Classic Red Sox baseball cards: Your favorite? Celebration 100th anniversary Fenway Park

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliamsjr. Show hankwilliamsjr's posts

Re: Classic Red Sox baseball cards: Your favorite?

Despite claiming to be avid Red Sox fans, few posters have a clue about how pitiful Jason Varitek was in comparison to truly great Red Sox catchers. Rick Ferrell was a great Red Sox catcher and deserving member of the Hall of Fame.

On May 10, 1933, the Boston Red Sox purchased Ferrell from the financially-strapped Browns. Two months later, Ferrell was selected along with his brother to play for the American League team in the inaugural Major League Baseball All-Star Game held on July 6, 1933. American League manager Connie Mack used Ferrell to catch the entire game in a 4-2 American League victory, even though future Hall of Fame members Mickey Cochrane and Bill Dickey were also on the team  --  Wiki

Though he had the handicap of being from the backwoods redneck Bible thumping and gun toting State that El Presidente is prepared to lick those redneck shoes if it means winning those backwoods electoral college votes, he overcame this obstacle and thrived in the bigoted arrogance of New England. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

Re: Classic Red Sox baseball cards: Your favorite?

In Response to Re: Classic Red Sox baseball cards: Your favorite?:
    [QUOTE]This was my introduction to Bobby Valentine. His name stuck out with me. Little did I know that 36 years later he would be the Sox manager. (The 1975 Topps collection is my favorite).
    Posted by royf19[/QUOTE]

Nice looking guy.

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.