Clay Buchholtz Lovers - STAND UP AND BE COUNTED

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Re: Clay Buchholtz Lovers - STAND UP AND BE COUNTED

Hello, my name is Mitchell, and I enjoy starting threads about Sox players that are written in such a public and vitriolic way as to leave me no choice but to actually root for them to fail to save my fragile ego from being bruised and from being ridiculed on the forum if I'm wrong, and so I can gloat later about how right I was about them blowing a Sox game and causing a team loss.

PS...I need the attention, so please keep posting and bumping my threads. Keep those cards and letter coming! Thx. for playing along Exam, you're the best!

Hey, no prob Mitch, it was my pleasure.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to illinoisredsox's comment:

Folks, he's not worth arguing with.  He never admits he's wrong and he has to have at least 2 players on the Sox he has to dislike intensely to the point of irrationality.  I note a thread he started called Shane Injurino and although I didn't bother to read it, I'm surmising that Vic is the next whipping boy.

Wozzy summed him up perfectly in the first sentence above.

[object HTMLDivElement]

True, but what you CAN do is openly ridicule and make fun of him just for kicks, then totally ignore all his responses to those barbs. His vulnerability is that he takes himself so seriously, and most of the rest of us don't take him seriously at all. One time a couple years back I got into an extended discussion with him, then went back and deleted all my posts, which made it look like he posted about 20 times in a row arguing with himself. Funny stuff. He lost all credibility with me when he posted that people argue with him on here because they are all jealous of him. Ok, yeah, now we're so far out of touch with reality that logic is long gone. Can't fix that, all you can do is tell funny jokes about it. He's become a weird amalgam between Pike, Bob Costas, and Saddame Hussien and Steven Hawking. How the mighty have fallen.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In response to TheExaminer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Hello, my name is Mitchell, and I enjoy starting threads about Sox players that are written in such a public and vitriolic way as to leave me no choice but to actually root for them to fail to save my fragile ego from being bruised and from being ridiculed on the forum if I'm wrong, and so I can gloat later about how right I was about them blowing a Sox game and causing a team loss.

PS...I need the attention, so please keep posting and bumping my threads. Keep those cards and letter coming! Thx. for playing along Exam, you're the best!

Hey, no prob Mitch, it was my pleasure.

[/QUOTE]

So Yay or Nay on you believing in Buck? I'm thinking Yay but I don't want to speak for you.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Clay is currently the team's ace. It's like losing 4 generals in a cannon attack and your new leader is the slow-thinking, deliberate (guys on base, tick, tock, tick, tock) colonel. However, Custer (a more fast thinking guy) was put in that role once and did a pretty damn good job during the Civil War. Andrewmitch can only hope Clay's demise be as horrendous as GAC. I still think Clay's performance, albeit for 16 starts in '13, was about as dominating as it gets. That he has never reached those heights before and after, and that Clay's endurance and mental game are lacking is what amitch hangs his hat on. It's not much of an argument to say he's been shaky and at times not reliable. It's also foolish to say he didn't show signs of greatness last year. In the overall, though, I'm not feeling good if he is the team's ace. And he is for what's left of '14...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Doubront may have been more valuable in the postseason last year and he was tarred and feathered out of town. I got a feeling Felix will be an outstanding SP in the NL despite falling in disfavor with Sox. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

In response to dannycater's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Doubront may have been more valuable in the postseason last year and he was tarred and feathered out of town. I got a feeling Felix will be an outstanding SP in the NL despite falling in disfavor with Sox. 

[/QUOTE]

A bit overstated. You sound like Doubront didn't do anything to fall out of favor. Remember, thesis a guy -- a young player trying to earn a spot in the majors -- showed up in camp two times in three years out of shape, so much so in 2011 that he was forced to the DL. He was supposed to be first up to start that year when one of the other five started went down, but instead, the Sox had to furn to Wakefield because Doubront was out of shape.

He showed flashes of talent and went on that 20-game stretch last year when was fairly dominant and helped carry the staff when Lester went into that funk in late May and early June.

He hit a wall and was skipped then sent to the bullpen late last year and complained. Then this year, he's scked for the most part and IMO might have had a bad attitude when he was sent back to the bullpen.

Maybe he's a guy who needed a change of scenery, but so far, he's been an underachiever.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

well, my point is that Doubront is talented too, and so is Clay, and so was Lackey, and so was Peavy, and so was Lester...:-)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

I like Buchholz.

I also never saw the need for always having a whipping boy on the Sox roster solely based on whether or not my pre-approval was on record prior to acquisition...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

Clay is keepable...its not like he's costing the team a mint and is old and decrepit...he just needs to toughen up - maybe now that he's the veteran of the staff he will assume some leadership role and improve his head and game...

As always - 100% correct!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In response to georom4's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Clay is keepable...its not like he's costing the team a mint and is old and decrepit...he just needs to toughen up - maybe now that he's the veteran of the staff he will assume some leadership role and improve his head and game...

[/QUOTE]

good luck w/ that

and $12 million ain't chump change; especially for a part time pitcher with an ERA of SIX (5.99)

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

In response to andrewmitch's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Clay is making 7.7 million in 2014 - where did you get your salary figure from?

