Classiest Poster on BDC

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from betterredthandead. Show betterredthandead's posts

Re: Classiest Poster on BDC

Though few have the intestinal fortitude to admit it, Softlaw is not suprisingly more popular than his advocates of censorship.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

In Response to Re: Classiest Poster on BDC:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Classiest Poster on BDC : Nope, I looked, couldn't find it. So you're calling me a liar. That's fine also, anyone can pour over my hundreds of posts and try and find anything I fabricated...it doesn't exist. Oh, right, this was the ONE time...even though I've stood up and and admitted being wrong plenty of times. Yeah, that makes sense. So, if you want to hold that over my head, go ahead. I know what I heard, and Francona backed up everything I said. Sorry if you can't deal with that, certainly painted you all as the j a c k a s s e s you tend to be. So go ahead, call me a liar if that's what makes you feel better about yourself.
    Posted by ma6dragon9[/QUOTE]
    Ma6dragon9, I never called you a liar, either then or now. I, and others, simply asked for a link because your claim was pretty far-fetched. If true, it should have been easy to find in either the Globe or Herald. But you became defensive then, much like now.

I never thought you were lying ... I believe you misheard it. But as for the name-calling, I notice you called me a word you had to space out so you could get it past the censors.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Classiest Poster on BDC : And averaging 10 posts a day for 2 straight years...that's sad. But aside from that, I expect more from someone who practically pays rent to BDC for being on here so much. 10 posts, every day, for 2 years. Wow, get another hobby.

Hey, I have to do something to kill time at work.

Seriously, though, I make no apologies. I enjoy conversing with folks who share similar interests, namely the Red Sox and rock and roll.

I guess I could repeatedly get banned and create new accounts so it doesn't look like I post so much, but I choose the honest route.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

Here's where we differ:

To me, it's common baseball knowledge that the player has the final say in coming back up from a rehab assignment. The team can pressure them, ask, insist, but by and large, it comes down to the player's willingness. What Francona said wasn't anything that should have created many waves, best as I can remember, it was something like: "Ells will let us know when he's ready to come back up. He knows how much we need him." That's all. Nothing earth shattering, just a simple statement that he had the final say, which, again, is pretty standard across the league with established major leaguers. Other players refuse to go on assignments, and though the team could technically force them...forcing a player to do anything in a union as strong as the MLBPA is never a good idea (can you imagine the circus Boras would have created if the Sox called up Ells against his wishes? Not worth it)...so, they waited for him to let them know. That's all I was saying then, and I was basically met with a group if guffawing morons. I admit, I tend to get defensive at times, more so than most, just the way I am, I defend my statements vehemently at times. I often don't say anything unless I know what I'm talking about, and to be met with such ridicule was, well, basically infuriating. I was being painted as the ignoramus when I KNEW what I was saying to be true. Should it infuriate me? Probably not, but none of us are perfect.

Your one line statement/question of me never providing the link I took as another shot across the bow. I still tend to think it was, rather than an innocent inquiry. I could be wrong.

As far as the name calling...you got me there. I took the low road, but I stand by my statement and assessment of everyone's behavior at that time. Harsh words to some I suppose, but a spade is a spade.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

Oh, and this radio interview with the Big Zero happened within days of Youk's much, MUCH stronger words, which got a ton of attention.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from promise4you. Show promise4you's posts

To the Lizard, no one makes you read or respond! I personally find your comments insensitive and derogative, but your entitled to your opinion. Don't like it don't read, i personally find you on the same level as softy, but that's my opinion! Now stay off my my threads before your made to be extinct!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from promise4you. Show promise4you's posts

BTW Yaz is showing his class by not chastising the lizard! Amazing how life works out.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

no, i'm Spartacus

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rsinsider. Show rsinsider's posts

Carnie gets my vote!!!!!!!!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

[QUOTE]Here's where we differ: To me, it's common baseball knowledge that the player has the final say in coming back up from a rehab assignment. The team can pressure them, ask, insist, but by and large, it comes down to the player's willingness. What Francona said wasn't anything that should have created many waves, best as I can remember, it was something like: "Ells will let us know when he's ready to come back up. He knows how much we need him." That's all. Nothing earth shattering, just a simple statement that he had the final say, which, again, is pretty standard across the league with established major leaguers. Other players refuse to go on assignments, and though the team could technically force them...forcing a player to do anything in a union as strong as the MLBPA is never a good idea (can you imagine the circus Boras would have created if the Sox called up Ells against his wishes? Not worth it)...so, they waited for him to let them know. That's all I was saying then, and I was basically met with a group if guffawing morons. I admit, I tend to get defensive at times, more so than most, just the way I am, I defend my statements vehemently at times. I often don't say anything unless I know what I'm talking about, and to be met with such ridicule was, well, basically infuriating. I was being painted as the ignoramus when I KNEW what I was saying to be true. Should it infuriate me? Probably not, but none of us are perfect. Your one line statement/question of me never providing the link I took as another shot across the bow. I still tend to think it was, rather than an innocent inquiry. I could be wrong. As far as the name calling...you got me there. I took the low road, but I stand by my statement and assessment of everyone's behavior at that time. Harsh words to some I suppose, but a spade is a spade.

