Clay Buchholz has a jippy tummy

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Re: Clay Buchholz has a jippy tummy

In response to georom4's comment:

Clay needs to pitch and be quiet - he isnt barbara Streisand on some farewell tour. heck even the Rolling Stones have the good sense at their geriatric age not to be drama queens and say this is their "last tour"

He really does think too much - anyone who notices his fixation and anxiety when a runner gets on base (even when that runner is not a threat to steal or be an important run) can see this....

sorry Clay but you were not recovereing from any serious injury - and you had three months off - this is the World Series, get out there and pitch until you can no longer pitch,  then walk off the mound and say you wanted to pitch more

MLB Pitching101...learn it

BREACH OF CONTRACT!!!!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Pete Abraham @PeteAbe 2m

Clay Buchholz threw at Busch Stadium. John Farrell was watching intently.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

In response to andrewmitch's comment:

Clay needs to pitch and be quiet - he isnt barbara Streisand on some farewell tour. heck even the Rolling Stones have the good sense at their geriatric age not to be drama queens and say this is their "last tour"

He really does think too much - anyone who notices his fixation and anxiety when a runner gets on base (even when that runner is not a threat to steal or be an important run) can see this....

sorry Clay but you were not recovereing from any serious injury - and you had three months off - this is the World Series, get out there and pitch until you can no longer pitch,  then walk off the mound and say you wanted to pitch more

BREACH OF CONTRACT!!!!!!

Contractual obligations are the least of my concern - if I were Farrell I would already announce Peavy my Game 3 starter and FelixD my game 4...this is nonsense that the club doesnt need at this late date

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Pete Abraham @PeteAbe 3m

Farrell says Buchholz starts Sunday.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to LionSean's comment:

In response to donrd4's comment:

like it or not Buch has the 2nd lowest era on the team. gotta laugh at you pink hats. I'd rather have Buch on the mound than almost any other pitcher.

Like it or not we all would like Buch on the mound. Like it or not he's so brittle every  little thing is a major issue. If he's whinning ,let him have a seat with Dr Phil and he can cry on his shoulder. For so very long now it's been Buch Buch Buch....It wearing really thin now. Let the Buch stop here and shove a fork up his Azz and say he's done....Dam !!!! Enough already .......

and did you have the same opinion of Papi when he was out for MONTHS with an achilles "injury" that didn't require surgery? 

All these posters are alike.  If you see their name in here, then you've seen it every 'bash the RS du jour' thread we've had.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

So, if the guy has trouble loosening his shoulder, you'd prefer that he pitch badly than not at all?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to J-BAY's comment:

Pete Abraham @PeteAbe 3m

Good, now the whiners can start a thread complaining about Buchholz pitching injured and hurting our chances.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In response to Joebreidey's comment:

So, if the guy has trouble loosening his shoulder, you'd prefer that he pitch badly than not at all?

why would a 28 year old professional athlete with a $30 million dollar contract, who had just taken the past 3 months off of work WITH PAY, have trouble loosening his shoulder; especially since he is (a) getting 3 extra days off b/t starts and (b) this would most likely be his last start of the season ie it's the World Series!?????????

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

Pete Abraham @PeteAbe 3m

Good, now the whiners can start a thread complaining about Buchholz pitching injured and hurting our chances.

Sorry Joey but Mr. Psychosomatic shouldve been anchoring the series based on his record this year = the only thing stopping him was his worried self....and he hasnt been very effective anyways in the playoffs so why not start Felix D instead? You can have clay pitch in long relief if he's needed

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Pete Abraham @PeteAbe 29m

Clay Buchholz in St.Embedded image permalink Louis. Says he's ready.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Given all of his antics, I will believe it when I see it.  His word means zippo...Besides, there are 2 nights of sleep b/t now and then!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

why would a 28 year old professional athlete with a $30 million dollar contract, who had just taken the past 3 months off of work WITH PAY, have trouble loosening his shoulder; especially since he is (a) getting 3 extra days off b/t starts and (b) this would most likely be his last start of the season ie it's the World Series!?????????

1-Pain in the shoulder is unaffected by your salary.  My shoulder bothered me for a year, and I barely even make as much as Buchholz.

2-Having 3 months off with a shoulder injury makes you more like to have a shoulder injury, not less likely to have a shoulder injury.  Just like having a healthy should makes you more likely to have a healthy shoulder.

