Clay "ferris Bueller" Bucholz

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

Re: Clay

In response to slasher9's comment:

In response to donrd4's comment:

If Tom Brady felt discomfort would he risk loseing out on a fat contract? Tom Brady will not play his neck is sore??? Funny.... So your saying Buch should sit out till 2015 so he can collect a fat paycheck..... From who ??? Keep it up and his next team will only pay him soft!!!!!!

are you seriously trying to compare Tom Brady's contract status to Clay's?

here, i will give you some knowledge for free:

TB is currently on a 5yr $70MM contract.  TB's net worth is already over $100MM (and that includes taking a "discount" with the Pats)

Besides endorsements:

May 2o11 to May 2012 Earnings according to Forbes: $27 Million
    May 2o10 to May 2011 Earnings according to Forbes: $31 Million
    Tom Brady’s Career Salary:
    2009 Patriots - $ 8,007,280
    2008 Patriots - $ 8,001,320
    2007 Patriots - $ 6,005,160
    2006 Patriots - $ 16,004,840
    2005 Patriots - $ 15,654,180
    2004 Patriots - $ 5,504,200
    2003 Patriots - $ 3,129,700
    2002 Patriots - $ 3,878,780
    2001 Patriots - $ 314,993
    2000 Patriots - $ 205,800

As for Clay and being overprotective....Baseball landscape is full of overpaid contracts for players with talent regardless of whether you, me, or tommy down the block thinks he's "soft".  and Clay has talent.  Barring a major injury Clay will be looking at 18 to 20MM per for 4-6 years in his next contract.  Once that is signed, i would expect he will pitch during minor "discomfort"......

maybe try hockey analysis?

Are you serious .I was just compareing Brady toughness and willing to play with pain in a contact sport. Nothing to do with amount of money. Wow ! How did you come up with that ?What are you on or what were you drinking?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

If Tom Brady felt discomfort would he risk loseing out on a fat contract? Tom Brady will not play his neck is sore??? Funny.... So your saying Buch should sit out till 2015 so he can collect a fat paycheck..... From who ??? Keep it up and his next team will only pay him soft!!!!!!

TB is currently on a 5yr $70MM contract.  TB's net worth is already over $100MM (and that includes taking a "discount" with the Pats)

Besides endorsements:

As for Clay and being overprotective....Baseball landscape is full of overpaid contracts for players with talent regardless of whether you, me, or tommy down the block thinks he's "soft".  and Clay has talent.  Barring a major injury Clay will be looking at 18 to 20MM per for 4-6 years in his next contract.  Once that is signed, i would expect he will pitch during minor "discomfort"......

Are you serious .I was just compareing Brady toughness and willing to play with pain in a contact sport. Nothing to do with amount of money. Wow ! How did you come up with that ?What are you on or what were you drinking?

Because a young pitcher is worried if the pain in his shoulder will result in further damage, hes now soft? Too funny.

He had a hairline fractre in his back that they didnt notice right away, which could have further hurt him if he kept playing. Then they give him some pain meds that they know can cause bad side effects. Buch has to go to the hospital because hes throwing up blood as a direct result of ingesting this pain medication, and is now out even longer with asaughigitis(sp?).

Now, he has bursitis in his throwing shoulder and knows that it could be nothing, or could be the result of another problem. Possibly rotator cuff or labrum. Buch now has his 2nd opinion and feels safe to move on. I can see been overly cautious because of what happend before and the fact that hes still got one big payday coming to him.

Pitching/playing through pain doesnt exactly mean your a "tough guy" or have more "heart" than the next guy. It could very well mean your an idiot for trying to pitch/play through it. I dont blame a guy when its his career on the line. Am I happy its taking this long? No, but as long as he gets back here to help us in Sept., we should be Ok.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

Besides endorsements:

ummmm....not drinking. 

how did i come up with that....because:

posted at 7/24/2013 6:09 PM EDT

• donrd4
    • First: 1/22/2006
    • Last: 7/25/2013

i can probably copy & paste this comment from the "told ya" thread to about 4 or 5 others...

he's on a 5 year / $30MM contract thru '15.  I guarantee you this ---- he will take no chances until after he signs his first big FA contract.  until then - he feels discomfort?  count on him shutting it down.  you want him to pitch thru pain?  pony up the big LTC...$$$$....

it's not about "soft".  it's about the almighty dollar.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxmal. Show bosoxmal's posts

In response to ThefourBs' comment:

In response to bosoxmal's comment:

Lefty Grove at age 37:

262 innings pitched; 21 complete games; 3.02 ERA; 17-9; started 32 games

I would guess about 5 of those games were against Ruth, Gehrig & Co., and another 5 against Hank Greenberg, Rudy York & Co.

I wonder if Lefty might have had  bit of flu. or a bad hammy, or a stiff shoulder, or a crik in his neck now and then.

I can understand not wanting to play if there is a chance it will severly aggravate the condition; but a stiff neck? With no muscle damage? C'mon Man!

Lefty Grove also wasn't potentialy worth over 100 million dollars, with his next contract.

Try to use a little common sense, ocassionally.

And your point is? What? He might get injured so as to end his career? Doesn't everyone, every day? C'mon, Man!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to ThefourBs' comment:

Lefty Grove at age 37:

262 innings pitched; 21 complete games; 3.02 ERA; 17-9; started 32 games

I would guess about 5 of those games were against Ruth, Gehrig & Co., and another 5 against Hank Greenberg, Rudy York & Co.

I wonder if Lefty might have had  bit of flu. or a bad hammy, or a stiff shoulder, or a crik in his neck now and then.

