Citizen Kane Murdoch To Buy Half of the YES Network; No Plans in the Future to Rename the Team the New York Foxes.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenPartyCelt. Show GreenPartyCelt's posts

Citizen Kane Murdoch To Buy Half of the YES Network; No Plans in the Future to Rename the Team the New York Foxes.

Okay....So now he owns half of the YES network. No need for this left-wing moonbat Yankee fan to contemplate the baseball fan equivalent of Harry Carey. Not yet, anyway.  Maybe a Murdoch-hired announcer will start calling every other close line drive hit up the first or third base lines "fair AND balanced", but I'm sure Michael Kay will have him correct that...eventually.  And seeing Fox News ads displayed behind home plate...No problem.  Murdoch throwing out the first pitch in the ALDS opener, and channeling George Steinbrenner?  Well, I do keep a mini-vomitorium bowl handy for the playoffs when I literally drown my sorrows....And of course they will always be my Yankees, even if they introduce hot looking cheerleader-babes behind the 1st base dugout between innings as the New York Foxes....So, in conclusion, I will be fine...Just fine....

By the way, is there a counselor in the house...Wait, I play one in my day job....Okay...Like I said, I will be fine....I'll just make an appointment with myself first thing in the morning....

http://espn.go.com/new-york/mlb/story/_/id/8652969/new-york-yankees-steinbrenners-say-yes-murdoch-takeover

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JoeFoyFan. Show JoeFoyFan's posts

Re: Citizen Kane Murdoch To Buy Half of the YES Network; No Plans in the Future to Rename the Team the New York Foxes.

In response to GreenPartyCelt's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Okay....So now he owns half of the YES network. No need for this left-wing moonbat Yankee fan to contemplate the baseball fan equivalent of Harry Carey. Not yet, anyway.  Maybe a Murdoch-hired announcer will start calling every other close line drive hit up the first or third base lines "fair AND balanced", but I'm sure Michael Kay will have him correct that...eventually.  And seeing Fox News ads displayed behind home plate...No problem.  Murdoch throwing out the first ball, and channeling George Steinbrenner.  Well, I do keep a mini-vomitarium bowl handy for the playoffs when I literally drown my sorrows....And of course they will always be my Yankees, even if they introduce hot looking cheerleader-babes behind the 1st base dugout between innings as the New York Foxes....So, in conclusion, I will be fine...Just fine....

By the way, is there a counselor in the house...Wait, I play one in my day job....Okay...Like I said, I will be fine....I'll just make an appointment with myself first thing in the morning....

http://espn.go.com/new-york/mlb/story/_/id/8652969/new-york-yankees-steinbrenners-say-yes-murdoch-takeover

[/QUOTE]

"Rosebud"

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenPartyCelt. Show GreenPartyCelt's posts

Re: Citizen Kane Murdoch To Buy Half of the YES Network; No Plans in the Future to Rename the Team the New York Foxes.

I have been saying for a while against the basball-pundit stream that Hal S. and company would ditch their let's-watch-the-payroll fiscal conservatism before next year and buy Josh Hamilton.  Only because there were so many empty seats during the playoffs, and waiting until 2014 to pluck the Felix Hernandezes etc. might  be foolhardy.  However, with Citizen Kane Jr. in the mix now (the likelihood of Yankee games on Fox internationally everywhere they broadcast, which is pretty widespread...), anything is possible.  In the play and movie Damn Yankees, it was Washington Senator fan Joe Boyd who sold his soul to the devil so his beloved Senators would beat the Yankees and win it all.  Now I do NOT believe in the mythological devil, but if he did exist, and I were making a pact to return the Yanks to their glory days and preserve their top-hated team status in MLB (the Dodgers are trying to steal that crown), I would choose Satan over Rupert Murdoch.  Then again, to some of the activists I work with, Citizen Kane Jr. is tantamount to the Devil, so why quibble over words...Anyway, God is in his heaven, the Yankees are in the Bronx, and December 21st has come early for this diehard fan......

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenPartyCelt. Show GreenPartyCelt's posts

I was thinking the same thing...Now Rosebud is no longer a sled...Just Rupert's pet name for the little American baseball team he plans to buy...I should go start working on the Citizen Kane sequel screenplay right now...If Satan serves you lemons, why not sell lemonade???

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bald-predictions. Show bald-predictions's posts

I may have to start rooting for them guys!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenPartyCelt. Show GreenPartyCelt's posts

In response to bald-predictions' comment:
    [QUOTE]

I may have to start rooting for them guys!!

[/QUOTE]

I knew you had conservative leanings kojak, but honestly!!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

Very appropriate.  The Evil Empire needs to maintain its reputation.  

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to Softlaw1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Who cares, the NYT has stated that Obama did noting wrong in saying that the Libyan 911 attack on the US embassy was caused by a hateful Muslim video that lead to a peaceful protest that simply got out of hand because they were provoked by this video that they used as an excuse, and has stated  the Red Sox are in good management hands.

Anyone know what caused the man-made cuased disaster last 9-11?  Ir order to stop the violence on 9-11, the key is to jal those who make hateful videos about radical Muslims.

Has GE given Obama stock options for his good will towards GE? How about BP? How about the AFL-"CIA"?

[/QUOTE]

I believe this is called rambling.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenPartyCelt. Show GreenPartyCelt's posts

In response to Sheriff-Rojas' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Very appropriate.  The Evil Empire needs to maintain its reputation.  

