CLAY can't leave FIRST inning in his rehab start, can we transplant half of PEAvY's heart into his?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Re: CLAY can't leave FIRST inning in his rehab start, can we transplant half of PEAvY's heart into his?

Sigh.....There's a reason why Clay only pitched .2 innings. 

The Red Sox organization (and all pro MLB organizations for that matter) has a rehabilitation methodology of not only limiting pitchers pitches per game, but also per inning.

They do this with all pitchers rehabbing, one season removed from major surgery, and young arms in their first season.  

They didn't want RDLR going more than 30 pitches per inning this year so there was multiple starts where he would only go 1 inning, Matt Barnes was unable to go past 1 inning a few times for the same reasons of high inning pitch count.

I'm not here to say Buchholz was LIGHTS OUT, but if you got 2 outs in an inning and had 3 errors behind you, you should have got out of that inning.  If he had a MLB caliber defense behind him he would have got through that inning and may have gone a good 4-5 innings.  The important thing is he felt no pain.

I know I can't stop people here from having an opinion, no matter how misguided it is.  No matter how much knowledge is lacking in health and human performance into that opinion I can not change that. I accept that.  But Please, lets not start criticizing him for not being able to go more than one inning.....that is just dumb, very dumb.  Think of this post as a preemptive strike. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Re: CLAY can't leave FIRST inning in his rehab start, can we transplant half of PEAvY's heart into his?

You are not inside his body to know what he is feeling.

So many of you so-called Red Sox fans make me sick.

You love a guy when he is up, kick him when he is down.

Lackey, Lugo, Crawford,AGon, Lester, Manny, Papelbon, Beckett,Offerman, Renteria....the list goes on.

When are people going to just shut it and understand that these are PEOPLE...NOT ROBOTS.

"Advertising is legalized lying."- H.G.Wells

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to CommyContrarianOnTwitter's comment:

clay really scares me. million dollar arm with a 10 cent heart... cant pitch thru pain, cant fight thru anything.. must be wearing on guys like pedy to watch this jabro always give his usual 60%!

Again you appear to have no clue about the game of baseball. Nothing new there.

Clay had 3 errors behind him from the 19-20yo in Lowell. He was not throwing at full velocity, was just trying to get the feel for the ball, his pitches, and just being in a game atmosphere after 2.5 months off. The 3 errors extended the inning for him as he threw almost 40 pitches.

Im not saying he was shutting them down, but that wasnt what he set out to do. If you understood this game and how things are usually done in this situation, this thread wouldnt have even been created as a "Bash Clay" type thread that it is. There is a process Clay has to go through. Your comments about a 10 cent arm are pathetic.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Jake Peavy only pitched 101.2 innings in 2009.

Jake Peavy only pitched 107 innings in 2010.

Jake Peavy only pitched 111.2 innings in 2011.

Where was Jake's heart those years, huh?

Where was Jake's heart those years?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

Another day, another inane Commy thread. (Actually, there's about 8 today counting all the duplicates.)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Can we transplant half a brain into you? He hasnt pitched in over two months, a large portion of which he hasnt even thrown. The linescore is not important, what is important is that he came out of it feeling fine. How did Peavey pitch his fist rehab start after being out for the year with his injury? Lame thread.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Lets also not forget that if he had ZERO errors behind him it is very very very very very probable he went 4-5 innings. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

clay really scares me. million dollar arm with a 10 cent heart... cant pitch thru pain, cant fight thru anything.. must be wearing on guys like pedy to watch this jabro always give his usual 60%!

Pathetic.

You, not Clay.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

You need some heart - and brains. 

Clay threw as many pitches as he was supposed to.  His minor league team mates enlongated the inning with errors. 

Pick up on the facts.

I bet Pedey would give you an earful about being a team mate.  My guess is he is 100% behind Clay and looking forward to his healthy return.  Don't make Pedey out to be a sore azz - he's all in as a player and as a team mate.

