Clay Buchholtz Lovers - STAND UP AND BE COUNTED

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Re: Clay Buchholtz Lovers - STAND UP AND BE COUNTED

In response to andrewmitch's comment:

your factoids are fairly meaningless but I'll be happy to put you down for on the "BUCK IS GREAT" list

meanwhile, you comparing Buck to Ortiz is well, well let's just say I'll be happy to gloss over that for your benefit

"He is a dominant starting pitcher when he is healthy, the bigger question is whether he can stay healthy."

^ That was my first post in this thread, pretty succinct isn't it.  And yes those "factoids" as you call them are still facts by any other name.  I guess if I wailed and cried that this (lost) season is in trouble because Buck is our starting pitcher and I suggested he sucks we'd be best friends.

I'll put you down on my "whining nancies" list and move on.  Again if and when the team signs Lester next season you'll have the same team with better pitching and hitting, but you'll still bemoan the fact we has to trade Lester to make it happen. The sooner you come to grips with the FACT that we weren't winning a World Series this year the better off you'll be.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:

your factoids are fairly meaningless but I'll be happy to put you down for on the "BUCK IS GREAT" list

meanwhile, you comparing Buck to Ortiz is well, well let's just say I'll be happy to gloss over that for your benefit

"He is a dominant starting pitcher when he is healthy, the bigger question is whether he can stay healthy."

^ That was my first post in this thread, pretty succinct isn't it.  And yes those "factoids" as you call them are still facts by any other name.  I guess if I wailed and cried that this (lost) season is in trouble because Buck is our starting pitcher and I suggested he sucks we'd be best friends.

I'll put you down on my "whining nancies" list and move on.  Again if and when the team signs Lester next season you'll have the same team with better pitching and hitting, but you'll still bemoan the fact we has to trade Lester to make it happen. The sooner you come to grips with the FACT that we weren't winning a World Series this year the better off you'll be.

let's address your first paragraph first, shall we?

again, here is your quote:

Now, since he came back from the DL, HEALTHY, he has pitched 46 2/3 innings and has allowed 24 Earned Runs.  That's an ERA of 4.62.  So my first question for you would be "do you consider a 4.62 to be reflective of a "dominant starting pitcher" ?  Keeping in mind for his last 3 starts he's gone 17 IP w/ 15 ERs which is an ERA of 8 (EIGHT)........

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Now, since he came back from the DL, HEALTHY, he has pitched 46 2/3 innings and has allowed 24 Earned Runs.  That's an ERA of 4.62.  So my first question for you would be "do you consider a 4.62 to be reflective of a "dominant starting pitcher" ?  Keeping in mind for his last 3 starts he's gone 17 IP w/ 15 ERs which is an ERA of 8 (EIGHT)........

Are Darrelle Revis, Rajon Rondo or any athlete coming off the injured list as good as they were the day before they got hurt?

Is baseball peaks and valleys or is everything black and white in your simplistic world?

I don't have to cherry pick and dance around facts like you do because the truth is on my side.

If the Red Sox stood pat, seemingly your only suggestion, and did nothing we not only would be throwing in the towel on this season (reality) but it's likely Lester would walk next year anyway and we'd be bringing back the same cruddy team dooming ourselves in 2015.

These trades were good moves, that's why they get paid to do what they do and you don't.  Emotion has no place in big business now does it.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Are Darrelle Revis, Rajon Rondo or any athlete coming off the injured list as good as they were the day before they got hurt?

Is baseball peaks and valleys or is everything black and white in your simplistic world?

I don't have to cherry pick and dance around facts like you do because the truth is on my side.

If the Red Sox stood pat, seemingly your only suggestion, and did nothing we not only would be throwing in the towel on this season (reality) but it's likely Lester would walk next year anyway and we'd be bringing back the same cruddy team dooming ourselves in 2015.

These trades were good moves, that's why they get paid to do what they do and you don't.  Emotion has no place in big business now does it.

simple question and you go on talking about non-sense

Buck is HEALTHY NOW..  He's been back for 7 starts. You said when he pitches he's dominant, right?  So easy question, do you consider a era of 8 to be dominant?  What about an ERA of 4.62?

If you can't answer the specific question directed at you, which I know you can't, then don't bother answering.   I mean, you made the statement and now I gave you several chances to support the statement and what do you do?  Ramble on about nothing relevant.

