Clay Buchholz has a jippy tummy

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from irish-sox-fan. Show irish-sox-fan's posts

Clay Buchholz has a jippy tummy

Seriously has there ever been a guy more fragile that this? Its the world series and he says "ive got maybe one start left". As much as i find a lot of what Lackey does unpleasant, you damn well know that even when he was awful hed have gone out and pitched in a wheelchair in the playoffs, let alone the WS. 

Clay is a great talent when he plays. The problem is you can reduce hatever measure you use for him by 50% because he always got somthing wrong with him (genuine or mental). 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

Re: Clay Buchholz has a jippy tummy

Thanks

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

Another tool that only shows up after a loss.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Great, i opened this thread.  now I have a jippy tummy.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

In response to irish-sox-fan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Seriously has there ever been a guy more fragile that this? Its the world series and he says "ive got maybe one start left". As much as i find a lot of what Lackey does unpleasant, you damn well know that even when he was awful hed have gone out and pitched in a wheelchair in the playoffs, let alone the WS. 

Clay is a great talent when he plays. The problem is you can reduce hatever measure you use for him by 50% because he always got somthing wrong with him (genuine or mental). 

[/QUOTE]

I knew there was somethign wrong with him in the whole post season.   But it is his choice whether he want to pitch or not.  I just think Farrell is the one wanted to shut him down so he can have him as a healthy pitcher for next season.  Well, let him pitch like four innings before giving the ball to Doubront.  Then Farrell can just play by inning to inning depending the score of the game!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

anyone who relies on Day to Day Clay to help their team win, will simply get what they deserve.  it's really that simple.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bingobilly. Show bingobilly's posts

In response to GoUconn13's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I knew there was somethign wrong with him in the whole post season.   But it is his choice whether he want to pitch or not.  I just think Farrell is the one wanted to shut him down so he can have him as a healthy pitcher for next season.  Well, let him pitch like four innings before giving the ball to Doubront.  Then Farrell can just play by inning to inning depending the score of the game!!

[/QUOTE]

Screw next season!  What kind of crap is that!  This is the fkin world series, a "once" in a lifetime thing.  I don't care if this plastic pitcher has to spend the entire off season in a wheelchair.  Give him whatever juice is needed to get him out on the mound earning his millions!

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaysofYaz. Show DaysofYaz's posts

In response to LionSean's comment:
    [QUOTE]

like it or not Buch has the 2nd lowest era on the team. gotta laugh at you pink hats. I'd rather have Buch on the mound than almost any other pitcher.

[/QUOTE]

I think we all would. Now, if we could only convince clay that HE wants to pitch...he can pitch...he wants to pitch...he can pitch...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I don't care how good a player is, if he's not on the field helping his team because he is fragil then he's not worth the money.  

He did have mental stress issues when he started with the sox.  I think he saw a sports phsycologist.  When he starts to lose it on the mound he has a hard time recoverying.  Maybe pitching in the world series is too much for him.

The guy had plenty of rest in the regular season.  The sox did everything they could for him including trading our ss for a pitcher to fill his slot.

This isn't good and making this information know to cards hitters by the sox is just plain stupid.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

[QUOTE]

like it or not Buch has the 2nd lowest era on the team. gotta laugh at you pink hats. I'd rather have Buch on the mound than almost any other pitcher.

[/QUOTE]

yup, wake me when he's ready to pitch again......

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Those of us who question clay or not pink hatters.  Those people left when the sox went into decline.  We are serious fans who sees one of our pitchers not stepping up.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to 67redsox's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Those of us who question clay or not pink hatters.  Those people left when the sox went into decline.  We are serious fans who sees one of our pitchers not stepping up.

[/QUOTE]

He helps his team every time he is on the mound. If he has an injury he has an injury. Maybe it didn't heal right or maybe there are factors we don't know. give the guy a break.

[/QUOTE]

We were told that there is no structural damage in his shoulder.  Give the guy a break?  Why doesn't he just show up for work like the rest of his team mates?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bingobilly. Show bingobilly's posts

Perhaps my observation is a bit skewed but it sure seems like when a camera gets a close up of his face (during an interview or on the mound) he always seems to be shook up and timid!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Well, Clay certainly has riled the base.  Whatever your position on him, it is certainly a fascinating twist to the season that pivotal game 4 rests in his capable but fragile hands.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Like it or not we all would like Buch on the mound. Like it or not he's so brittle every  little thing is a major issue. If he's whinning ,let him have a seat with Dr Phil and he can cry on his shoulder. For so very long now it's been Buch Buch Buch....It wearing really thin now. Let the Buch stop here and shove a fork up his Azz and say he's done....Dam !!!! Enough already .......

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxdawg08. Show soxdawg08's posts

Buch has become a hypochondriac. He worries to much about his body, when its his mind that's skewed. When I see him on the mound, he brings to mind that jumpy, neurotic character Don Knotts played so well. Until he gets his head straight, he's no help to the team. Better Farrell shuts him down.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In response to soxdawg08's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Buch has become a hypochondriac. He worries to much about his body, when its his mind that's skewed. When I see him on the mound, he brings to mind that jumpy, neurotic character Don Knotts played so well. Until he gets his head straight, he's no help to the team. Better Farrell shuts him down.

[/QUOTE]

not only that but he's wasting a spot on the roster

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In response to andrewmitch's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

We shall see.  Sure looks that way, but I am open to him changing my mind on Sunday.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to SpacemanEephus' comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to andrewmitch's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

We shall see.  Sure looks that way, but I am open to him changing my mind on Sunday.

[/QUOTE]

so your going to make your decision based on a one game sample size?

[/QUOTE]

well, being that the assertion was that he is a 'waste of a spot on the roster', the roster was made up for the world series, and buchholz was put on the roster as a starting pitcher, and this would be the one game that he would start ... yes ... ?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Exactly.

1)  Sample Size is GOOSE EGG

and

2)  The Burden of Proof on showing-up and being healthy is not on me.  It's falls squarely on the feeble shoulders of one Clay "Day-to-Day" Buchholtz on proving otherwise.

Why in the world would ANY BODY - fans or an organization - want to rely on this guy.  If you are upset that the Sox traded away Jose Iglessias, you need not look any further than Mr Day To Day; had he been able to give you more than 20 starts or even if he could pitch after taking a 3 month vacation then we'd still have Iglessias.....Clay is really becoming the gift that keeps on taking!!!!!  Look at his contract - the time to trade him is this off season.  You won't get much for him but if you could something equivilant to a solid draft pick I say go for it.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

Clay needs to pitch and be quiet - he isnt barbara Streisand on some farewell tour. heck even the Rolling Stones have the good sense at their geriatric age not to be drama queens and say this is their "last tour"

He really does think too much - anyone who notices his fixation and anxiety when a runner gets on base (even when that runner is not a threat to steal or be an important run) can see this....

sorry Clay but you were not recovereing from any serious injury - and you had three months off - this is the World Series, get out there and pitch until you can no longer pitch,  then walk off the mound and say you wanted to pitch more

MLB Pitching101...learn it

Sections
Shortcuts