CLASSY gesture by the RANGERS!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from CAPITALIST_AVENGER. Show CAPITALIST_AVENGER's posts

CLASSY gesture by the RANGERS!

http://www.foxsportssouthwest.com/04/05/12/Rangers-dedicate-statue-of-fallen-firefi/msn_landingalt.html?blockID=703484&feedID=9916

forget alll those no-hitters or getting 300 wins, this is perhaps the crowning achievement of of nolan ryan's career and life as a MAN! very classy move in every way. that's how you turn a negative into a positive, imagine if washington could take some notes on this stuff. they could have doubled down and blamed the victim and so far, but instead they put themselves in the position of that family. what would you do if that was your dad or family? utimate in empathy.. GOP and democrats could learn something! i'm sure the lawsuit is still pending but everything doesnt have to be confrontational, all or nothing.. must learn to compartmentalize!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TBINFL. Show TBINFL's posts

Re: CLASSY gesture by the RANGERS!

I'm going to the Yanks vs the rangers on 4/23. 

It's the ESPN Monday night game.

I definitely want to check out the ballpark and visit this statue as well.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from vcec. Show vcec's posts

In Response to CLASSY gesture by the RANGERS!:
    [QUOTE]http://www.foxsportssouthwest.com/04/05/12/Rangers-dedicate-y. that's how you turn a negative into a positive, imagine if washington could take some notes on this stuff. they could have doubled down and blamed the victim and so far, but instead they put themselves in the position of that family. what would you do if that was your dad or family? utimate in empathy.. GOP and democrats could learn something! 
    Posted by CAPITALIST_AVENGER[/QUOTE]

there are monuments to democratic and republican stupidty everywhere

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Fantastic

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In Response to Re: CLASSY gesture by the RANGERS!:
    [QUOTE]I'm going to the Yanks vs the rangers on 4/23.  It's the ESPN Monday night game. I definitely want to check out the ballpark and visit this statue as well.
    Posted by TBINFL[/QUOTE]

Are there people who still believe you have a job?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

I think it was a classy gesture. It was, not only a beautiful thing to do for the man, but a beautiful thing to do for his son and his family. I also thought Josh Hamilton was great with his son. It really was an accident, and I think his dad would have wanted it to turn out that way. That is his son's favorite player.

But I don't believe it needed to have politics brought into it. Some people on this site are clearly missing a political forum.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from YOUKILLUS20. Show YOUKILLUS20's posts

Classy gesture does not include your icon does it?? ...ISSUES!!!!!!!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from CAPITALIST_AVENGER. Show CAPITALIST_AVENGER's posts

[QUOTE] Classy gesture does not include your icon does it?? ...ISSUES!!!!!!!!
    Posted by YOUKILLUS20[/QUOTE]r u a volleyPHOBE or discriminatory against orange?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from YOUKILLUS20. Show YOUKILLUS20's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: CLASSY gesture by the RANGERS! : r u a volleyPHOBE or discriminatory against orange?
    Posted by CAPITALIST_AVENGER[/QUOTE]

ROFL! Orange you glad you didn't get banned for that?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TBINFL. Show TBINFL's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: CLASSY gesture by the RANGERS! : Are there people who still believe you have a job?
    Posted by kimsaysthis[/QUOTE]

Who said I have a "job"?

And sorry that your life is so miserable pike that you can't go on vacation.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: CLASSY gesture by the RANGERS! : Who said I have a "job"? And sorry that your life is so miserable pike that you can't go on vacation.
    Posted by TBINFL[/QUOTE]

You did. When the Sox were killing the Yanks in a series and you were asked why you didn't show up on the board, you said you just got a new "office" at work, and left your laptop home the entire series. LMAO

I think you may have even told us about the view from your imaginary "office".

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TBINFL. Show TBINFL's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: CLASSY gesture by the RANGERS! : You did. When the Sox were killing the Yanks in a series and you were asked why you didn't show up on the board, you said you just got a new "office" at work, and left your laptop home the entire series. LMAO I think you may have even told us about the view from your imaginary "office".

Umm...that was a year ago, things change.

Again, sorry that your life is so miserable pike that you can't go on vacation.