3-You can check with PG, since he is a doctor, but if you hurt your shoulder, I think it still hurts even if you get paid.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Given all of his antics, I will believe it when I see it.  His word means zippo...Besides, there are 2 nights of sleep b/t now and then!

Kudos.   You have really ramped up your disgust for everything Buchholz.  You win the disgusted with Buccholz prize even after a strong challenge from Georom and others.  Hopefully you will really get to savor it and hopefully he either  doesn't show or totally bombs on sunday so you can really, really dig in and let him have it.  The day will be yours!

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Pete Abraham @PeteAbe 3m

Sorry Joey but Mr. Psychosomatic shouldve been anchoring the series based on his record this year = the only thing stopping him was his worried self....and he hasnt been very effective anyways in the playoffs so why not start Felix D instead? You can have clay pitch in long relief if he's needed

Your record has nothing to do with being currently healthy.  He's was out for a couple of months, and is likely not fully recovered.

OTOH, I agree on Doubront.  I think he can do well, and has always impressed me with his clutchness.  I'd prefer a 90% Buchholz, but if Buchholz is only 80%, then I think I'd prefer Doubront.

I mean, I'm sure everyone would prefer Buchholz, but he is either hurt or he isn't.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

Pete Abraham @PeteAbe 3m

Your record has nothing to do with being currently healthy.  He's was out for a couple of months, and is likely not fully recovered.

OTOH, I agree on Doubront.  I think he can do well, and has always impressed me with his clutchness.  I'd prefer a 90% Buchholz, but if Buchholz is only 80%, then I think I'd prefer Doubront.

I mean, I'm sure everyone would prefer Buchholz, but he is either hurt or he isn't.

I agree with this and your prior comments Joe. Good grief...there are some miserable people in this forum. The Red Sox...who weren't expected to be much better than a 500 team are in the WORLD SERIES...Give Clay a break. As I stated in another thread the other day..none of us know his private medical details....

This is a guy who when he pitches gives a hundred percent and when he pitches increases our odds of winning the game exponentially..

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

In response to The4040club's comment:

like it or not Buch has the 2nd lowest era on the team. gotta laugh at you pink hats. I'd rather have Buch on the mound than almost any other pitcher.

Like it or not we all would like Buch on the mound. Like it or not he's so brittle every  little thing is a major issue. If he's whinning ,let him have a seat with Dr Phil and he can cry on his shoulder. For so very long now it's been Buch Buch Buch....It wearing really thin now. Let the Buch stop here and shove a fork up his Azz and say he's done....Dam !!!! Enough already .......

and did you have the same opinion of Papi when he was out for MONTHS with an achilles "injury" that didn't require surgery? 

O boy, now you have done it.  There are more than a few who think Ortiz took a lesson from Pedro and just shut it down when he realized the team was going nowhere.

That was a common belief amongst a lot of my friends last season..though it seems like the whole team shut it down as well.

I would have to go back in the past through the threads from last year..since I really didn't post much in the RS forum back then...but I am willing to bet you could count on  a couple of fingers the #of threads that questioned Ortiz' toughness with his achilles. Especially when he was listed "day to day" for a few weeks before finally shutting it down.  I think I commented something along the lines about the RS front office blowing sunshine and that likely the injury was more serious ( of course..who knows since we never did hear the whole story). But really..no one was questioning his toughness and the couple of people that did were lambasted.

Now..I guess it's okay for some of those same people to jump all over a pitcher who has had one bad outing all season.

Joe's right...shoulder injuries are very tricky...especially tricky when you are a pitcher. For all we know..Clay might have been advised to shut it down for the year...yet wants to give it a go. Bottom line is we don't know.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2013soxchamps. Show 2013soxchamps's posts

In response to The4040club's comment:

O boy, now you have done it.  There are more than a few who think Ortiz took a lesson from Pedro and just shut it down when he realized the team was going nowhere.

you were one of those clowns

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

Buch is a head case, nuf' said

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

In response to LagunaJose's comment:

Apparently many folks on forums feel as if they have the right to question the integrity and character of players that they are by definition rooting for as a fan.  Only a fly on the wall would know for sure about the character of a ballplayer. Speculation without facts is utter nonsense and yet so many do it or fall for it.

OK pike....btw how did that Beckett wasnt a bad guy and the chicken and beer thing was overblown work out for you?

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

It's all about what can you do for me now!! And what about ORTIZ do you question?.. no opinion just a fact.........

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts