, Pedro Ciriaco does not  even have a twitter account.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Maybe Ciriaco sent the tweet on someone else's account;)

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from lstboss. Show lstboss's posts

Maybe Ciriaco sent the tweet on someone else's account;)

There are about 20 Pedro Ciriaco twitter accounts, and several claiming to be the real Pedro Ciriaco, do you really think he would take the time to tweet at this point in his career ?