But good for you.  I applaud you for standing up and being counted.  Feel free to join others in your support group who also believe Clay is a "Dominant Starting Pitcher".  Break out sessions begin on Monday morning after he gets whooped by the yankees.  Make your reservations early!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

It's not opinion whether Clay is good, only whether he can stay healthy.  Fact.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

FACT - he's ERA since coming off the DL is 4.62.  (do you see how facts can be measured quantitatively?  just putting something in writing doesn't make it fact.  by the way, feel free to "fact-check" my numbers)

Now.......You believe he's dominant. Therefore, logic dictates that you believe a 4.62 ERA is reflective of a dominant pitcher.  That's your opinion.  Most of the baseball world would completely disagree.  However, in this room, you are among friends.  You are among friends.  Talk with your friends because honestly, your responses here are barely coherent and I'm afraid I am going to say something rude to you and I want you be in a safe place.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

FACT - he's ERA since coming off the DL is 4.62.  (do you see how facts can be measured quantitatively?  just putting something in writing doesn't make it fact.  by the way, feel free to "fact-check" my numbers)

Now.......You believe he's dominant. Therefore, logic dictates that you believe a 4.62 ERA is reflective of a dominant pitcher.  That's your opinion.  Most of the baseball world would completely disagree.  However, in this room, you are among friends.  You are among friends.  Talk with your friends because honestly, your responses here are barely coherent and I'm afraid I am going to say something rude to you and I want you be in a safe place.

[object HTMLDivElement]

So, no middle path huh?  We either have to love him and want him as opening day starter, or hate him and want him traded for a bag o balls?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Big, brave andremitch is challenging everyone when Buchholz's ERA is a big, fat 5.87.  So let me ask him this:  were you saying the same thing last May/June when Buchholz's ERA was 1.74?  Or how about 2010 when he had 28 starts and his ERA was 2.33?  No, I thought not.

I agree Buchholz is frustrating for us fans, what with the strange injuries and the inconsistent performance.  But we also know that when he is pitching well, he is very good.  The problem right now is we can't be sure whether that Buchholz is ever going to reappear. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In response to SpacemanEephus' comment:

[object HTMLDivElement]

So, no middle path huh?  We either have to love him and want him as opening day starter, or hate him and want him traded for a bag o balls?

has nothing to do w/ a middle path

statement was made he is "dominant" and said he is "NOT dominant"

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxnewmex. Show soxnewmex's posts

Love Buch, but he needs to see a shrink about his neurotic behavior when men are on base.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In response to maxbialystock's comment:

Big, brave andremitch is challenging everyone when Buchholz's ERA is a big, fat 5.87.  So let me ask him this:  were you saying the same thing last May/June when Buchholz's ERA was 1.74?  Or how about 2010 when he had 28 starts and his ERA was 2.33?  No, I thought not.

I agree Buchholz is frustrating for us fans, what with the strange injuries and the inconsistent performance.  But we also know that when he is pitching well, he is very good.  The problem right now is we can't be sure whether that Buchholz is ever going to reappear. 

Yeah OK.  Let's go back to 2010.  Brilliant.

and his ERA THIS May was 7.40 and in June it was 4.91

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

anyways, this wasn't a thread for debate.  happy to do that elsewhere.

this was just a chance to count all the folks who honestly believe Buck is a pitcher that should be counted on moving forward.   thank you all for showing up so I can complete my list. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[object HTMLDivElement]

[object HTMLDivElement]

So, one or two people got psyched up and called him dominant, and you start this thread?  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

[object HTMLDivElement]

[object HTMLDivElement]

So, one or two people got psyched up and called him dominant, and you start this thread?  

1 or 2?  if only it were that few............

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[object HTMLDivElement]

[object HTMLDivElement]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Rrrriiigght.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

[object HTMLDivElement]

[object HTMLDivElement]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Rrrriiigght.

really?  you're on the game threads and these boards.  any time Buck has a clean inning the "Clay is back to an ACE" chants become rampant........

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonBruinss. Show BostonBruinss's posts

We are royally screwed

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

You're so disingenuous and FOS it's coming out of your ears.  How does my saying that when Clay is healthy and well adjusted he is dominant equate to me saying he is dominant right now?

