Clay "ferris Bueller" Bucholz

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from lasitter. Show lasitter's posts

Re: Clay

What is his trade clause status? With Workman working we seem to be getting by pretty well at the moment. Would anyone else take a chance on him? His future payments don't look that bad IF he actually pitches.

I know people see him as being in the "untouchable" category, but I'd rather have a team made up of guys that really wanted to play ball.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

you dont have to drink beer and eat chicken in the clubhouse during games to not be a team player....Im very disappointed in CB because he seems to me a very likeable guy and I predicted he would lead the teams in wins this season at 15 - I just didnt know he would do it in half a season...

As always - 100% correct!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Clay Buchholz.....the new Jacoby Ellsbury.  Let the hate begin. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jam789123. Show jam789123's posts

J.D. 2.0

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Personally I will not hate Clay.  Dissapointed that he can't stay consistently healthy? yes.  But hate and bash...no.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from illinoisredsox. Show illinoisredsox's posts

In response to scauma09's comment:

Said many times he is (now was) my favorite player. Something just seems off about this now. He's talking about late August/early September to come back. That seems a bit excessive and almost makes you wonder if he's trying to prove a point. Either way they have to be fed up with him by now. And there's no way he gets 100 million when he's injured every year. 

Being out 2 months basically means he restarting Spring Training, at least partially.  So 3-4 weeks seems about right.  He's not going to go right out and throw 9 innings.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

In response to ctredsoxfanhugh's comment:

Personally I will not hate Clay.  Dissapointed that he can't stay consistently healthy? yes.  But hate and bash...no.  

Exactly.  It is frustrating that it's taking him so long to get back on the field, but there's no reason to hate and bash.

To look at things from a positive perspective, the Sox were 38-25 before Clay got injured and they are 23-16 since he got injured.  It's not like the team desperately needs him back ASAP.  Right now, they can afford to take it slowly with Clay, and hope that he will be back to give the team a boost for the stretch run.

Who knows?   That might even work out to our advantage.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

hate is a strong word Hugh but Clay deserves all the grief he is getting...i will leave it at that

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

In response to georom4's comment:

hate is a strong word Hugh but Clay deserves all the grief he is getting...i will leave it at that

Why does he deserve all the grief he is getting?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

Because he's NOT INJURED - he's sore - there's a difference....play thru the pain - this is what athletes do everyday Hugh - they are not made of glass, and if the pain becomes unbearable, then you stop. Do you really think Clay has reached that threshold where he cant pitch because of pain? The fact that he is taking half the season off is infuriating - as a fan and Im betting even more as his teammate. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Because he's NOT INJURED - he's sore - there's a difference....play thru the pain - this is what athletes do everyday Hugh - they are not made of glass, and if the pain becomes unbearable, then you stop. Do you really think Clay has reached that threshold where he cant pitch because of pain? The fact that he is taking half the season off is infuriating - as a fan and Im betting even more as his teammate. 

I don't think me nor you have any idea of what kind of pain Clay is in, so to draw solid strong opinions on the kid for such matters I thnk is a little unfair.  He has a history of back problems and back issues can be VERY hard to detect and treat, I don't hold nothing against him that he would want a second opinion.  And there is a differnce between playing hurt and injured, I've been an athlete my whole life and a semi professional athlete for half of it.  I also know that playing hurt and through pain can also increase your risk of being injured.  So I have no issues with CLay Buccholz.

Is maybe he a little soft, is his body maybe more fragile? possibly, I don't know but I'm not going to give him gried over it, I think that is just ridiculous.  Now if he Knew he wasn't injured and Maliciously took himself out because he wanted to get paid and not play....then I'd say he's a jerk.  But I've seen nothing to suggest that other than possibly pure speculation. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

100% Clueless, as usual.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to ThefourBs' comment:

100% Clueless, as usual.

I got a chuckle from that...Too funny.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from NLU75. Show NLU75's posts

In response to ThefourBs's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to bosoxmal's comment:

Lefty Grove at age 37:

262 innings pitched; 21 complete games; 3.02 ERA; 17-9; started 32 games

I would guess about 5 of those games were against Ruth, Gehrig & Co., and another 5 against Hank Greenberg, Rudy York & Co.

