Classic Red Sox baseball cards: Your favorite? Celebration 100th anniversary Fenway Park

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigpanther98. Show bigpanther98's posts

Re: Classic Red Sox baseball cards: Your favorite?

In Response to Re: Classic Red Sox baseball cards: Your favorite?:
    [QUOTE]Despite claiming to be avid Red Sox fans, few posters have a clue about how pitiful Jason Varitek was in comparison to truly great Red Sox catchers. Rick Ferrell was a great Red Sox catcher and deserving member of the Hall of Fame. On May 10, 1933 , the Boston Red Sox purchased Ferrell from the financially-strapped Browns. Two months later, Ferrell was selected along with his brother to play for the American League team in the inaugural Major League Baseball All-Star Game held on July 6, 1933 . American League manager Connie Mack used Ferrell to catch the entire game in a 4-2 American League victory, even though future Hall of Fame members Mickey Cochrane and Bill Dickey were also on the team  --  Wiki Though he had the handicap of being from the backwoods redneck Bible thumping and gun toting State that El Presidente is prepared to lick those redneck shoes if it means winning those backwoods electoral college votes, he overcame this obstacle and thrived in the bigoted arrogance of New England. 
    Posted by hankwilliamsjr[/QUOTE]

Ferrell had a career OPS+ of 95, Varitek had 98.  Ferrell had a career WAR of 22.9 while Varitek had 23.1 in three less seasons.  Both, in their prime, were right there as some of the best in the league.  Your assertion that Varitek was pitiful compared to Ferrell simply because of one anecdote from Connie Mack and that the rest of us are not true fans is completely absurd.  Varitek was every bit the catcher Ferrell was.  Their numbers, including defensively, are vitually identical.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigpanther98. Show bigpanther98's posts

[QUOTE]
    Posted by 2004Idiots[/QUOTE]

I think every pack of '86 Topps was mandated to include this Lyons card.  I loved the Sox and still do, but it became this running, frustrating joke that Lyons was in EVERY pack.  I threw it away each time I got it after a while, but I still think I have like 6-8 in my collection.  My favorite, by the way, was the '83 Wade Boggs because that was the first card where I made it my mission in my young life to get my hands on this card. I liked the Fleer cards throughout the mid '80s of Dewey, Rice, and the Oil Can as well.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

Re: Classic Red Sox baseball cards: Your favorite? Celebration 100th anniversary Fenway Park

I think they should invite everyone back that is still alive. What a day that would be.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Classic Red Sox baseball cards: Your favorite? : I think every pack of '86 Topps was mandated to include this Lyons card.  I loved the Sox and still do, but it became this running, frustrating joke that Lyons was in EVERY pack.  I threw it away each time I got it after a while, but I still think I have like 6-8 in my collection.  My favorite, by the way, was the '83 Wade Boggs because that was the first card where I made it my mission in my young life to get my hands on this card. I liked the Fleer cards throughout the mid '80s of Dewey, Rice, and the Oil Can as well.
    Posted by bigpanther98[/QUOTE] the 84' Fleer set and 90' Topps set were probably the most durable card sets i've ever had

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Re: Classic Red Sox baseball cards: Your favorite? Celebration 100th anniversary Fenway Park

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

in a million years, you couldn't tell me that my namesake would be sandwiched between two baseball greats. amazing.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

pinstripe, I'm still laughing. That has to be one of the most hysterically placed cards ever made. *name the person who does not belong*

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In Response to Re: Classic Red Sox baseball cards: Your favorite? Celebration 100th anniversary Fenway Park:
    [QUOTE]pinstripe, I'm still laughing. That has to be one of the most hysterically placed cards ever made. *name the person who does not belong*
    Posted by dannycater[/QUOTE] i bet Mama Cater is saying "who are those two bums on the card with my baby"?..Tongue out

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

It's tantamount to being the third Manning brother, the one who didn't make it in sports due to I think a disability if I recall. Here's Peyton, here's Eli, and here's this guy who is also a son of Archie Manning.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

On back of card reads: It was a Sunday, Bloody Sunday for Curt Schilling, but the courageous Red Sox righ-hander was unbowed. Pitching while wearing a sock blood-stained from where his damaged andle tendon had been sutured, he spun six quality innings in defeating the Cardinals, 6-2, staking Boston to a two games-to-none lead in the World Series. Pitching on guts and painkillers Schilling allowed just one uneared run. Two-RBI games from Jason Varitek, Mark Bellhorn and Orlando Cabrera accounted for the Red Sox scoring.

2005 Topps #352 Curt Schilling WS2 - Boston Red Sox (Postseason Highlights / Oct 24 2004 Fans Get Curt-ain Call) (Baseball Cards)

One of my favorites for .97cents...but priceless...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In Response to Re: Classic Red Sox baseball cards: Your favorite? Celebration 100th anniversary Fenway Park:
    [QUOTE]On back of card reads: It was a Sunday, Bloody Sunday for Curt Schilling, but the courageous Red Sox righ-hander was unbowed. Pitching while wearing a sock blood-stained from where his damaged andle tendon had been sutured, he spun six quality innings in defeating the Cardinals, 6-2, staking Boston to a two games-to-none lead in the World Series. Pitching on guts and painkillers Schilling allowed just one uneared run. Two-RBI games from Jason Varitek, Mark Bellhorn and Orlando Cabrera accounted for the Red Sox scoring. One of my favorites for .97cents...but priceless...
    Posted by beavis[/QUOTE]

ketchup

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from FLACFAN. Show FLACFAN's posts

[QUOTE]
    Posted by 2004Idiots[/QUOTE]

Nice BB cards.  Some stir some old sentimental feelings.  I still have some late 50s cards.  I wonder if anyone on the board can recommend how I can determine the real value and find a reputable buyer.  I live in the Tampa area.
    Thanks!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

The big three that year:

Nomar .323 35 Hr 122 rbi
    ARoid  .310 42 Hr 124 rbi
    Jeter   .324 19 Hr  84 rbi

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TBINFL. Show TBINFL's posts

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from lowelll. Show lowelll's posts

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TBINFL. Show TBINFL's posts

[QUOTE]
    Posted by lowelll[/QUOTE]

Hey pike, was your kimsaysthis outfit in the wash last night so you decided to give "her" the night off?

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from lowelll. Show lowelll's posts

25. This post has been removed.