Classic Coma - top of the 8th

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from piersall. Show piersall's posts

Re: Classic Coma - top of the 8th

Question for those who question Tito strategies with .048 and .198 hitters;  Do you ever expect these guys to produce?   Tito does.  If you don't like them being involved, spend a little energy lobbying for "coma" to bench them, just as you were doing last year re. Papi.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dangerfeld. Show Dangerfeld's posts

From a statistical probability perspective why do specific posters always take the negative position. It seems that Georom insists that Tito is wrong when he wakes up in the morning and puts on his pants. Why is that? Doesn't he ever vary his posts or opinions? Sounds like a troll to me.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

In Response to Re: Classic Coma - top of the 8th:
    [QUOTE]Joe Back here top defend  my point. A game manager tells his .048 hitting catcher to take a pitch and let one of the premier base stealers in baseball get into scoring position by stealing on a RH relief pitcher.  If CC can't run in that situation, when can he?  Tek bunted on the first pitch.  If Francona called for the sac bunt there, that is stupid.  Why waste an at-bat, give up the second out of the inning, and put all your hopes on .190 hitter to come through with a two out hit?  If he didn't call for the bunt, then he let his player do whatever he wanted rather than MANAGE the game.  The fact Varitek got hit by a pitch doesn't minimize his mismanagement - it just means he got lucky. Posted by Encinitas[/QUOTE]

So you are pissed that CC did not steal.

You are pissed that Tek tried to bunt him over and if it worked putting all the pressure on a 190 hitter?

But you are OK if he steals and puts all the pressure on a two under 200 hitters in a row????

BTW Rodney picked off Figgins the other day.....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

[QUOTE]From a statistical probability perspective why do specific posters always take the negative position. It seems that Georom insists that Tito is wrong when he wakes up in the morning and puts on his pants. Why is that? Doesn't he ever vary his posts or opinions? Sounds like a troll to me.
    Posted by Dangerfeld[/QUOTE]

It's part of the way that they form their opinion.  CC gets on.  Order him to steal 2nd on the first pitch.  Order him to steal 3rd on the second pitch.  Order up a suicide squeeze.  Done.  Imposible he'll get picked off.  Impossible he'll be thrown out.  Impossible the hitter whiffs on the suicide.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dangerfeld. Show Dangerfeld's posts

Great points Joe. Wasn't the forum lucky to have Georom start the game thread last night?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Of course, the anti-Tito crowd isn't talking about the top of the sixth, when he called on Crawford to bunt Lowrie and Ortiz over. After Varitek struck out, Ellbury knocked them in.
    But no, that would be saying something positive about the guy.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

Didn't Tek foul the first pitch off? This is much ado about nothing and all the Tito haters have to cling to.  The team has righted the ship and this is all they got?  Pure drivel.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Classic Coma - top of the 8th : Nice try.  Francona acknowledged today that he did NOT make that call.  I have stated what Francona's positive traits are.  Game management decisions or not among them. 
    Posted by Encinitas[/QUOTE]
    You're right, I hadn't seen that until just now. Wasn't "trying" anything, just didn't know 'till you pointed it out.
    Sticking by my original point, though.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Classic Coma - top of the 8th : Nice try.  Francona acknowledged today that he did NOT make that call.  I have stated what Francona's positive traits are.  Game management decisions or not among them. 
    Posted by Encinitas[/QUOTE]

What a Troll you are !!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

[QUOTE]Of course, the anti-Tito crowd isn't talking about the top of the sixth, when he called on Crawford to bunt Lowrie and Ortiz over. After Varitek struck out, Ellbury knocked them in. But no, that would be saying something positive about the guy.
    Posted by LloydDobler[/QUOTE]

Lloyd,

The trolls are always out. No one ever said Tito is perfect, sure he makes mistakes, every manager does, just as every GM does, but you can't just be a good clubhouse manager and win 93-95 wins a year, but some people simply can't or won't acknowledge Tito is one of the best managers in MLB. If He ever left Boston, you'd see the teams in need of a manager lining up at his doorstep.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

[QUOTE]I think they won last night, didn't they? Damn that Francona for managing us to another win.
    Posted by ZILLAGOD[/QUOTE]

:o)   Zill, how can you possibly be so relaxed ... so sensible? 

"You can't win for losing" ... Tito adds depth to the old saw , "You lose, even when you're winning."