But I will post some pictures so you can see what a baseball game looks like.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

I am worried about you TBINFL because I think you did not read the fine print: EUC (Emergency Unemployment Compensation) does actually end after a couple of extensions. You had better grab a job freeloader!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TBINFL. Show TBINFL's posts

[QUOTE]I am worried about you TBINFL because I think you did not read the fine print: EUC (Emergency Unemployment Compensation) does actually end after a couple of extensions. You had better grab a job freeloader!
    Posted by BurritoT[/QUOTE]

I have never collected a day of unemployment in my life.

That's for the obama supporters.

Thanks for playing though.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]I am worried about you TBINFL because I think you did not read the fine print: EUC (Emergency Unemployment Compensation) does actually end after a couple of extensions. You had better grab a job freeloader!

LOL. He really responded to that right away. What does he do watch the board day and night?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: CLASSY gesture by the RANGERS! : Umm...that was a year ago, things change. Again, sorry that your life is so miserable pike that you can't go on vacation. But I will post some pictures so you can see what a baseball game looks like.
    Posted by TBINFL[/QUOTE]

Who posts constant pics of themselves for posters on a rival team's board? Do you think this board is your personal reality TV show? Why don't you just send the pics to your friends like a normal person would?

You always have pics like I've been here, or I'm going there, yet your whole life is still THIS BOARD. Something doesn't add up.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TBINFL. Show TBINFL's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: CLASSY gesture by the RANGERS! : Who posts constant pics of themselves for posters on a rival team's board? Do you think this board is your personal reality TV show? Why don't you just send the pics to your friends like a normal person would? You always have pics like I've been here, or I'm going there, yet your whole life is still THIS BOARD. Something doesn't add up.

Sorry that I, unlike you pike, enjoy going to baseball games.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: CLASSY gesture by the RANGERS! : Sorry that I, unlike you pike, enjoy going to baseball games.
    Posted by TBINFL[/QUOTE]

...and living my whole life trolling a rival team's forum. There, I finished it for you.

And thanks for including me on your list of favorite posters in your sig line, although I'm the only one you added another name to. I hope that wasn't someone trolling the board immitating me.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TBINFL. Show TBINFL's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: CLASSY gesture by the RANGERS! : ...and living my whole life trolling a rival team's forum. There, I finished it for you. And thanks for including me on your list of favorite posters in your sig line, although I'm the only one you added another name to. I hope that wasn't someone trolling the board immitating me.

Thankfully pike, nobody is insane enough to imitate you.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: CLASSY gesture by the RANGERS! : Thankfully pike, nobody is insane enough to imitate you.
    Posted by TBINFL[/QUOTE]

Well then, still glad to be on your favorite poster list.

Btw, I'd like to give a shout out to the two 17-year-olds on spring break from Michigan who pulled a couple from their burning car in Florida after the car had crashed. If it wasn't for those 17-year-old children, they wouldn't even be alive. That was incredibly brave for those two. 

Now, how could that have happened when you claim the only people on spring break are in their 20's or even 30's? Everyone I know was on spring break starting in high school. Let's face it, you're hanging with kids on spring break, and you're in your 40s with no job and a parrot to get their attention.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

"Now, how could that have happened when you (TBINFL) claim the only people on spring break are in their 20's or even 30's? Everyone I know was on spring break starting in high school. Let's face it, you're hanging with kids on spring break, and you're in your 40s with no job and a parrot to get their attention."  kimsaysthis

ouch !!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TBINFL. Show TBINFL's posts

[QUOTE]"Now, how could that have happened when you ( TBINFL ) claim the only people on spring break are in their 20's or even 30's? Everyone I know was on spring break starting in high school. Let's face it, you're hanging with kids on spring break, and you're in your 40s with no job and a parrot to get their attention ."   kimsaysthis ouch !!

That might bother me if any of it were true.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: CLASSY gesture by the RANGERS! : That might bother me if any of it were true.
    Posted by TBINFL[/QUOTE]

It's absolutely true.

From Huffington Post:

Michigan Teenagers, Cody Decker And Luke Vaughn, Rescue Florida Couple From Flaming Car

It will be a spring break to remember for two 17-year-old heroes from Dewitt, Mich., who saved the lives of two people trapped in a burning car, ABC News reports.

Late week, Cody Decker and Luke Vaughn -- who were vacationing in Palm Coast, Fla. -- watched in horror as a car zoomed past them and crashed into a pair of trees.