I don't want to rehash a year-old debate other than to say I never said you were making anything up. My contention all along was that you misinterpreted Francona's comment. But again, water under the bridge.

If you were hurt by being called a liar and an ignoramus, I understand. But please remember that not everyone who disagreed with you resorted to that.

Peace.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from rsinsider. Show rsinsider's posts

And LD too............

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

First: 5/30/2008
    Last: 6/19/2011
    Daffy Dan ...  you're both funny and astute!!   Sindarin - too, too true.
    Posted by SinceYaz

I'll take funny...

Don't know how I feel about being an ass-toot though...

Hmmm, best advice there comes from my brilliant younger son.  "Don't get caught in an elevator with someone after they had  a bean centered meal."

Can you imagine how quickly we would be free from our dependence on foreign oil if we could somehow USE all that extra ... ass-toot???

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]DaffyDan Posts: 973 First: 5/30/2008 Last: 6/19/2011 In Response to www.boston.com/community/forums.html?plckForumPage=ForumDiscussion&plckDiscussionId=Cat%3aSportsForum%3a81df60f3-70ee-4ca3-9336-8cf2c0a8301aDiscussion%3a1239d1fa-0030-4819-a892-1ddecb823604&plckFindPostKey=Cat:SportsForum:81df60f3-70ee-4ca3-9336-8cf2c0a8301aDiscussion:1239d1fa-0030-4819-a892-1ddecb823604Post:99365ffb-14e8-49a1-b0c1-8497f069d1cf " /> Re: Classiest Poster on BDC : Daffy Dan ...  you're both funny and astute!!   Sindarin - too, too true. Posted by SinceYaz I'll take funny... Don't know how I feel about being an ass-toot though...    Hmmm, best advice there comes from my brilliant younger son.  "Don't get caught in an elevator with someone after they had  a bean centered meal."     Can you imagine how quickly we would be free from our dependence on foreign oil if we could somehow USE all that extra ... ass-toot???
    Posted by SinceYaz[/QUOTE]

I've used that joke before on my family, and it didn't go well.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

Are you saying it stunk?

:o)

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]Are you saying it stunk? :o)
    Posted by SinceYaz[/QUOTE]

I didn't think so, but then again, I post here, and that's not exactly a ringing endorsement.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Classiest Poster on BDC : Agreed. It's the same group every time, I think this is the third such thread this year I've seen. I guess being a mindless supporter is better to some than actually having an original thought. I thought they created the private group for everyone to hold hands and sings campfire songs. I'm on my island about Yoshimi, and most of the people listed had a good ol time calling me a fool when I said it was up to Ells when he was recalled from AAA last year. Oh, and don't think any admitted how wrong they were when Francona said the same thing on the radio, I was told to produce a link to the audio, or go away. Real classy.

I think I met you on the "most popular" thread. :) You took a brave stand against the reigning authority here, and I think I complimented you on it. It was impressive. You don't see that much around here. These threads never made any sense to me.

And you gotta love that, as usual, a Red Sox fan that doesn't give opinions about the team on the board, and a Yankee fan who insults Sox fans are the top "write ins" by that group. Like I said, keep quiet Sox fans, and go get 'em Yankee fans. lol

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Classiest Poster on BDC : Kim, if you think it is ridiculous, then why did you post on the thread? There is a point to this thread and this poll. Let me help you out! If you did not notice, Jete was the first name on the list, he is obviously a Yankee fan, then there is SY, obviously a diehard Red Sox fan! Then there are those who do nothing but come here to irritate people, then the stats people, then a couple of good natured guys who just like to post and steer clear of controversy. I did miss having Yoshi on the pole, my apologies to those who were offended. But alas, at the end of the day I missed many and many people let me know that and im quite ok with them letting me know! The pole was meant to show that we all like different people here and have different opinions of them and the way they post and I think it has done that. Guess everyone is needed at the end of the day to make this an interesting outlet for our baseball thoughts! But I have to admit, that over size lizard gives me the chills!
    Posted by promise4you[/QUOTE]

No disrespect intended, promise. I would have said the same thing no matter who started the thread. I'm just not a fan of these types of threads. It just makes people feel bad, or worse, insignificant since it's just the same people voting for the same people no matter the title. You could probably just start a "favorite poster" thread, and cover all the "most popular", "most respected", "classiest", "best hair", "best dressed", ect. 