[/QUOTE]

Well, look at it from Murdoch's perspective.  He just got thru the debilitating phone hacking scandal intact, and is now gloating over his late-arriving tormentor BBC being put thru its own Watergate-style debacle because they covered up the crimes of super-pedophile TV presenter Jimmy Savile. And if you cannot purchase an American president like Mitt, then why not just purchase the N.Y. Yankees...But start with YES, valued at about 3 billion dollars compared to the measly 1.9 billion for the Yankees if you were to buy just the team outright....Man, Rupert will have the Yanks on every cable network in Europe...Forget about America's team this and the national pastime that....Rupie's new international Fox Sports network will look to supplant cricket with baseball, and give soccer a run for its money...Move over, Man United, Man City, Arsenal, Chelsea and Liverpool....Here come the Damn Yankees...Now that is what I call E-V-I-L.....

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In response to GreenPartyCelt's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I have been saying for a while against the basball-pundit stream that Hal S. and company would ditch their let's-watch-the-payroll fiscal conservatism before next year and buy Josh Hamilton.  Only because there were so many empty seats during the playoffs, and waiting until 2014 to pluck the Felix Hernandezes etc. might  be foolhardy.  However, with Citizen Kane Jr. in the mix now (the likelihood of Yankee games on Fox internationally everywhere they broadcast, which is pretty widespread...), anything is possible.  In the play and movie Damn Yankees, it was Washington Senator fan Joe Boyd who sold his soul to the devil so his beloved Senators would beat the Yankees and win it all.  Now I do NOT believe in the mythological devil, but if he did exist, and I were making a pact to return the Yanks to their glory days and preserve their top-hated team status in MLB (the Dodgers are trying to steal that crown), I would choose Satan over Rupert Murdoch.  Then again, to some of the activists I work with, Citizen Kane Jr. is tantamount to the Devil, so why quibble over words...Anyway, God is in his heaven, the Yankees are in the Bronx, and December 21st has come early for this diehard fan......

[/QUOTE]

I thought Rupert Murdoch was Satan...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

I thught Murdoch spelled the word F A U X

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

It appears that Murdoch has the option in 5 years of increasing his stake to 80%, which IMO will be the Steinbrenners exit strategy of the Yankees.

One would assume that Fox would operate the Yankees much like the Dodgers are now operated. The tail is now wagging the dog

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

[QUOTE]

I thought it was the New York Slimes.

Yankees are the superior organization, as sad as that is for a life-long Red Sox fan. That they don't dress like choon gang and hippies, and they win the division nearly every season, I wish the Red Sox was run so well.

[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately, Tom Yawkey set the tone for Red Sox management for far too many years. Tough to recover from that.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

[QUOTE]

NO, I'm referring to the last half a decade and the time since the Yawkey's sold the team.

[/QUOTE]

Yawkey foolishly believed he could buy championships without leadership. His country club mentality has been difficult for the organization to completely shed. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

In response to devildavid's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

NO, I'm referring to the last half a decade and the time since the Yawkey's sold the team.

[/QUOTE]

Yawkey foolishly believed he could buy championships without leadership. His country club mentality has been difficult for the organization to completely shed. 

[/QUOTE]

Tom Yawkey has been dead for 36 years.  Time to let go of your bitterness.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

In response to dgalehouse's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to devildavid's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Tom Yawkey has been dead for 36 years.  Time to let go of your bitterness.

[/QUOTE]

I'm not bitter. Just telling it like it is. His left his imprint on the organization.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

And softlaw hijacks yet another thread...

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenPartyCelt. Show GreenPartyCelt's posts

Here are two good follow up articles from Phil Watson of Bleacher Report and Amy Chozick of the NY Times on the Foxification of the Yankees, or at least the YES network...

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1416046-rupert-murdoch-and-the-yankees-a-marriage-made-in-heaven-or

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/11/20/business/media/news-corporation-looks-at-potential-acquisitions.html?ref=baseball&_r=0

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenPartyCelt. Show GreenPartyCelt's posts

By the way, are other teams asleep at the waiver wire wheel? How could any team let a guy like Storey get by without claiming him....These are pretty decent MLB stats he has posted.  What gives?  Is he carrying a load of dirty laundry known only to MLB GM's? As Claude Rains' Captain Renault opines to Bogie's Rick Blaine: 

"Renault: I've often speculated why you don't return to America. Did you abscond with the church funds? Did you run off with a Senator's wife? I like to think that you killed a man. It's the romantic in me.

Rick: It's a combination of all three."

This article paste is from MLB Trade Rumors:
    "Yankees Claim Mickey Storey  By Ben Nicholson-Smith [November 20 at 4:24pm CST]The Yankees claimed right-hander Mickey Storey off of waivers from Houston, the Astros announced. The Astros now have 36 players on their 40-man roster.
    Storey made 26 relief appearances for the Astros this past season. The 26-year-old posted a 3.86 ERA with 10.1 K/9 and 3.0 BB/9 in 30 1/3 innings at the MLB level. He also spent considerable time at Triple-A in 2012, posting a 3.05 ERA with 10.0 K/9 and 1.9 BB/9 in 65 innings.

Read more at http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/#3FUDjxu5b3g1uw5V.99" 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenPartyCelt. Show GreenPartyCelt's posts

The first big building block for the pitching staff is in place...If the Yanks had lost Kuroda, next season would have even been more dicey a proposition than it looks right now...

http://espn.go.com/new-york/mlb/story/_/id/8657316/hiroki-kuroda-new-york-yankees-agree-one-year-15m-deal-sources-say