I wonder if Lefty might have had  bit of flu. or a bad hammy, or a stiff shoulder, or a crik in his neck now and then.

I can understand not wanting to play if there is a chance it will severly aggravate the condition; but a stiff neck? With no muscle damage? C'mon Man!

Lefty Grove also wasn't potentialy worth over 100 million dollars, with his next contract.

Try to use a little common sense, ocassionally.

why didn't  someone stick a cortisone shot in his bursa sac in the middle of June

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

no Worries, Clay is on his own timetable...he will tell the team when he can play...enjoy that salamis

As always - 100% correct!

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazyworldoftroybrown. Show crazyworldoftroybrown's posts

Now he's got to get arm strength, thats funny. I say 4 weeks.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from FL33178. Show FL33178's posts

In response to donrd4's comment:

In response to TheMaskedAvenger's comment:

Vacation time is over. 

Why have a team that bust there balls out there night after night and have a thumb sucking idiot playing head games. Iwould love to see Mr all about me thumb sucker traded to Houston for anything...... I can't stand a player that looks into to many mirrors instead of looking at his team busting their tails every day . Not about manager or GM  calling Buch out, let his team mates ride his little azz or at least throw durt  on his uniform so when he looks into those mirrors he can see what a real player looks like. Dr Andrews should have checked his Vigina.....

+1

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Don't blame Buchholz. Blame the system.

Ever ask yourself why in a world where young pitchers get babied and coddled to the extreme..why are so many pitchers on the DL? Strausbourg, is a prime example but:

Right now , Angels have 6 pitchers on the DL

Houston has 2

the A's have 2

Torontot has 6

the Braves have 6

Milwaukee 4

St. Louis 4

Cubs 5

Arizona 4

Dodgers 6

SF 2

Cleveland 4

Seattle 1

Marlins 2

Mets 6

Washington 3

Orioles 1

SD 5

Phillies 5

Pirates 6

Texas 5

TB 4

Boston 6

Reds 4

Rockies 3

KC 1

Detroit 2

Twins 1

White Sox 2

Yankees 1

I count a total of 109 professional pitchers on the rosters of the 30 MLB teams that are currently on the DL , for an average of 3.633 pitchers per team.

Think Buchholz is a hypochondriac?......I guess he's not alone.

"All the president is, is a glorified public relations man who spends his time flattering, kissing and kicking people to get them to do what they are supposed to do anyway." - Harry S. Truman

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazyworldoftroybrown. Show crazyworldoftroybrown's posts

Ferris Bueller.....thats his nickname for me, hahahaha

I dont remember him injuring himself throwing. Wasn't it the play he flipped on his head?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

Some of you guys really do see the forest for the trees.

Many of you did the following:

Ran all over Dice K as he tried to pitch thru pain and he had TJ surgery

Ran all over Lackey as he tried to pitch thru pain and he had TJ surgery.

Ran all over Hanrahan as he tried to pitch thru right shoulder pain and he had TJ surgery..

Ran all over Bailey as he tried to pitch thru right shoulder pain and he is out with shoulder surgery

Ran all over KALISH  as he tried to play thru right shoulder pain and he is out with shoulder surgery

You are now running all over Clay and he has right shoulder pain..??????

DO YOU SEE SOME COORELATION IN A FANS ABILITY TO DIAGNOSE A PLAYERS PAIN AND PAIN THRESHOLD.

LOVE my  Red Sox, Bs, Cs, Pats and enjoy the ride every year. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazyworldoftroybrown. Show crazyworldoftroybrown's posts

Carpenter will be back sooner and he had TJ 8 months ago. Rehabbing now at Triple AAA, 35 years old.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to crazyworldoftroybrown's comment:

Carpenter will be back sooner and he had TJ 8 months ago. Rehabbing now at Triple AAA, 35 years old.

What "Carpenter" are you referring to?

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

great intelligent and insightful baseball converation in here today ! : )

Sections
Shortcuts