When Clay returns, he will very likely be healthy and strong for the last push through the end of October.  He may not stay healthy all season, but that doesn't mean he doesn't have the heart to work back through an injury that is both difficult to diagnose and recover from.

I've been sidelined from driving - and therefore a central part of my vocation - for 16 years.  Why?  Because of seizures - and the finest medicos in the US haven't been able to come up with a workable solution.  They have been trying since 1973 ... and at long last they "may" have found the reason for the seizures.  But they still have no answer in how to stop them.

Not asking for your pity but your understanding.  NOT ALL INJURIES are easy to diagnose and overcome ... Clay seems to be frail, but he keeps coming back!  Give the dude some CREDIT....

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from patrickford. Show patrickford's posts

They probably should have pulled him sooner. Throwing 38 pitches in an inning is too many. It probably puts more stress on the arm than throwing 60 over five inning. 
    The fact he came out of it pain free is a huge plus. A better sign than if he'd thrown 38 over three inning and allowed no hits. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jam789123. Show jam789123's posts

I'm just wondering where that darn baby slept last night.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to Iowasoxfann's comment:

In response to ZILLAGOD's comment:

[QUOTE]

You are not inside his body to know what he is feeling.

So many of you so-called Red Sox fans make me sick.

You love a guy when he is up, kick him when he is down.

Lackey, Lugo, Crawford,AGon, Lester, Manny, Papelbon, Beckett,Offerman, Renteria....the list goes on.

When are people going to just shut it and understand that these are PEOPLE...NOT ROBOTS.

"Advertising is legalized lying."- H.G.Wells

All true but most threads are like Commie's. They are the only threads that draw interest.

[/QUOTE]

Interest from pike......

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

In response to jam789123's comment:

I'm just wondering where that darn baby slept last night.

Wow....great insight

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

How do we know if they are arbitrary if we never read them? The only people who have read every single post are those who are here all day long.  I am too busy myself to be a gym rat here. You would have to pay me to be here all day long every day of the year.

Not trying to be a D....but you do realize you're averaging over a post an hour

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

[QUOTE]

Clay had 3 errors behind him from the 19-20yo in Lowell. He was not throwing at full velocity, was just trying to get the feel for the ball, his pitches, and just being in a game atmosphere after 2.5 months off. The 3 errors extended the inning for him as he threw almost 40 pitches.

Im not saying he was shutting them down, but that wasnt what he set out to do. If you understood this game and how things are usually done in this situation, this thread wouldnt have even been created as a "Bash Clay" type thread that it is. There is a process Clay has to go through. Your comments about a 10 cent arm are pathetic.

[/QUOTE]

sorry Southy but i think youre off target here - we know it was a rehab assignment but it is apparent that Clay's sabbatical has destroyed what dominance he had earlier in the season...this is the point...i could care less how mnay errors his team had - he seems like a looooong way off in his return to being a starter, let alone a dominant one. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

In response to georom4's comment:

In response to southpaw777's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

sorry Southy but i think youre off target here - we know it was a rehab assignment but it is apparent that Clay's sabbatical has destroyed what dominance he had earlier in the season...this is the point...i could care less how mnay errors his team had - he seems like a looooong way off in his return to being a starter, let alone a dominant one. 

[/QUOTE]

I think you're missing the point.  It doesn't matter if George Washington was pitching.  The Red Sox and EVERY TEAM limits not only pitches per outing, but pitches per inning.  3 errors = 3 outs.  Clay put the ball in play and should have been out of the inning but was not supported by a low A 19 year old defense.

That is why he was pulled from the first inning.

NOT because of performance.

NOT because he was in pain

the fact that his pitch count grew to high largely due to the defense behind him is largely out of his control and not a testemant to how he was pitching in any shape or form.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

The OP was an attack on Clay's character despite Contrarian denying it. Read the thread title. Read it again. 

I'm well aware of that, I already discredited the notion that this thread suggests.  I was commenting towards you suggesting others post too much while you do not.

FWIW I probably post too much as well, so I'm not trying to singly you out just saying that you (like me, and many others) are frequents here on the board. 

Sections
Shortcuts