Clay to DL suffering from sympathy pains

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from youkillus. Show youkillus's posts

Re: Clay to DL suffering from sympathy pains

Clay is on the DL? Oh, did SHE get hurt again?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to davidap's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Without Buchholz, the Red Sox don't win the division last year and probably don't win the World Series. He's struggling now, no doubt, but I for one am not going to go along with all the vitriol. He was a member of two World Series championship teams and a key contributor to one of them. He's a two-time All-Star. Sometimes players have a bad year or two. Sometimes they completely lose it. That doesn't make them a zero worthy of everlasting scorn.

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

These are the same posters that booed Yaz and Ted.  Buchholz has contributed to 2 WSC and was by far our best SP last year.  To be honest, the Red Sox don't deserve championships flags if this is how the fans react 1.5 months after winning the World Series.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

In response to Joebreidey's comment:
    [QUOTE]

These are the same posters that booed Yaz and Ted.  Buchholz has contributed to 2 WSC and was by far our best SP last year.  To be honest, the Red Sox don't deserve championships flags if this is how the fans react 1.5 months after winning the World Series.

[/QUOTE]

Joe, we do have to keep in mind that we get some of the top whiners here.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Joe, we do have to keep in mind that we get some of the top whiners here.  

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

...that were nowhere to found here in in Oct last year.

They'd rather not post at all, than have to say something positive.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

These are the same posters that booed Yaz and Ted.  Buchholz has contributed to 2 WSC

and was by far our best SP last year.  

To be honest, the Red Sox don't deserve championships flags if this is how the fans react 1.5 months after winning the World Series.

16 GS ? 108 innings ?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Follow

Pete AbrahamVerified account
    ‏@PeteAbe
    Buchholz: “There’s absolutely nothing physically bothering me.” Given his history of being forthright about injuries, have to believe him

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from illinoisredsox. Show illinoisredsox's posts

In response to pinstripezac35's comment:
    [QUOTE]

These are the same posters that booed Yaz and Ted.  Buchholz has contributed to 2 WSC

To be honest, the Red Sox don't deserve championships flags if this is how the fans react 1.5 months after winning the World Series.

16 GS ? 108 innings ?

[/QUOTE]

12-1 record.  1.74 ERA.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to illinoisredsox's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

16 GS ? 108 innings ?

[/QUOTE]

12-1 record.  1.74 ERA.

[/QUOTE]

Zac  conveniently forgot those stats. He was certainly our best SP last year-when he was available and healthy. This year he is a mess. His mechanics are off, and you can see from his body language on the field that he is a head case out there. I doubt he will be able to turn it around this year in time to make a contribution in a positive way. I am not giving up on him at all, and I do not want him traded even though its possible he is the next Daniel Bard. It will likely be next year or late this year before he is effective again, if that ever happens.

WE ARE ALL JUST POPPYSEEDS IN THE BAKERY OF LIFE

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from irish-sox-fan. Show irish-sox-fan's posts

[object HTMLDivElement]

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Clay was better than Lackey last year? Really?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

Zac  conveniently forgot those stats.

no mr green I didn't forget those stat

no more than JB & illinoisredsox forgot your qualifier below

He was certainly our best SP last year-when he was available and healthy.

maybe we R arguing semantics - best vs most valuable

or maybe I just respect innings from a starter more than U guys

This year he is a mess. His mechanics are off, and you can see from his body language on the field that he is a head case out there. I doubt he will be able to turn it around this year in time to make a contribution in a positive way. I am not giving up on him at all, and I do not want him traded even though its possible he is the next Daniel Bard. It will likely be next year or late this year before he is effective again, if that ever happens.

not likely a bard thing here

the wethead has a history that should give U more hope

High Heat Stats MLB‏@HighHeatStats·7m
    Clay Buchholz through 9 starts

2012: 49.1 IP, 7.84 ERA, 1.91 WHIP
    2013: 65.2 IP, 1.78 ERA, 1.04 WHIP
    2014: 47.0 IP, 6.32 ERA, 1.85 WHIP

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

16 GS ? 108 innings ?

[/QUOTE]

12-1 record.  1.74 ERA.