[/QUOTE]

good luck w/ that

and $12 million ain't chump change; especially for a part time pitcher with an ERA of SIX (5.99)

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

PS.  Ranaudo looks pretty darn good tonight, check for skid marks after the game is over, maybe we'll organize a mass suicide off the Tobin if his ERA climbs above the even 2 he has now after six innings... I mean his career will be over right?

[/QUOTE]

LMAO...and I thought Pats fans were gloom and doomers when it came to new talent!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

In response to notin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I like Buchholz.

I also never saw the need for always having a whipping boy on the Sox roster solely based on whether or not my pre-approval was on record prior to acquisition...

[/QUOTE]
    Well we all know that there are the miserable sorts who aren't happy if the percentage of their posts that are negative or bashing a Red sox player or two drops below 95 percent of their posts. The OP is the King of such posters. He has me on ignore, which is perfectly fine with me.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

good luck w/ that

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

[/QUOTE]

$12 million is next year - you are increasing his salary by 35% - He is making 7.7 million this year. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

good luck w/ that

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

[/QUOTE]

$12 million is next year - you are increasing his salary by 35% - He is making 7.7 million this year. 

[/QUOTE]

his salary goes to 12 mil next year; aren't we focusing on 2015? isn't 2014 over other than getting a good look at the kids?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Here's your chance to throw out some ridiculous stat or tell us how he was great in 2010 or something else outrageous whilst this chump continues to give up 1 ER for every IP....but wait, he's great when he's healthy, right? 

OK, here you go.  Stand up and fight for your "Ace!"............

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In response to bugmenot2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

It's still all about Andrewmitch, isn't it. It is not about the Red Sox or Clay. Right.  Report to Yawkey tomorrow to get your Gold Star. Aren't you proud of yourself. I doubt that you are actually a Red sox fan.  You are just another Internet guy who loves to annoy others. 

Clue. You never come to the forum when the Sox are doing well. You only appear when times are bad, shame on you - TROLL.

[/QUOTE]

Let me guess, this is your way of defending your position that Clay is a "dominant starting pitcher"

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

The only team he can dominate is Houston and I could dominate them as well. Anybody thinking PED user?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from chickenandboose. Show chickenandboose's posts

Ever since the pine tar incident he has been bad. Time to cut him and move on.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

good point

his temporary success could had been due to cheating

anyways, let's see if the lovers come out today at all

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

He's still worth keeping at the money he's making. 

However, he is a shining example of WASTED potential. This kid was a stud in college, at every level in the minors, and at the beginning of his career, and again at times throughout. 

But he never put in the work. When he threw the no-hitter, the stories were out there about how the Sox were concerned about him enjoying the night life too much. More recently, there's been stories about how horrible his diet is, consisting of mostly fast food. This year, I believe, he slept in the nap room at Fenway because he couldn't handle an early game coming from HOME! He got shelled, and had a stiff neck for a week.

He is one of the mentally weakest pitchers I have seen in a Sox uniform. His gutting out the WS game last year I thought might be him turning a corner, but I was fooled. Again. His talent is undeniable, I wish he had the intelligence or work ethic of someone who wanted to be great.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

In response to chickenandboose's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Ever since the pine tar incident he has been bad. 

[/QUOTE]

Well that's an incredibly ignorant statement. Buchholz has been mostly bad this year. But last year he was:

6-0, 1.01 ERA before pine tar controversy, 

6-1, 2.26 ERA after pine tar controversy.

Wow, just terrible. Never let facts get in the way of a good one-liner.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Teakus. Show Teakus's posts

Clay is the very worst starting pitcher in all of MLB and should be benched immediately. Letting this nightmare continue is a crime against the Red Sox and Clay himself. What purpose is this serving? Is Ben going to put a stop to the carnage or continue to whistle past the graveyard hoping to be bailed out by an injury? Be a man and bench this wretched excuse for a MLB starting pitcher immediately!  

Teakus-Carpe Veritatem!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

Trade him to the Yankees and he will be their Ace--he will outperform Tanaka.

Must be something in the Boston water--Lester, Lackey and Peavy pitched into the 7 th over the weekend. Miller gets two holds in 2 tries.

Drew will be an AllStar  for the Yankees next season after playing pretty well at 2 B and driving in a half dozen or so runs.

Maybe we just don't know how to get the most out of our players.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

In response to Teakus' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Clay is the very worst starting pitcher in all of MLB and should be benched immediately. Letting this nightmare continue is a crime against the Red Sox and Clay himself. What purpose is this serving? Is Ben going to put a stop to the carnage or continue to whistle past the graveyard hoping to be bailed out by an injury? Be a man and bench this wretched excuse for a MLB starting pitcher immediately!  

Teakus-Carpe Veritatem!

[/QUOTE]

No, the Sox knew what they were  doing in dumping Peavy, Lackey, Lester...it was good business...meanwhile the UNTOUCHABLE is more important than the rotation on another thread. He's more important to the scheme of a team that has been blown up a few times already in the past few years. The rotation? oh, that's a dime a dozen, right? Bullshoy.

Sections
Shortcuts