FWIW, I was "voted" prettiest girl in my class in high school (actually tied with my best friend, and won in a tie-breaker lol), I didn't "vote", and, when I won, I asked the principal to remove me from the "voting". My request was denied, if you can believe it. I couldn't. And my class knew this before the tie-breaker, which was hilarious and annoying at the same time. They obviously had two "winners" just pick the other one. What's so hard about that? And what are the odds of a tie anyway? I've never heard of it even since then. I sometimes wonder if they did it just because I complained. lol

Anyway, like I said, it had nothing to do with you, and more to do with the subject, which maybe I should have said. Btw, can't believe you weren't nominated as you could have wrote a completely different post to me. JMO

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

I am returning on this one to enter the fray. The classiest poster here is easily Yoshimi. She is a diehard, intelligent Sox fan who has the grace to walk away from the silliness, but when pushed too hard, her samurai sword is deadly. Jete2 has to be the kindest words for all. He is what is best in man. Moon articulates his mind very well here and should be respected by all. The Lizard King has that perfect dry sense of humor which is perfect in this setting. Beni gives this sight its spoiled child innocense and arrogance all at the same time. And as Kim S.T. stated - she was once a beauty queen and I am sure she remains a beauty queen and will staunchly defend those she feels cannot defend themselves.

As for my friends here, I thank you for your kind words. I am humbled.

But in the end, it is the community of people that make this the best baseball forum out there. Remember, it is never about the one, it is always about the population.  So for all you fathers, please accept my expression to you this fathers day. My papa has been gone 23 years now and I hope it reaches him wherever his eternal peace is. And I also send to all the dads out here on this forum.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vef03k5i8VI

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

[QUOTE]Can we put these type of threads to rest,please? Our society will vote in silly polls or watch American Idol but they don't vote or take time to learn about the candidates where it really counts: on Election Day. Seriously who cares about "classy posters?" We are here to discuss not to win popularity contests. If I wanted to win a popularity contest , I would just agree with all the bandwagon poster/fans who ,most likely, are now bouncing back and forth to the Bruins boards now too.
    Posted by ZILLAGOD[/QUOTE]

Thanks for this common sense post. This is a baseball forum not a miss congeniality contest.

There are way too many threads about posters who are considered to be good or bad. Let's stick to baseball.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

EDT
    www.boston.com/community/persona.html?UID=2a429a5079a6fbebb4a57ae934fef05b&plckUserId=2a429a5079a6fbebb4a57ae934fef05b">
    First: 6/15/2007
    Last: 6/19/2011
    I am returning on this one to enter the fray. The classiest poster here is easily Yoshimi. She is a diehard, intelligent Sox fan who has the grace to walk away from the silliness, but when pushed too hard, her samurai sword is deadly. Jete2 has to be the kindest words for all. He is what is best in man. Moon articulates his mind very well here and should be respected by all. The Lizard King has that perfect dry sense of humor which is perfect in this setting. Beni gives this sight its spoiled child innocense and arrogance all at the same time. And as Kim S.T. stated - she was once a beauty queen and I am sure she remains a beauty queen and will staunchly defend those she feels cannot defend themselves.

As for my friends here, I thank you for your kind words. I am humbled.

But in the end, it is the community of people that make this the best baseball forum out there. Remember, it is never about the one, it is always about the population.  So for all you fathers, please accept my expression to you this fathers day. My papa has been gone 23 years now and I hope it reaches him wherever his eternal peace is. And I also send to all the dads out here on this forum.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vef03k5i8VI">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vef03k5i8VI
    Is there concrete all around, or is it in my head. All the young dudes; carry the news.

Baseball is so easy that even a kid can play.

Hey Jessey,

Good to hear from you again, I hope all is well with you.  I haven't spent much time here recently, life gets in the way ;0)

I went to Nationals Park today with my family to see the O's play the Nats.  What a sad, sad game.  No passion, stupid mental errors, no hustle.  We are so spoiled to have teams like the Yanks and Sox who play well and play with passion.

I'm going to Boston this summer and was able to get tickets to Fenway.  I'm looking forward to spending time in one of my favorite places watching my team play the game the way it's supposed to be played.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

Hope the Nationals do well this season. They haven't had the advantages of Red Sox or the Yankees. I wouldn't mind watching them play...ditto the Royals, Padres, Astros or any other team that I'm sure tries their best and maybe things just don't turn out as well.

I guess the one positive is that the poster isn't a Nationals fan.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Classiest Poster on BDC : Thanks for this common sense post. This is a baseball forum not a miss congeniality contest. There are way too many threads about posters who are considered to be good or bad. Let's stick to baseball.
    Posted by 67redsox[/QUOTE]hey M'lady, you'd get my vote...Tongue out

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Classiest Poster on BDC : Thanks for this common sense post. This is a baseball forum not a miss congeniality contest. There are way too many threads about posters who are considered to be good or bad. Let's stick to baseball.
    Posted by 67redsox[/QUOTE]
    Actually, 67, you've always been a classy poster. But you're right, let's stick to baseball.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from promise4you. Show promise4you's posts

The poll was meant to show that we all like different people here and have different opinions of them and the way they post and I think it has done that. Guess everyone is needed at the end of the day to make this an interesting outlet for our baseball thoughts!
    Sorry to those I offended with another boring thread.

On to the games!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

P4Y, thanks for the nod, but i'd gladly transfer my votes to 5K,Yaz-o, Carnie or Joe B.. 

Sections
Shortcuts