Classless lackey

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TBINFL. Show TBINFL's posts

Classless lackey

Could this guy be more clueless?

Tried to provide the link to the Yahoo article but it won't post because r e t a r d e d is in the link and it's a banned word here. Too bad lackey doesn't have that option with his mouth.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

Re: Classless lackey

gonna sound crazy, but while i do think the players bear some weight, given the known vulturistic nature of the NY and Boston sports medias... i'm siding with Lack on this one...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TBINFL. Show TBINFL's posts

In Response to Re: Classless lackey:
    [QUOTE] gonna sound crazy, but while i do think the players bear some weight, given the known vulturistic nature of the NY and Boston sports medias... i'm siding with Lack on this one...
    Posted by jete02fan[/QUOTE]

I was commenting on his choice of words. Does he think before he speaks?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 111SoxFan111. Show 111SoxFan111's posts

Next TBINFL thread: Pot vs. kettle, who is blacker?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TBINFL. Show TBINFL's posts

[QUOTE]Next TBINFL thread: Pot vs. kettle, who is blacker?
    Posted by 111SoxFan111[/QUOTE]

So you are saying that you condone lackey's poor choice of words?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from small-package. Show small-package's posts

Give it a rest frank wannabe.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

In Response to Classless lackey:
    [QUOTE]Could this guy be more clueless? http://www.thepostgame.com/blog/dish/201203/red-sox-pitcher-blames-boston-media-scandal Tried to provide the link to the Yahoo article but it won't post because r e t a r d e d is in the link and it's a banned word here. Too bad lackey doesn't have that option with his mouth.
    Posted by TBINFL[/QUOTE]

so how come your not mentioning that he openly apologized for using that word and said he wasn't trying to offend anybody.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from lowelll. Show lowelll's posts

Red Sox pitcher John Lackey has apologized for using the word "--------" to describe some of the news media coverage of the Red Sox.

"I apologize for my thoughtless choice of words that appeared in print," Lackey said, according to the Associated Press. "I meant no harm, and I am sorry to all I offended."

When asked a question by Boston Globe columnist Dan Shaughnessy concerning reports of Red Sox pitchers, including Lackey, drinking beer and eating chicken in the clubhouse during games as the Red Sox collapsed in September, Lackey said:

"Guys having a beer after their start has been going on for the last 100 years. This is "--------". It's not like we were sitting up there doing it every night. It's not even close to what people think.''

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Actually, I like him that much better for saying this.

The media is like a guy in a tank, shooting at a little kid with a water pistol.

The kid is completely vulnerable, while the guy in the tank is bulletproof.

David just landed a punch at Goliath. How does it feel to be "the attacked" instead of "the attacker?"

I make a great deal of jokes about this issue, but be assured, It has reduced my respect for the media from "0" to "-100"...(note the MINUS in front of the 100).

It's great to be the guy with a big pile of stones hurling them at the guy with none. But sometimes the guy survives and throws them back....and the bully doesn't like that...what a shame!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RS75. Show RS75's posts

Zillagod, I agree completely with your POV.  People make too much out of even innocent remarks.  Perhaps, the use of the word was inappropriate.  What should Lackey have said?  Mental (as the British do)?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TBINFL. Show TBINFL's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Classless lackey : so how come your not mentioning that he openly apologized for using that word and said he wasn't trying to offend anybody.
    Posted by Hammah29r2[/QUOTE]

A little late. 

I know this is a foreign idea for him, but maybe he should think before speaking.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Classless lackey : So you are saying that you condone lackey's poor choice of words?
    Posted by TBINFL[/QUOTE]

that's all it was babe, a poor choice of words, which we're all guilty of at one time or another. Difference being, it's not reported. Thinking before speaking isn't always as easy as it sounds. He apologized, which is all he or anyone can do. Lighten up. Personally I think he's right. the media did make it worse, but thats part of playing in BIG market, which is why some chose not to.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

personally i have no problem with what lackey said. i am in no way a supporter of lackey at all (i expect no one here is except for the yankee fans) but there is no reason why he should have to tiptoe through the tulips with his choice of words when he said 3 different times that it was pointless to bring up the beer/chicken thing.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

I think LAckeys problems the past 2 years were injury and media. I would like to allow him the chance to pitch once healthy, and have the media leave him alone. I would not be surprised if he is back to his 200 innings, keep the team in the game self. I saw him pitch in Anaheim last year and he was very impressive in an 8-0 win. The Anaheim fans were on him just as bad as the Fenway faithful. I spoke to him after that game, and asked him if the fans gave him any added incentive...and his reply was that he did not even hear them, that his arm simply felt much better than it had in 2 years. Of course, shortly thereafter, his arm did come apart at the tendon, which the Sox knew could happen when they signed him

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Classless lackey : He apologized for his comment and I dont judge people by the words they use but their intent. He was not calling anyone r  e t a r d e d he was calling an idea r e t a r d e d. Big difference
    Posted by thepeskypole6[/QUOTE]

very good point. context is key, sure some people might take offense to that no matter how it was used. thats why he said he was sorry. but seriously, it wasn't that big a deal.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TBINFL. Show TBINFL's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Classless lackey : very good point. context is key, sure some people might take offense to that no matter how it was used. thats why he said he was sorry. but seriously, it wasn't that big a deal.
    Posted by mef429[/QUOTE]

If it's not a big deal then why is it an article on Yahoo sports?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliamsjr. Show hankwilliamsjr's posts

And Moonshemp advocated aquiring AL West prima donna Slackey via giant free agent contract offer.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Classless lackey : If it's not a big deal then why is it an article on Yahoo sports?
    Posted by TBINFL[/QUOTE]

excuse me i should have rephrased that....... its not a big deal to ME. as i mentioned above some people are going to take offense to that word regardless of how it was used. Hence the apology.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TBINFL. Show TBINFL's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Classless lackey : Because media panders to the lowest common denominator to get hits....it worked with you Babe. Yahoo knows their audience
    Posted by thepeskypole6[/QUOTE]

No, it's because most people are offended by it, except for the red flops nation that gives him a pass.

If it was Arod that said it you guys would be up in arms.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from 111SoxFan111. Show 111SoxFan111's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Classless lackey : So you are saying that you condone lackey's poor choice of words?
    Posted by TBINFL[/QUOTE]
    Epic failure of reading comprehension on your part.  It is far better to unintentionally use a word that is hurtful than to intentionally engage in classless behavior.

Lackey came across as genuine in his interview  and, in this instance, ignorant in his choice of words.  You on the other hand, come across as classless on a continuous basis.  You are an embarrassment to all Yankee fans.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Classless lackey : No, it's because most people are offended by it, except for the red flops nation that gives him a pass. If it was Arod that said it you guys would be up in arms.
    Posted by TBINFL[/QUOTE]

no, if it were a-roid he definitely would have said something that was ACTUALLY offensive and have malicious intent.

BTW have you watched lackey pitch??? sox fans are in no way giving him a pass. ever

25. This post has been removed.