[/QUOTE]

Zac  conveniently forgot those stats. He was certainly our best SP last year-when he was available and healthy. This year he is a mess. His mechanics are off, and you can see from his body language on the field that he is a head case out there. I doubt he will be able to turn it around this year in time to make a contribution in a positive way. I am not giving up on him at all, and I do not want him traded even though its possible he is the next Daniel Bard. It will likely be next year or late this year before he is effective again, if that ever happens.

[/QUOTE]
    I'm glad someone finally said it.  I feel bad for the guy but he doesn't have nerves of steel, not even close.  It's a shame because he is talented but I don't think he can stand the rigors of pitching in the majors never mind in boston.

"For much of the past two years, he has put up a false front. A façade of a happy-go-lucky major league relief pitcher who loved the sport he had played since he was a 5-year-old in the Springfield Athletic Association.

“It was all a big lie,” Buchholz said. “I put this fake smile on and pretended everything was all right until I finally just cracked and said, ‘I need to get help.’ I hit a wall. There was something truly wrong with me.”

Buchholz, 30, has been diagnosed with a form of depression. He also suffers from an anxiety disorder.

Both issues manifested into a perfect storm for Buchholz, a perfectionist who was recovering from a long-term injury.

“Being a perfectionist is a double-edged sword,” said Buchholz, a Daily Times Player of the Year as a Springfield High senior in 2000. “You have to be one, to an extent, to succeed on that level. But I let that take over. Perfectionism led to a downward spiral for me.”

...“When I signed with the Mets (in February 2011) I told myself I was going to give it another shot and see where my mind and my body were,” Buchholz said. “I pretty much got through two months of the season and then at that point I said, ‘I’m over this.’ I couldn’t handle it any more mentally. It was breaking me down to the point where I didn’t like baseball. It was making me an unhappy person.”

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

[QUOTE]

Zac  conveniently forgot those stats.

no mr green I didn't forget those stat

no more than JB & illinoisredsox forgot your qualifier below

He was certainly our best SP last year-when he was available and healthy.

maybe we R arguing semantics - best vs most valuable

or maybe I just respect innings from a starter more than U guys

This year he is a mess. His mechanics are off, and you can see from his body language on the field that he is a head case out there. I doubt he will be able to turn it around this year in time to make a contribution in a positive way. I am not giving up on him at all, and I do not want him traded even though its possible he is the next Daniel Bard. It will likely be next year or late this year before he is effective again, if that ever happens.

not likely a bard thing here

the wethead has a history that should give U more hope

High Heat Stats MLB‏@HighHeatStats·7m
    Clay Buchholz through 9 starts

2012: 49.1 IP, 7.84 ERA, 1.91 WHIP
    2013: 65.2 IP, 1.78 ERA, 1.04 WHIP
    2014: 47.0 IP, 6.32 ERA, 1.85 WHIP

[/QUOTE]

Thats what Breidey claimed: he was the most effective pitcher in 2013 (or some such language-our "best" SP), not the highest contributor. No one claimed he contributed the most last year to winning a ring, just that he was our most effective SP. And he was.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

...“When I signed with the Mets (in February 2011) I told myself I was going to give it another shot and see where my mind and my body were,” Buchholz said. “I pretty much got through two months of the season and then at that point I said, ‘I’m over this.’ I couldn’t handle it any more mentally. It was breaking me down to the point where I didn’t like baseball. It was making me an unhappy person.”

What????

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

duplicate

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

By Gordon Edes

"Obviously, having his head handed to him on a regular basis has taken its toll on Buchholz's confidence, and a pitcher filled with self-doubt when he takes the hill is not a man wired for success. Asked how tough it has been to maintain a positive outlook, Buchholz said:

"Pretty hard. I've been through some ups and downs throughout my career, and I've always found a way to battle back and find where I need to be to be consistent, to go out there and have confidence. ... That's something I'm struggling with."