According to Flaglerlive.com, Vaugn immediately dialed 911 as Decker raced towards the car to help. A man and woman were badly hurt and trapped inside the crumpled vehicle.

"They were completely incoherent, unconscious almost. The only words they could utter were "Help" and "Get us out"," Vaughn told ClickOnDetroit.com

An audio recording of the 911 call reveals the danger all four individuals were in.

"Oh my God. There's fire," Vaughn told the dispatcher. "The vehicle is engulfing in flames."

Endangering their own lives, the two teenagers worked against the clock to pull Tracy Lopez, 42, and Carlos Adams, 44, to safety. Bending the jammed car doors, they managed to get Lopez out but Adams -- whose burning legs were trapped beneath the dashboard -- remained helplessly in the vehicle, ABC News reports.

"It was all we had just to rip him out and drag his legs out and get him to safety. At that point, the car really just caught fire more and it just kind of burst. The flames just escalated," Vaughn told Flaglerlive.com.

Both Lopez and Adams were treated for critical injuries, but survived.

To honor them for their heroism, County Sheriff Don Fleming presented both teens a Life-Saving Award at a ceremony yesterday.

According to the Daytona Beach News-Journal, tearful relatives of Lopez and Adams were at the ceremony to express their gratitude.

"They were sent from God to save Tracy and Carlos," said Emma Adams, Carlos' mother.

"If it wasn't for them, we'd be attending two funerals right now instead," added Tracy's daughter, Jessica Lopez, 18.

Vaughn and Decker said that they just did what they had to do.

"We're two ordinary guys just helping people out," Decker told ClickOnDetroit.com.

To listen to the Luke Vaughn's 911 call, listen to the audio clip from Flaglerlive.com

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TBINFL. Show TBINFL's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: CLASSY gesture by the RANGERS! : It's absolutely true. From Huffington Post: Michigan Teenagers, Cody Decker And Luke Vaughn, Rescue Florida Couple From Flaming Car It will be a spring break to remember for two 17-year-old heroes from Dewitt, Mich., who saved the lives of two people trapped in a burning car, ABC News reports. Late week, Cody Decker and Luke Vaughn -- who were vacationing in Palm Coast, Fla. -- watched in horror as a car zoomed past them and crashed into a pair of trees. According to Flaglerlive.com, Vaugn immediately dialed 911 as Decker raced towards the car to help. A man and woman were badly hurt and trapped inside the crumpled vehicle. "They were completely incoherent, unconscious almost. The only words they could utter were "Help" and "Get us out"," Vaughn told ClickOnDetroit.com An audio recording of the 911 call reveals the danger all four individuals were in. "Oh my God. There's fire," Vaughn told the dispatcher. "The vehicle is engulfing in flames." Endangering their own lives, the two teenagers worked against the clock to pull Tracy Lopez, 42, and Carlos Adams, 44, to safety. Bending the jammed car doors, they managed to get Lopez out but Adams -- whose burning legs were trapped beneath the dashboard -- remained helplessly in the vehicle, ABC News reports. "It was all we had just to rip him out and drag his legs out and get him to safety. At that point, the car really just caught fire more and it just kind of burst. The flames just escalated," Vaughn told Flaglerlive.com. Both Lopez and Adams were treated for critical injuries, but survived. To honor them for their heroism, County Sheriff Don Fleming presented both teens a Life-Saving Award at a ceremony yesterday. According to the Daytona Beach News-Journal, tearful relatives of Lopez and Adams were at the ceremony to express their gratitude. "They were sent from God to save Tracy and Carlos," said Emma Adams, Carlos' mother. "If it wasn't for them, we'd be attending two funerals right now instead," added Tracy's daughter, Jessica Lopez, 18. Vaughn and Decker said that they just did what they had to do. "We're two ordinary guys just helping people out," Decker told ClickOnDetroit.com. To listen to the Luke Vaughn's 911 call, listen to the audio clip from Flaglerlive.com

How am I not suprised that you missed the point completely.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

You're the one missing the point.

FTR as a Sox fan who loves the Sox, if we had to lose I'm just hoping these two boys are Tigers fans and they enjoyed the Tiger series. What an amazing thing they did when they could have all gone up if that car exploded.

Sections
Shortcuts