Lester has had three seasons with an above 4 ERA, so he sucks also.  Matt Schezer has had two above 4 in his short career so he sucks, Roger Clemens had six seasons above 4 so he blows, I guess Clay had better load up on HGH so he can catch up, Greg Maddux had 7 seasons with an above 4 ERA... Shall I go on or can we wait to see Clay's full body of work before we rush to judgment?

His career ERA is 3.86, he's been to two All Star games, he's led the entire league in ERA, pitched a no hitter, I wonder how thats possible when he sucks so bad?

The only thing that sucks around here is the fortitude of some Red Sox fan's spines and your sense of entitlement.  

My responses to you have been coherent and logical, just because you don't understand doesn't make it any less true.  

So feel free to explain how an All Star pitcher can also be "not dominant," tell us how someone can be good and bad at the same time?  

Just because Clay has struggled, along with the rest of the team outside of Lester (who happens to be in a contract year) doesn't mean he can't return to the dominant pitcher he was when he was going to All Star games.  

But since you can see into the future please let me know who's going to win the Series this year, I need to call Vegas?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

PS.  Ranaudo looks pretty darn good tonight, check for skid marks after the game is over, maybe we'll organize a mass suicide off the Tobin if his ERA climbs above the even 2 he has now after six innings... I mean his career will be over right?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

You're so disingenuous and FOS it's coming out of your ears.  How does my saying that when Clay is healthy and well adjusted he is dominant equate to me saying he is dominant right now?

Lester has had three seasons with an above 4 ERA, so he sucks also.  Matt Schezer has had two above 4 in his short career so he sucks, Roger Clemens had six seasons above 4 so he blows, I guess Clay had better load up on HGH so he can catch up, Greg Maddux only had 7 seasons with an above 4 ERA... Shall I go on or can we wait to see Clay's full body of work before we rush to judgment?

His career ERA is 3.86, he's been to two All Star games, he's led the entire league in ERA, pitched a no hitter, I wonder how thats possible when he sucks so bad?

The only thing that sucks around his is the fortitude of some Red Sox fan's spines and your sense of entitlement.  

My responses to you have been coherent and logical, just because you don't understand doesn't make it any less true.  

So feel free to explain how an All Star pitcher can also be "not dominant," tell us how someone can be good and bad at the same time?  

Just because Clay has struggled, along with the rest of the team outside of Lester (who happens to be in a contract year) doesn't mean he can't return to the dominant pitcher he was when he was going to All Star games.  

But since you can see into the future please let me know who's going to win the Series this year, I need to call Vegas?

You said "he is dominant when healthy".  Therefore, logic dictates that since he is CURRENTLY healthy then he must be DOMINATE.

(your posts are riddled with so much erroneous gibberish that i can barely get past your first sentence or 2 which is all i read and all i commented on)

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

PS.  Ranaudo looks pretty darn good tonight, check for skid marks after the game is over, maybe we'll organize a mass suicide off the Tobin if his ERA climbs above the even 2 he has now after six innings... I mean his career will be over right?

this is germane to the topic how? 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

Lester has had three seasons with an above 4 ERA, so he sucks also.  Matt Schezer has had two above 4 in his short career so he sucks, Roger Clemens had six seasons above 4 so he blows, I guess Clay had better load up on HGH so he can catch up, Greg Maddux only had 7 seasons with an above 4 ERA... Shall I go on or can we wait to see Clay's full body of work before we rush to judgment?

The only thing that sucks around his is the fortitude of some Red Sox fan's spines and your sense of entitlement.  

Excellent post.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

You said "he is dominant when healthy". Therefore, logic dictates that since he is CURRENTLY healthy then he must be DOMINATE.

(your posts are riddled with so much erroneous gibberish that i can barely get past your first sentence or 2 which is all i read and all i commented on)

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from illinoisredsox. Show illinoisredsox's posts

Folks, he's not worth arguing with.  He never admits he's wrong and he has to have at least 2 players on the Sox he has to dislike intensely to the point of irrationality.  I note a thread he started called Shane Injurino and although I didn't bother to read it, I'm surmising that Vic is the next whipping boy.

Wozzy summed him up perfectly in the first sentence above.

Sections
Shortcuts