Farrell often speaks of the importance of a player having his mind free in order to play at optimal level. When your confidence is at low tide, that becomes problematic. From the outside, it's hard not to wonder whether there are other issues that are crowding in on Buchholz, making it more difficult to execute the job at hand. These guys bleed, too."

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Let's not be too rough on Clay. Wait until after he leaves the Sox, either through trade or free agency. That's the way it is done.

Stabbed by Foulke.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to 67redsox's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

16 GS ? 108 innings ?

12-1 record.  1.74 ERA.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]
    I'm glad someone finally said it.  I feel bad for the guy but he doesn't have nerves of steel, not even close.  It's a shame because he is talented but I don't think he can stand the rigors of pitching in the majors never mind in boston.

"For much of the past two years, he has put up a false front. A façade of a happy-go-lucky major league relief pitcher who loved the sport he had played since he was a 5-year-old in the Springfield Athletic Association.

“It was all a big lie,” Buchholz said. “I put this fake smile on and pretended everything was all right until I finally just cracked and said, ‘I need to get help.’ I hit a wall. There was something truly wrong with me.”

Buchholz, 30, has been diagnosed with a form of depression. He also suffers from an anxiety disorder.

Both issues manifested into a perfect storm for Buchholz, a perfectionist who was recovering from a long-term injury.

“Being a perfectionist is a double-edged sword,” said Buchholz, a Daily Times Player of the Year as a Springfield High senior in 2000. “You have to be one, to an extent, to succeed on that level. But I let that take over. Perfectionism led to a downward spiral for me.”

[/QUOTE]

Which Buchholz is this article about? Clay Buchholz never signed with the Mets-he has only been with the Red Sox having been a first round pick in 2005, and he is 29, not 30. Touching story, but not particularly relevant to our own head case.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

In response to J-BAY's comment:
    [QUOTE]

What????

[/QUOTE]
    LOL, He's so messed up he doesn't know what's going on.  On a more serious note it must be a typo.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

16 GS ? 108 innings ?

[/QUOTE]

12-1 record.  1.74 ERA.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Which Buchholz is this article about? Clay Buchholz never signed with the Mets-he has only been with the Red Sox having been a first round pick in 2005, and he is 29, not 30. Touching story, but not particularly relevant to our own head case.

[/QUOTE]

It is about clay, it must be a typo.  The guy has been treated for anxiety while on the sox.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazy-world-of-troybrown. Show crazy-world-of-troybrown's posts

Encarnacion was 1-21 before last night against Buchholz.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

What????

[/QUOTE]
    LOL, He's so messed up he doesn't know what's going on.  On a more serious note it must be a typo.
    [/QUOTE]

On an even more serious note the errors in this story discredit its veracity.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

It is about clay, it must be a typo.  The guy has been treated for anxiety while on the sox

Not that I know of, 67, which doesnt mean much, but I never heard anything about it

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

What????

[/QUOTE]
    [/QUOTE]

On an even more serious note the errors in this story discredit its veracity.

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]   There is another Buchholz-- no relation to Clay. I think we may be getting our Buchholzes mixed up.  Of course, Clay never played for the Mets.  Just another crazy day at the office here BDC.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

It is about clay, it must be a typo. The guy has been treated for anxiety while on the sox.

LOL no it's not

http://www.delcotimes.com/general-news/20120219/an-invisible-menace-big-leaguer-buchholz-describes-battle-with-depression

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

In response to dgalehouse's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Let's not be too rough on Clay. Wait until after he leaves the Sox, either through trade or free agency. That's the way it is done.

Stabbed by Foulke.

[/QUOTE]

Not really.  Remember derek lowe?  He was often called a head case.  He pitched bad on derek lowe day so the fans threw their pictures of him onto the field. 

I think a thread could be started on a lot of sox players right now, they stink.  As a fan I hope they right the ship but as a fan I have no problem calling a spade a spade.  Love isn't really all that blind