CIRIACO < DREW?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Re: CIRIACO < DREW?

The big question for me is HEART?

I PRAY he has more heart for BASEBALL than his big brother.  J.D. (in my opinion) was so consumed with playing the ultimate Christian that he forgot about what God said about doing your GD job. 

I will pray for his brother!  I will pray that he doesn't have his head up his proverbial Christian Arse.  I'm not knocking Christians!!!!  Just ones that forget about their teammates.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

& fans.....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

In response to EdithBRTN's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Being objective about Communist Contrarian and ADG is a bad thing? Are weeds good for a garden? Must they be tolerated? Such stupid, idiotic threads need not be the norm for the forum. CC said that this thread was a neutral hypothesis for objective discussion. Do you agree with that statement? I merely disagreed. Is that wrong?

[/QUOTE]

Complaining about others' topics, trying to out people, claiming this person is that person...the same, boring topics from you as ever.

You never did reveal why you have historically used more than one alias simultaneously, nor have you defended your attempts to expose posters' true identities.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Drew is signed for one year.

Not expected to be in their long-range plans.

Just another band-aid.

So far Cherrybomb is good at signing "band -aids."

He must have something up his sleeve.

I hope it's an ace. But, it probably will be a joker. No confidence in this front office. I understand what they are doing, But I don't like the smokecreen.... that they are trying to stay competitive.

They are just trying to keep the ratings respectable, and keep all the big $$$ sponsors...and continue the bogus sellout streak.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

Ciriaco eats Yanquis.

For the fun of it.

Ole!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

In response to SinceYaz's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Ciriaco eats Yanquis.

For the fun of it.

Ole!

[/QUOTE]

Ciriaco added some much needed excitedment and energy to the team last year.  I really enjoyed watching him play.  That said, it is unlikely that he would be able to sustain the offensive numbers that he had last season, and IMO, he better serves the team in a utility role rather than a starting role.

While I love Iglesias' defense, and I think that defense is more important at the SS position than offense, his .200 OBP is really difficult to overlook.  I think he really needs some more time at AAA.

Drew on a one year contract makes a lot of sense to me.  I am optimistic that he will rebound quite nicely if he stays healthy.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

In response to Ben Cheringtom's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Schumpeters-Ghost's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Ciriaco is an excelent utility player who will get in a lot of games for the Sox.  That is his role.

Iggy is the SS that is being delayed by the Drew signing.

[/QUOTE]

thank god you have nothing to do with the actual dealings of the team

[/QUOTE]

Well he is 100 % right about it. Ciriaco is not the future. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

In response to redsoxdirtdog's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The big question for me is HEART?

I PRAY he has more heart for BASEBALL than his big brother.  J.D. (in my opinion) was so consumed with playing the ultimate Christian that he forgot about what God said about doing your GD job. 

I will pray for his brother!  I will pray that he doesn't have his head up his proverbial Christian Arse.  I'm not knocking Christians!!!!  Just ones that forget about their teammates.

[/QUOTE]

Not sure that Drew's christianity was ever an issue in the clubhouse. Nor did he at every opportnuity like Tim Tebow use his fame as a pulpit and praise the lord at every opportunity and press conference. End of the day the guy was a devoted father and christian both noble characteristics. While you sir are entitled to your opinions about him as a player. Judging him as person is out of bounds. I guess if he was a womanizer, drug abuser and hit .400 you'd have found him to be worthy of your praise?

Drew's biggest issue was that he had chronic hamstring problems and never wanted to play when he was less than 100% for fear he'd tear it and miss significant time. God had nothing to do with it and while he may have not lived up to what many saw as HOF potential. He was a very good player, teammate and was a pro's pro. I have five brothers and none of them are like me they are thier own persons who share some of the same values not all. So as you sit on your high horse looking down at the Drew Family becasue of their Christain beliefs you may want to allow Stephan the chance to make his own legesey and if he and we the fans are lucky, during his tenture in a Sox uniform that he like his older brother helps to deliver another championship banner...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

I may be wrong, but I recall a few interviews where he alluded to the relative importance of baseball & the Red Sox in comparison to his faith???

Don't get me wrong! His faith is admirable, but it seemed to ME that he didn't have a great deal of heart for the game & his teammates.  At least not the heart he had for God.  He simply never played with the heart that I clearly saw he had for God. I guess it's probably a gratuitous shot, as I'm likely lumping him in with too many foney baloney Christians who are so want to judge, while completely ignoring their own failings. I recall him talking about how God had blessed him with these baseball gifts, but he just seemed to dog it IMO.  It certainly got very bad in his last few years with the Sox.   So much potential for sure, but so little baseball heart IMO. The irony??? Here I am judging him. Turnabout is fair play? Not sure??

