Clay Buchholtz Lovers - STAND UP AND BE COUNTED

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

Re: Clay Buchholtz Lovers - STAND UP AND BE COUNTED

In response to pcmIV's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to andrewmitch's comment:

[QUOTE]

I'll make a note of your position.  More than happy to review this w/ you in June of 2015.

[/QUOTE]

Noting it on your hard drive?  Softy a role model of yours?  LMAO.

[/QUOTE]

This thread is softy-esque.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

he's been healthy for his last several starts.  has he been dominant?

[/QUOTE]

Is Clay, a two time All Star, the first pitcher that has struggled for a stretch of games or is this just something typical in baseball for a player who recently came off the injury list?

By this rational Papi is no good because he struggled at the plate to start the season two years back, we should have cut him outright or sent him down to the minors huh?

[/QUOTE]

I'm sorry, are you comparing Buck to Ortiz?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In response to bugmenot2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Why the debate here? We all agree that Buch is pitching very poorly and hope that he turns it around. Where's the beef?

[/QUOTE]

There are many among us who think Buck is actually pitching like an Ace again.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

he has SOME trade value this off-season

[/QUOTE]

I just don't think teams would have been lining up this past winter to trade for a guy that has never thrown 200 innings and was turning 30 years old.  Whatever the Sox missed out on from not trading him is really not a big deal.

[/QUOTE]

according to some people on the board, not throwing 200 IP - EVERY IN A 7 YEAR CAREER - is not a big deal at all.

anyways, it's not so much what we could had gotten for him but more about not having to deal with his customary 1 earn run per inning pitched.....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Sorry but has Buck not made two All Star teams, pitched a no hitter, led the entire league in ERA and won a World Series ring?

But great deflection though, you avoided those pesky facts masterfully.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Sorry but has Buck not made two All Star teams, pitched a no hitter, led the entire league in ERA and won a World Series ring?

But great deflection though, you avoided those pesky facts masterfully.

[/QUOTE]

your factoids are fairly meaningless but I'll be happy to put you down for on the "BUCK IS GREAT" list

meanwhile, you comparing Buck to Ortiz is well, well let's just say I'll be happy to gloss over that for your benefit

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

[QUOTE]

your factoids are fairly meaningless but I'll be happy to put you down for on the "BUCK IS GREAT" list

meanwhile, you comparing Buck to Ortiz is well, well let's just say I'll be happy to gloss over that for your benefit

[/QUOTE]

"He is a dominant starting pitcher when he is healthy, the bigger question is whether he can stay healthy."

^ That was my first post in this thread, pretty succinct isn't it.  And yes those "factoids" as you call them are still facts by any other name.  I guess if I wailed and cried that this (lost) season is in trouble because Buck is our starting pitcher and I suggested he sucks we'd be best friends.

I'll put you down on my "whining nancies" list and move on.  Again if and when the team signs Lester next season you'll have the same team with better pitching and hitting, but you'll still bemoan the fact we has to trade Lester to make it happen. The sooner you come to grips with the FACT that we weren't winning a World Series this year the better off you'll be.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

"He is a dominant starting pitcher when he is healthy, the bigger question is whether he can stay healthy."

^ That was my first post in this thread, pretty succinct isn't it.  And yes those "factoids" as you call them are still facts by any other name.  I guess if I wailed and cried that this (lost) season is in trouble because Buck is our starting pitcher and I suggested he sucks we'd be best friends.

I'll put you down on my "whining nancies" list and move on.  Again if and when the team signs Lester next season you'll have the same team with better pitching and hitting, but you'll still bemoan the fact we has to trade Lester to make it happen. The sooner you come to grips with the FACT that we weren't winning a World Series this year the better off you'll be.

[/QUOTE]

let's address your first paragraph first, shall we?

again, here is your quote:

Now, since he came back from the DL, HEALTHY, he has pitched 46 2/3 innings and has allowed 24 Earned Runs.  That's an ERA of 4.62.  So my first question for you would be "do you consider a 4.62 to be reflective of a "dominant starting pitcher" ?  Keeping in mind for his last 3 starts he's gone 17 IP w/ 15 ERs which is an ERA of 8 (EIGHT)........

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Now, since he came back from the DL, HEALTHY, he has pitched 46 2/3 innings and has allowed 24 Earned Runs.  That's an ERA of 4.62.  So my first question for you would be "do you consider a 4.62 to be reflective of a "dominant starting pitcher" ?  Keeping in mind for his last 3 starts he's gone 17 IP w/ 15 ERs which is an ERA of 8 (EIGHT)........

[/QUOTE]

Are Darrelle Revis, Rajon Rondo or any athlete coming off the injured list as good as they were the day before they got hurt?

Is baseball peaks and valleys or is everything black and white in your simplistic world?

I don't have to cherry pick and dance around facts like you do because the truth is on my side.

If the Red Sox stood pat, seemingly your only suggestion, and did nothing we not only would be throwing in the towel on this season (reality) but it's likely Lester would walk next year anyway and we'd be bringing back the same cruddy team dooming ourselves in 2015.

