Ciriaco DFA'ed

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

Ciriaco DFA'ed

..as expected.

Middlebrooks starting against TB.

Stephen Drew starts against the righty, Cobb?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

Re: Ciriaco DFA'ed

well, he isnt a major league level guy anyway.  Ask Pittsburgh!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

surprise surprise.....well not really.  

I'm torn, I feel like Iglesias deserves to stay and I'm happy the team finally has enough confidence to clear out a more permanentt/semi permanent spot for him however I also feel like he deserves to get at-bats everyday. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

I think some team will want Ciriaco. 

Stabbed by Foulke.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

Well that was unexpected. :)

Kind of a nice little problem the Sox have right now. Good depth in case of injuries and or possible trade chips to help fill needs for the second half of the season.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

I thought .446 was better than .234.  Guess $9.5M is THAT important.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

The roster continues to take shape !!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from greenwellforpresident. Show greenwellforpresident's posts

In response to seannybboi's comment:

I thought .446 was better than .234.  Guess $9.5M is THAT important.  

I am a bit shocked that they would relegate him to utility role.  I agree that his hitting will cool off, but Iglesias should be starting every day at least until his average dips below .400.  7 multi hit games out of the last 10, the other 3 were, 1-1 with 3 bbs, 1-2, and 1-3 with 1 bb.  I am still holding out hope that this is just one day and they'll continue to start him more often than not.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

Glad they did the right thing. Ciriaco is not a ML player

WE ARE ALL JUST POPPYSEEDS IN THE BAKERY OF LIFE

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

No reason to worry about Iglesias.  He has made his point forcefully in two separate visits to Boston--terrific hitting and error free at both SS and 3B.    They are going to find a way to play him.  Plus he is fantastic insurance in case any one of those three--Middlebrooks, Drew, Pedroia--gets hurt. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

When Pedro was hitting well, I warned the kool aid drinkers that his .299 minor league OBP in over 3500 PAs was going to catch up to him.

When softy tried to claim Ciriaco was a better fielder than Aviles and Middlebrooks and should be the starting SS when Iggy was in AAA, well, I called him a clown (again).

I still think trading Drew made the most sense, but who knows what was offered or possible.

We are better with Will-Da-Beast over Pedro, and a solid left-side IF rotation might be in store...

Drew: SS vs all RH'd starting Pitchers (about 65% of the starts at SS plus late inning PH'ing for Iggy vs RHPs) 

Middlebrooks: 3B vs all LH'd starting pitchers (about 35% of the starts) plus about half of the starts vs RH's starters (about 33% of all starts)

Iggy: SS vs all LH'd SP'ers (35% of all games) and 3B vs half the RH'd SP'ers (about 32% of all games).

All three start about 2 of every 3 games vs optimal handed starters. The non-starter is aither a great PH option (Drew vs RHPs and Middy vs LHPs) of a great late inning defensive replacement (Iggy).

Sox4ever

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:

When Pedro was hitting well, I warned the kool aid drinkers that his .299 minor league OBP in over 3500 PAs was going to catch up to him.

When softy tried to claim Ciriaco was a better fielder than Aviles and Middlebrooks and should be the starting SS when Iggy was in AAA, well, I called him a clown (again).

I still think trading Drew made the most sense, but who knows what was offered or possible.

We are better with Will-Da-Beast over Pedro, and a solid left-side IF rotation might be in store...

Drew: SS vs all RH'd starting Pitchers (about 65% of the starts at SS plus late inning PH'ing for Iggy vs RHPs) 

Middlebrooks: 3B vs all LH'd starting pitchers (about 35% of the starts) plus about half of the starts vs RH's starters (about 33% of all starts)

Iggy: SS vs all LH'd SP'ers (35% of all games) and 3B vs half the RH'd SP'ers (about 32% of all games).

All three start about 2 of every 3 games vs optimal handed starters. The non-starter is aither a great PH option (Drew vs RHPs and Middy vs LHPs) of a great late inning defensive replacement (Iggy).

Sox4ever

as much as I dont like Drew's salary/competition with Iggy at ss, this was the right move. Drew is simply a better fielder than PC and this is essential as a sub...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:

DISAGREE; HE'S A fine ML bench player; and a NYY Killer. If he's released outright, expect he'll be gobbled up; perhaps by U know who

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

In response to georom4's comment:

Sox4ever

as much as I dont like Drew's salary/competition with Iggy at ss, this was the right move. Drew is simply a better fielder than PC and this is essential as a sub...

Drew is still the starter.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

Ciriaco, in the past, did have some good games for us.  Unfortunately for him, and good for Iggy, things change.

As with all players at that level, I wish him well and success with another team.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to nhsteven's comment:

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:

DISAGREE; HE'S A fine ML bench player; and a NYY Killer. If he's released outright, expect he'll be gobbled up; perhaps by U know who

Was just thinking and going to post the same, with the uncertainty of Jeter and AROD

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from illinoisredsox. Show illinoisredsox's posts

True about the NYY, but he has been decidedly pedestrian against everyone else.  Right now, his ONLY advantage over Iglesias/Drew/Middlebrooks is speed.  Ciriaco has been terrible in the field, poor at the plate and he has made some really boneheaded base running mistakes this year as well.  Drew/Iglesias can run for Ortiz when required, and are far superior defensively.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

Sox4ever

Until  WMB understands he should work on hitting the ball where it's pitched, the Sox would be better off with Iggy at third even if he hits .200--because he's a better fielder than "will da what?"

Both Nap and WMB could be so much more productive and dangerous if they went with the pitch.

Perhaps JF should consider putting Nava at first against tough RH. pitchers: Carp, Ells, SHaVic, with Nava at 1 B, Drew @SS along with Salty and Ortiz. That's a pretty good corp of seven LH bats. Pedroia can hit almost anybody.

Oh well it was close: tonight against Cobb--Carp starts at 1 B instead of LF.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

As someone who was Iggy's most vocal supporter turned detretractor when everyone loved him because he was bunting his way on base (I've still always maintained my support for him based off of his defense I've just not yet been sold on the offense) I must admit he looks good.  No matter what his numbers are bound to come back down to earth but if he can continue what he is doing at the plate it will be more of a softlanding than a crash.....and that will speak wonders for him to start full time.

There will debate, people will angry, there will be the Drew haters because they won't understand why Iggy is starting.  BUT!!!! if you look at things on the larger scale, what is happening now is speaking volumes to iggy's chances at being a starting short stop in the major leagues. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

Middlebrooks is starting tonight?  So Iggy is not playing?  This is bull%&$#.  

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to Ice-Cream's comment:

Middlebrooks is starting tonight?  So Iggy is not playing?  This is bull%&$#.  

It's not like Middlebrooks is a 10 year vet who lost his job to injury.

I agree with yoiur last word.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

A word of advice to our pitchers if they have to face Ciriaco.  Throw ALL breaking stuff.  The guy is strictly a fast-ball hitter.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from illinoisredsox. Show illinoisredsox's posts

In response to ampoule's comment:

A word of advice to our pitchers if they have to face Ciriaco.  Throw ALL breaking stuff.  The guy is strictly a fast-ball hitter.

In a previous life, he was Pedro Cerrano, but Jobu got mad and not only made sure he couldn;t hit a curve ball but shrank him as well.Laughing

Sections
Shortcuts