I'm all for the faith, but I've had way more than my fair share of the judgement from the likes. He's probably nothing like that, so I'm probably out of line?? Please excuse my obvious bitterness. I hope his brother plays with a bit more heart, whatever the motivation :)

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

In response to COMMIE-CONTRARIAN's comment:
    [QUOTE]

love the upgrade of the bullpen.. best and cheapest thing to do to guarantee being competitve. but y not start pedro at short with a jambroni as a utility or boegarts in the wings... drew seems too much of a luxury plus he bbrings the curse of the drew family!

[/QUOTE]

Didn't the Red Sox win a World Series' in JD's first year with the Sox. I'll take that curse this year.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

[QUOTE]

Ciriaco is an excelent utility player who will get in a lot of games for the Sox.  That is his role.

[/QUOTE]

Drew isn't delaying Iggy. Iggy's bat is delaying Iggy.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

In response to royf19's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I guess.  I wonder how many years Ozzie Smith would have been delayed by his bat? 

[/QUOTE]

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I guess.  I wonder how many years Ozzie Smith would have been delayed by his bat? 

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

if iggy had ozzie smiths bat then he would be playing now wouldn't he?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to ZILLAGOD's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Drew is signed for one year.

Not expected to be in their long-range plans.

Just another band-aid.

So far Cherrybomb is good at signing "band -aids."

He must have something up his sleeve.

I hope it's an ace. But, it probably will be a joker. No confidence in this front office. I understand what they are doing, But I don't like the smokecreen.... that they are trying to stay competitive.

They are just trying to keep the ratings respectable, and keep all the big $$$ sponsors...and continue the bogus sellout streak.

[/QUOTE]

Either they stay competetive this way or they trade away all the prospects like Toronto did and use the "win now" mentality.

They prosmised to put a competetive team on the field, all while knowing their prospects will be arriving soon. There has been no smoke screen. BC told us what the main plan was and has stuck to it so far. No surprises. This approach is better for the long term IMO.

If you dont like the plan, I can respect that. But I dont understand some fans that think hes trying to pull the wool over the fans eyes.

I could care less about the phoney sellout streak. Blame LL and ownership for trying to fool the fans.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

+1

[/QUOTE]

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

In response to mef429's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I looked up Ozzie's early years.  he couldn't hit at all. 

I think if the Sox had Ozzie they would have traded him for Tim Foli

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to redsoxdirtdog's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I may be wrong, but I recall a few interviews where he alluded to the relative importance of baseball & the Red Sox in comparison to his faith???

Don't get me wrong! His faith is admirable, but it seemed to ME that he didn't have a great deal of heart for the game & his teammates.  At least not the heart he had for God.  He simply never played with the heart that I clearly saw he had for God. I guess it's probably a gratuitous shot, as I'm likely lumping him in with too many foney baloney Christians who are so want to judge, while completely ignoring their own failings. I recall him talking about how God had blessed him with these baseball gifts, but he just seemed to dog it IMO.  It certainly got very bad in his last few years with the Sox.   So much potential for sure, but so little baseball heart IMO. The irony??? Here I am judging him. Turnabout is fair play? Not sure??

I'm all for the faith, but I've had way more than my fair share of the judgement from the likes. He's probably nothing like that, so I'm probably out of line?? Please excuse my obvious bitterness. I hope his brother plays with a bit more heart, whatever the motivation :)

[/QUOTE]

When Drew was onthe field, He played hard and was very good. except for that last year.

Most people didnt like the fact that he refused to play a little hurt. I think that would be fans biggest complaint about him.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Ozzie wasnt much of a hitter in the beginning either. In his first 4 years , 2 of them he had an obp below .300 (.260 and .294) the other 2 were just over .300 (.311 and .313) in 1 of those 4 years his OPS was above .600. yes, 600! He hit .300 once in his career. Ozzie really didnt start hitting consitently until he was 27.

Give Iggy another year or more if need be. That glove is very very special. People now adays are so damn impatient. 22 is still very young.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

In response to Softlaw1's comment:

JD Drew is like Cal Ripken, Jr. compared to Ellsbury. Terrific defensive OF'er for a fanbase that has no concept of that side of the game. Did not possess a lot of power, but more than the average MLB player. Knew the strike zone. Was never meant to be a middle of the lineup slugigng guy, but fans seemed to think so. Drew was an amazing value and fit compared to Crawbust and Ellspuff.

Good golly ... I agree with softlaw1 on many of these points (without the juvenile name-calling).

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I looked up Ozzie's early years.  he couldn't hit at all. 

I think if the Sox had Ozzie they would have traded him for Tim Foli

[/QUOTE]

Let me guess:  you looked at his batting average, right?  Did you look at his walks i.e. OBP?  Stolen bases?  His first 6 years he still offensively exceeded in MLB what Iglesias has done in MiLB.