These trades were good moves, that's why they get paid to do what they do and you don't.  Emotion has no place in big business now does it.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Are Darrelle Revis, Rajon Rondo or any athlete coming off the injured list as good as they were the day before they got hurt?

Is baseball peaks and valleys or is everything black and white in your simplistic world?

I don't have to cherry pick and dance around facts like you do because the truth is on my side.

If the Red Sox stood pat, seemingly your only suggestion, and did nothing we not only would be throwing in the towel on this season (reality) but it's likely Lester would walk next year anyway and we'd be bringing back the same cruddy team dooming ourselves in 2015.

These trades were good moves, that's why they get paid to do what they do and you don't.  Emotion has no place in big business now does it.

[/QUOTE]

simple question and you go on talking about non-sense

Buck is HEALTHY NOW..  He's been back for 7 starts. You said when he pitches he's dominant, right?  So easy question, do you consider a era of 8 to be dominant?  What about an ERA of 4.62?

If you can't answer the specific question directed at you, which I know you can't, then don't bother answering.   I mean, you made the statement and now I gave you several chances to support the statement and what do you do?  Ramble on about nothing relevant.

But good for you.  I applaud you for standing up and being counted.  Feel free to join others in your support group who also believe Clay is a "Dominant Starting Pitcher".  Break out sessions begin on Monday morning after he gets whooped by the yankees.  Make your reservations early!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

It's not opinion whether Clay is good, only whether he can stay healthy.  Fact.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

FACT - he's ERA since coming off the DL is 4.62.  (do you see how facts can be measured quantitatively?  just putting something in writing doesn't make it fact.  by the way, feel free to "fact-check" my numbers)

Now.......You believe he's dominant. Therefore, logic dictates that you believe a 4.62 ERA is reflective of a dominant pitcher.  That's your opinion.  Most of the baseball world would completely disagree.  However, in this room, you are among friends.  You are among friends.  Talk with your friends because honestly, your responses here are barely coherent and I'm afraid I am going to say something rude to you and I want you be in a safe place.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

FACT - he's ERA since coming off the DL is 4.62.  (do you see how facts can be measured quantitatively?  just putting something in writing doesn't make it fact.  by the way, feel free to "fact-check" my numbers)

Now.......You believe he's dominant. Therefore, logic dictates that you believe a 4.62 ERA is reflective of a dominant pitcher.  That's your opinion.  Most of the baseball world would completely disagree.  However, in this room, you are among friends.  You are among friends.  Talk with your friends because honestly, your responses here are barely coherent and I'm afraid I am going to say something rude to you and I want you be in a safe place.

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

So, no middle path huh?  We either have to love him and want him as opening day starter, or hate him and want him traded for a bag o balls?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Big, brave andremitch is challenging everyone when Buchholz's ERA is a big, fat 5.87.  So let me ask him this:  were you saying the same thing last May/June when Buchholz's ERA was 1.74?  Or how about 2010 when he had 28 starts and his ERA was 2.33?  No, I thought not.

I agree Buchholz is frustrating for us fans, what with the strange injuries and the inconsistent performance.  But we also know that when he is pitching well, he is very good.  The problem right now is we can't be sure whether that Buchholz is ever going to reappear. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In response to SpacemanEephus' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

So, no middle path huh?  We either have to love him and want him as opening day starter, or hate him and want him traded for a bag o balls?

[/QUOTE]

has nothing to do w/ a middle path

statement was made he is "dominant" and said he is "NOT dominant"

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxnewmex. Show soxnewmex's posts

Love Buch, but he needs to see a shrink about his neurotic behavior when men are on base.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In response to maxbialystock's comment:

Big, brave andremitch is challenging everyone when Buchholz's ERA is a big, fat 5.87.  So let me ask him this:  were you saying the same thing last May/June when Buchholz's ERA was 1.74?  Or how about 2010 when he had 28 starts and his ERA was 2.33?  No, I thought not.

I agree Buchholz is frustrating for us fans, what with the strange injuries and the inconsistent performance.  But we also know that when he is pitching well, he is very good.  The problem right now is we can't be sure whether that Buchholz is ever going to reappear. 

Yeah OK.  Let's go back to 2010.  Brilliant.

and his ERA THIS May was 7.40 and in June it was 4.91

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

anyways, this wasn't a thread for debate.  happy to do that elsewhere.

this was just a chance to count all the folks who honestly believe Buck is a pitcher that should be counted on moving forward.   thank you all for showing up so I can complete my list. 

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

So, one or two people got psyched up and called him dominant, and you start this thread?  

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

So, one or two people got psyched up and called him dominant, and you start this thread?  

[/QUOTE]

1 or 2?  if only it were that few............

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Rrrriiigght.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Rrrriiigght.

[/QUOTE]

really?  you're on the game threads and these boards.  any time Buck has a clean inning the "Clay is back to an ACE" chants become rampant........