Ciriaco traded to SD

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Ciriaco traded to SD

http://www.overthemonster.com/2013/6/14/4429816/red-sox-trade-pedro-ciriaco-padres-player-to-be-named-later

If this site didnt have so many IT issues I would be able to give you a clickable link, but since they dont have a clue in the IT dept you will have to right click the link and open in in another tab.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazyworldoftroybrown. Show crazyworldoftroybrown's posts

Re: Ciriaco traded to SD

Just read that too, wish Pedro the best. I liked him. Tried to do his job, nothing wrong with that.

Padres from what I read.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Could be a lead in to a bigger trade down the road with the Padres, especially if Pedro does well in SD. Otherwise it will just be a prospect for Pedro. I wonder if they could use a used up SS!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from emp9. Show emp9's posts

In response to sportsbozo1's comment:

Could be a lead in to a bigger trade down the road with the Padres, especially if Pedro does well in SD. Otherwise it will just be a prospect for Pedro. I wonder if they could use a used up SS!

Used-up? Come on man, let's be reasonable. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

In response to BurritoT-'s comment:

Hideki Okajima is on the A's.... the entire team is ex-Red Sox. 

I agree with you BurritoT   Laughing

• Coco Crisp
    • Jed Lowrie
    • Moss
    • Okajima

and a few more I cannot think of.   LOL

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Padres Acquire Pedro Ciriaco By Steve Adams[June 14, 2013 at 8:59am CST]

The Padres have acquired Pedro Ciriaco from the Red Sox in exchange for a player to be named later, tweets Peter Gammons of the MLB Network. The 27-year-old infielder was designated for assignment by the Red Sox on Monday.

Ciriaco hit .293/.315/.390 in 272 plate appearances for the BoSox last season, but batted just .216/.293/.353 in limited playing time this year. The signing of Stephen Drew and the emergence of Jose Iglesias made Ciriaco expendable to the Red Sox.

San Diego recently lost Jedd Gyorko to the disabled list, so it makes sense that the Friars were on the lookout for infield help. In 370 Major League plate appearances, Ciriaco is a .287/.315/.398 hitter. He has extensive experience at third base, shortstop and second base, but Ciriaco also played all three outfield positions and first base as well during his Red Sox tenure.

You may glory in a team triumphant......
    But you fall in love with a team in defeat

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

ha! no wonder their in 1st place in their division. Wink

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

In response to Ice-Cream's comment:

I agree with you BurritoT    Laughing

• Coco Crisp
    • Jed Lowrie
    • Moss
    • Okajima

guess we need another reddick / baily thread ;-)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to pinstripezac35's comment:

• Coco Crisp
    • Jed Lowrie
    • Moss
    • Okajima

I was going to say the same thing! 

B Moss  11 HRs and 33 RBIs

C Crisp  .384 OBP and .889 OPS

Lowrie  .376 OBP and .783 OPS in 280 PAs

Reddick .187  2  18 (.573 OPS)

Okajima  4 IP  2.25 ERA 2.25 WHIP

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Dodgers and Oakland=Fenway West. I forgot about Lowrie, until I watched the game in extras, last night. I wouldn't have recognized Reddick, if not for his name on the back of the uniform. Between the cap, sunglasses and beard, he looked more like he was going to knock over a bank, than a baseball. 

You may glory in a team triumphant......
    But you fall in love with a team in defeat

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

In response to pinstripezac35's comment:

• Coco Crisp
    • Jed Lowrie
    • Moss
    • Okajima

Thanks for the reminder pinstripezac35.    Wink

Tough loss for your team and mine.  Both lost in extra innings.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yukon-Cornelius. Show Yukon-Cornelius's posts

In response to J-BAY's comment:

Padres Acquire Pedro Ciriaco By Steve Adams[June 14, 2013 at 8:59am CST]

The Padres have acquired Pedro Ciriaco from the Red Sox in exchange for a player to be named later, tweets Peter Gammons of the MLB Network. The 27-year-old infielder was designated for assignment by the Red Sox on Monday.

Ciriaco hit .293/.315/.390 in 272 plate appearances for the BoSox last season, but batted just .216/.293/.353 in limited playing time this year. The signing of Stephen Drew and the emergence of Jose Iglesias made Ciriaco expendable to the Red Sox.

San Diego recently lost Jedd Gyorko to the disabled list, so it makes sense that the Friars were on the lookout for infield help. In 370 Major League plate appearances, Ciriaco is a .287/.315/.398 hitter. He has extensive experience at third base, shortstop and second base, but Ciriaco also played all three outfield positions and first base as well during his Red Sox tenure.

First time I ever heard the Padres referred to as the Friars.  Had me scratching me head for a second.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

At the risk of being presumptuous, may I point out this deal has consequences for the Sox?  Specifically, Iglesias stays on the big club for the duration.  Right now he is the utility infielder, but that certainly could change.  Also, until the Sox make a deal or bring up someone from the minors, Iglesias, Drew, Pedroia, and Middlebrooks are the sum total of 3B, SS, and 2B players. 

My guess, nothing more than that, is the Sox keep all four unless and until they are no longer competitive for a playoff slot. 

If Drew gets traded as many on OTFB are demanding, the Sox will need to find another utility infielder and Iglesias and Middlebrooks will play SS and 3B every day.  This is why I think Drew will not be traded because he is a good hedge against either of them playing badly or either of them getting injured.    

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazyworldoftroybrown. Show crazyworldoftroybrown's posts

Sox will call up Holt, he's been on a hot streak in Pawtucket.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Sox will get a minor leaguer who has a ceiling of being a utility guy or just minor league depth. Ciriaco isn't worth a cent more than that.  Boy did he have some good games against the Yankees though...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to maxbialystock's comment:

At the risk of being presumptuous, may I point out this deal has consequences for the Sox?  Specifically, Iglesias stays on the big club for the duration.  Right now he is the utility infielder, but that certainly could change.  Also, until the Sox make a deal or bring up someone from the minors, Iglesias, Drew, Pedroia, and Middlebrooks are the sum total of 3B, SS, and 2B players. 

My guess, nothing more than that, is the Sox keep all four unless and until they are no longer competitive for a playoff slot. 

If Drew gets traded as many on OTFB are demanding, the Sox will need to find another utility infielder and Iglesias and Middlebrooks will play SS and 3B every day.  This is why I think Drew will not be traded because he is a good hedge against either of them playing badly or either of them getting injured.    

Holt has been hitting very good in AAA max. They need to play Drew and once he goes back on a hot streak, which he will, they will probably look to move him. My guess is obviously around the deadline. Iggy should be the starting SS come August unless something happens between now and then like an injury or Middy continuing his poor offense and defense. This is why they probably wont trsde him right now, nor should they. Fans will have to understand and let the process play out.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Fans do not understand why Iggy is sitting while Drew and Middy struggle. There is nothing to understand. The fans are right: PLAY IGGY until the cows come home!

Sox4ever

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:

Fans do not understand why Iggy is sitting while Drew and Middy struggle. There is nothing to understand. The fans are right: PLAY IGGY until the cows come home!

Sox4ever

It is incomprehensible how some posters are still opposed to Iglesias playing every day. What does he have to do ? 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 56redsox. Show 56redsox's posts

In response to sportsbozo1's comment:

Yep, Dodgers Trade AGon Back To San Diego, And We Trade Iggy And JB.JR For AGon...

Sections
Shortcuts