Clay Buchholz dominant in rehab outing with PawSox

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2004Idiot. Show 2004Idiot's posts

Clay Buchholz dominant in rehab outing with PawSox

By Rob Bradford/WEEI
    Clay Buchholz turned in a solid outing in his second rehab outing with Triple-A Pawtucket Thursday afternoon in Rochester, New York.

Buchholz finished with six shutout innings, allowing just two hits and two walks while fanning five. The righty didn’t allow a single hit until the fifth inning, finishing up with 87 pitches.

The starter, who was placed on the 15-day disabled list, told ‘€˜The Bradfo Show€™ he will join the Red Sox in Oakland, although it is unclear when he might be activated.

The outing was a step up from Buchholz’€™ previous start for the PawSox, in which he allowed three runs on four hits over 4 2/3 innings.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2004Idiot. Show 2004Idiot's posts

Re: Clay Buchholz dominant in rehab outing with PawSox

Scott Lauber/Boston Herald

Doubront will start tomorrow in what had been Workman's spot. Beyond that, RedSox have decisions

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

I'm not surprised.  He's a minor league pitcher.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to andrewmitch's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

He is not even our best minor league pitcher.

WE ARE ALL JUST POPPYSEEDS IN THE BAKERY OF LIFE

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from steven11. Show steven11's posts

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

He is not even our best minor league pitcher.

WE ARE ALL JUST POPPYSEEDS IN THE BAKERY OF LIFE

[/QUOTE]

He may not even be our best aa pitcher.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jam789123. Show jam789123's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

bada bing!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

I think the Pawsox need him more than us.  It hurts, it hurts bad , but let him stay there. They need him more than we do.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

In response to 2004Idiot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

By Rob Bradford/WEEI
    Clay Buchholz turned in a solid outing in his second rehab outing with Triple-A Pawtucket Thursday afternoon in Rochester, New York.

Buchholz finished with six shutout innings, allowing just two hits and two walks while fanning five. The righty didn’t allow a single hit until the fifth inning, finishing up with 87 pitches.

The starter, who was placed on the 15-day disabled list, told ‘€˜The Bradfo Show€™ he will join the Red Sox in Oakland, although it is unclear when he might be activated.

The outing was a step up from Buchholz’€™ previous start for the PawSox, in which he allowed three runs on four hits over 4 2/3 innings.

[/QUOTE]

Well, Pawtucket needs an ACE; maybe Buchholz is that guy.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

[QUOTE]

Scott Lauber/Boston Herald

Doubront will start tomorrow in what had been Workman's spot. Beyond that, RedSox have decisions

[/QUOTE]

Douby is another guy who may help Pawtucket reach the playoffs.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

Porcelain man will crack once he gets to the big leagues again. My comment about him would be edited so it can't be said.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

this bites!

http://espn.go.com/boston/mlb/story/_/id/11110550/clay-buchholz-rejoin-boston-red-sox-next-start-likely

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

[QUOTE]

this bites!

http://espn.go.com/boston/mlb/story/_/id/11110550/clay-buchholz-rejoin-boston-red-sox-next-start-likely" rel="nofollow">http://espn.go.com/boston/mlb/story/_/id/11110550/clay-buchholz-rejoin-boston-red-sox-next-start-likely

[/QUOTE]

It'll bite twice if Doubront is also brought up.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In response to BogieAt12oclock's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

this bites!

http://espn.go.com/boston/mlb/story/_/id/11110550/clay-buchholz-rejoin-boston-red-sox-next-start-likely" rel="nofollow">http://espn.go.com/boston/mlb/story/_/id/11110550/clay-buchholz-rejoin-boston-red-sox-next-start-likely" rel="nofollow">http://espn.go.com/boston/mlb/story/_/id/11110550/clay-buchholz-rejoin-boston-red-sox-next-start-likely

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I'll take Doubrant over Buck all day long at this point in time.  Doubrant still has hope.  Buck's time has past.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to BogieAt12oclock's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

this bites!

http://espn.go.com/boston/mlb/story/_/id/11110550/clay-buchholz-rejoin-boston-red-sox-next-start-likely" rel="nofollow">http://espn.go.com/boston/mlb/story/_/id/11110550/clay-buchholz-rejoin-boston-red-sox-next-start-likely" rel="nofollow">http://espn.go.com/boston/mlb/story/_/id/11110550/clay-buchholz-rejoin-boston-red-sox-next-start-likely" rel="nofollow">http://espn.go.com/boston/mlb/story/_/id/11110550/clay-buchholz-rejoin-boston-red-sox-next-start-likely" rel="nofollow">http://espn.go.com/boston/mlb/story/_/id/11110550/clay-buchholz-rejoin-boston-red-sox-next-start-likely

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I'll take Doubrant over Buck all day long at this point in time.  Doubrant still has hope.  Buck's time has past.

[/QUOTE]

Andrew, I disagree. Doubront is a waste of time and space. I've never seen a more boring player in my life.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Yes  you have. Dice K. Top 5 most boring MLB since 1900.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

In response to billge's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Yes  you have. Dice K. Top 5 most boring MLB since 1900.

[/QUOTE]

OK. It's a tie.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Andrew Dice Clay's name popped into my head for some reason.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

With how messed up Clay was in April-May, and how well Workman and De La Rosa have been pitching, why rush him? I'd prefer to see at least few more successful starts in Triple-A as evidence he has figured things out, and then we can talk.

Doesn't look like that will be the case. Hope he's ready...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

LOL

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In response to Flapjack07's comment:
    [QUOTE]

With how messed up Clay was in April-May, and how well Workman and De La Rosa have been pitching, why rush him? I'd prefer to see at least few more successful starts in Triple-A as evidence he has figured things out, and then we can talk.

Doesn't look like that will be the case. Hope he's ready...

[/QUOTE]

very rush.  something strange is going on w/ Ben and John re Clay re their change in their thought-process

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

[QUOTE]

By Rob Bradford/WEEI

[/QUOTE]

Can he hit ?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazy-world-of-troybrown. Show crazy-world-of-troybrown's posts

One bad start one good one, I wouldn't promote him. I'd want to see his next one, at Triple AAA. A loss in the Majors count.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Good one.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In response to crazy-world-of-troybrown's comment:

One bad start one good one, I wouldn't promote him. I'd want to see his next one, at Triple AAA. A loss in the Majors count.

it was like they were looking for any excuse to get him back in the rotation.  our rotation is just fine without him.

Sections
Shortcuts