I can understand not wanting to play if there is a chance it will severly aggravate the condition; but a stiff neck? With no muscle damage? C'mon Man!

Lefty Grove also wasn't potentialy worth over 100 million dollars, with his next contract.

Try to use a little common sense, ocassionally.

And your point is? What? He might get injured so as to end his career? Doesn't everyone, every day? C'mon, Man!

The guy with the shoulder issue will be more worried and careful going about things then the guy without a shoulder issue. Seriously?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

All I know is when the Red Sox have a position to fill they look for players who have a huge injury history and throw huge multi year deals at them. Which is why I was surprised they didn't offer a 150 million dollar contract to Grady Sizemore.  

The notion that Clay is increasing his value by sitting on the sidelines ignores all logic.  Listen if you want to call Clay a wuss fine whatever be my guest.  I think it's dumb and stupid, but that's my opinion and I'm well aware that people are going to believe whatever they want.  

When Clay becomes a free agent he will be 31.  Who is going to pay a man in his 30's who was never able to stay in the rotation and ecliplse 200 innings in his 20's?????

Is there any precedent that suggest that players who play less increase their value?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Don't be so silly.  Don't you remember Pedroia coming back too soon from his injury in 2010?  How'd that work out?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

Clay could not throw another pitch this year and if he was a FA someone would sign him to a contract for more than the $5mm he is getting this year.  so yes, by not potentially pulling a Dravecky he will increase his value.  i would bet $ that his next (ie: FIRST) payday is on his mind with the worry of the pain. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Clay could not throw another pitch this year and if he was a FA someone would sign him to a contract for more than the $5mm he is getting this year.  so yes, by not potentially pulling a Dravecky he will increase his value.  i would bet $ that his next (ie: FIRST) payday is on his mind with the worry of the pain. 

So basically you're a mind-reader. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to TheMaskedAvenger's comment:

Vacation time is over. 

I like your HUMOR, Son !!!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:

So basically you're a mind-reader. 

Im sure his future and money have been thought about concerning this "injury". Its not the only thing thats on a player mind, but Im sure its part of the equation.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheMaskedAvenger. Show TheMaskedAvenger's posts

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheMaskedAvenger. Show TheMaskedAvenger's posts

In response to ctredsoxfanhugh's comment:
    [QUOTE] 

Didn't you know that players come on here and read what we all have to say?  They take our advice and measure how popular they are.   I'm sure they were sitting in the clubhouse last night thinking, pondering what the fans posting on Boston.com were saying about them.

I know...that's the little dream of guys like Masked Avenger. 

In response to these comments:

Actually....well its no dream, but I do enjoy thought provoking reactions from people (like you) that matter to no one except maybe immediate family or maybe not?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Actually....well its no dream, but I do enjoy thought provoking reactions from people (like you) that matter to no one except maybe immediate family or maybe not?

You really do have an active fantasy life.  I guess your screen name should be the first clue.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheMaskedAvenger. Show TheMaskedAvenger's posts

You really do have an active fantasy life.  I guess your screen name should be the first clue.

Thanks for just being you. Stay on point.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

[QUOTE] 

Didn't you know that players come on here and read what we all have to say?  They take our advice and measure how popular they are.   I'm sure they were sitting in the clubhouse last night thinking, pondering what the fans posting on Boston.com were saying about them.

And your posts matter more because...?

(This should be interesting.)

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

How about when he said he'd pitch in Sep if the race was tight?

Gee, that's awful white of you Clay.

Time to show this turkey the door!

"You don't save a pitcher for tomorrow.  Tomorrow it may rain."  ~ Leo Durocher

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from crix. Show crix's posts

Even Ferris Bueller caught a foul ball at a game which is more than Clay has done since June.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheMaskedAvenger. Show TheMaskedAvenger's posts

In response to crix's comment:

Even Ferris Bueller caught a foul ball at a game which is more than Clay has done since June.

One would think that Clay would feel some added pressure to step up and do his job...or try to.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheMaskedAvenger. Show TheMaskedAvenger's posts

Nice win tonight. Have to admit though that seeing Clay on the bench moving around and looking fine makes me sick. Especially when others are playing through their aches and pains. He should stay home and get better......not be around the team. What a freaking pussy.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

All I know is when the Red Sox have a position to fill they look for players who have a huge injury history and throw huge multi year deals at them. Which is why I was surprised they didn't offer a 150 million dollar contract to Grady Sizemore.  

The notion that Clay is increasing his value by sitting on the sidelines ignores all logic.  Listen if you want to call Clay a wuss fine whatever be my guest.  I think it's dumb and stupid, but that's my opinion and I'm well aware that people are going to believe whatever they want.  

When Clay becomes a free agent he will be 31.  Who is going to pay a man in his 30's who was never able to stay in the rotation and ecliplse 200 innings in his 20's?????

Is there any precedent that suggest that players who play less increase their value?

The sad part Hugh is that even if he sits for the rest of the season some team will still pay him close to 10 mil minimum based on his cache and potential.....trust me he's not worried about the money not being there as he sits....

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

In response to georom4's comment:

The sad part Hugh is that even if he sits for the rest of the season some team will still pay him close to 10 mil minimum based on his cache and potential.....trust me he's not worried about the money not being there as he sits....

The point is as he sits his value goes down.  Why would he be sitting if was worried about money? Because maybe he's afraid that will pain could lead to a more sever injury and poor results?!?!?.....well then I'd WANT him to sit if that's the case.  Seriously you guys should stick to the Clay is soft argument because at least that is a rational argument.

Sections
Shortcuts