Clay Hensley

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

Clay Hensley

The Marlins DFA'd Hensley, and will undoubtedly release him.  Hensley is a good relief pitcher, albeit a lousy SP.  He was eleigible for arbitration and a serious non-tender candidate anyway.

This is actually a smart move, although the team still needs at least one SP.

I'd like to see the Sox also move on Oakland LHSP Josh Outman, whom the A's seem to like buried on their depth charts. Offer Lars Anderson, as this is a rare occasion when Anderson might actually be enough.  Outman is't the rotation plug, either, but is excellent depth....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

Re: Clay Hensley

Notin have you seen these guys pitch?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

Stats on Outman look pretty good.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

Marlins Fans seem to like the guy, Clay, may be a decent signing for the Sox--invitee to ST.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from parhunter1. Show parhunter1's posts

I like both ideas, notin.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

I had him listed a month ago as a potential middle reliever for the Sox, though I thought we might have to trade for him. If he is DFA then I say go get em'.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

guy is a great reliever and a good guy...sad to see him leave the fish

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliams. Show hankwilliams's posts

Dead fish from dead fishes. Good dumpster pick-ups for no dive fee.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

In Response to Re: Clay Hensley:
    Dead fish from dead fishes. Good dumpster pick-ups for no dive fee.
    Posted by hankwilliams

you are an idiot

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliams. Show hankwilliams's posts

You are dead fish with lower than dead fish brain wave ativity.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

if you are going to make fun of me for low brain activity, it would behoove you to at least make sense and be able to spell

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

Hensley was non-tendered.  Ditto Pete Moylan, Hong Chih Kuo, Micah Owings and Joe Saunders.   Moylan would be good if he is recovered.  Kuo has some issues.

Also Jeff Keppinger and Ryan Theriot, who are important non-tenders in that they impact the trade market if the Sox are intending to deal a middle infielder for pitching...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

notin, any thoughts on Sonnanstine?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

He's a desperation move.  He hasn't been any good since 2008 and really, wasn't that good then.

I think he might be better than banking on our pen to be our starters, maybe. 

However, I would absoltuely offer him a minor league deal. Then again, I'd offer anyone a minor league deal....

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In Response to Re: Clay Hensley:
    He's a desperation move.  He hasn't been any good since 2008 and really, wasn't that good then. I think he might be better than banking on our pen to be our starters, maybe.  However, I would absoltuely offer him a minor league deal. Then again, I'd offer anyone a minor league deal....
    Posted by notin

Thanks.

Yeah, I guess I had a higher opinions of him than he deserves. He'll be 29 in March, so I guess there still is hope. His best WHIP has been 1.288, so expecting better is just wishful thinking. A minor league deal sounds about right, but someone may offer a bit more.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

Sox fans think more of Sonnanstine because he used to shut us down sevely, especially in 2008.

However, he rarely did that to anyone else, and really, if we got him, the one team he'd never face is the Red Sox...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliams. Show hankwilliams's posts

Offer him a 2011 Miller type of minor league hybrid deal.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Over $1M for a 5.25+ career ERA?  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliams. Show hankwilliams's posts

1M not guaranteed

Hensley is a pen arm, WHIP, not ERA. That would be Wastefield, who surely felt the tremor of Varitek being kicked out of the old man's country club.

Your advocacy for old Varitek was foolish.

Sections
Shortcuts