Clay vs Detroit Live Game Thread:

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Re: Clay vs Detroit Live Game Thread:

In Response to Re: Clay vs Detroit Live Game Thread::
    In Response to Re: Clay vs Detroit Live Game Thread: : Nice Latin, Joel!  Look what I can do! Baruch Atah Adonai...:)
    Posted by georgelyons

You look nothing like Huckabee in this one!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

on a final note.....without crawford's walk, with 2 outs....and speed, no run would have been scored,  possibly no win.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Great game guys!!!   major props to Salty!!!  Told ya he was awesome???

OK...  So I've dogged on the kid a bit....  He's certainly looking a lot better!  :)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

NYY left the sacks loaded with one out ... onto the 13th.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

good point J....  Nice to have that speed!!!!!  :)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

on a final note.....without crawford's walk with 2 outs....and speed, no run would have been scored and possibly no win
    Posted by J-BAY

Yup, we have two guys, maybe three, who could have scored on that.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

And NY leaves them juiced, too.  This one may never end.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kt888. Show kt888's posts

Yeah, but A-Rod got screwed on that strike out call........

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

I said in ST that Salty was going to be better than people thought. I've not backed down from that. The guy's swing is just too good for him not to hit eventually. His swing reminds me of somebody from a few years back, but I can't place it.

O's get out of the jam, Yanks could still lose tonight.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from LondonRedSox. Show LondonRedSox's posts

Smile

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

baltimore left them loaded twice in extra's......they got screwed on a few calls also. markacus, first pitch called strike, was outside....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kt888. Show kt888's posts

True, I saw that, too.  Set the tone for the whole AB.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Posted by LondonRedSox

4:11 a.m.?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Yeah, but A-Rod got screwed on that strike out call........
    Posted by kt888

No pitch should ever be called a ball with A-Rod. Slip the umpire a $20 and make it happen.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

on a final note.....without crawford's walk, with 2 outs....and speed, no run would have been scored,  possibly no win.
    Posted by J-BAY

He sure looked lost in his other at bats, though.  I don't mean to sound like sour grapes 'cause I'm ecstatic over this win, but he needs to improve his plate discipline and get his OBP up.  We need him to be the guy he always was against us.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In Response to Re: Clay vs Detroit Live Game Thread: : He sure looked lost in his other at bats, though.  I don't mean to sound like sour grapes 'cause I'm ecstatic over this win, but he needs to improve his plate discipline and get his OBP up.  We need him to be the guy he always was against us.
    Posted by joel49

True. I thought the same thing. He's lunging at that outside pitch. He knows it's wrong, but can't seem to help himself. Did you read Papi's comments today about his plate discipline? Very interesting.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from georgelyons. Show georgelyons's posts

In Response to Re: Clay vs Detroit Live Game Thread: : You look nothing like Huckabee in this one!
    Posted by LloydDobler

Nah, it's all good, Lloyd - gave me an excuse to post the pic of  me 'n Luis from when I sang for him last year. I chatted with him a bit and said, "Luis, in 1968, with Cleveland, wasn't your ERA 1.68?" - He looked at me and said, "no, man...One point six ZERO", and he made a O with his thumb and forefinger! Love Luis, man! Cool

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In Response to Re: Clay vs Detroit Live Game Thread: : He sure looked lost in his other at bats, though.  I don't mean to sound like sour grapes 'cause I'm ecstatic over this win, but he needs to improve his plate discipline and get his OBP up.  We need him to be the guy he always was against us.
    Posted by joel49

i dont think he's seeing the ball well joel......i think that's why he was more patient at that at bat and worked the walk. he'll be fine. with some of the concerns i have, crawfords not one of them...he's a proven player going thru a rough patch

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

In Response to Re: Clay vs Detroit Live Game Thread: : True. I thought the same thing. He's lunging at that outside pitch. He knows it's wrong, but can't seem to help himself. Did you read Papi's comments today about his plate discipline? Very interesting.
    Posted by TheExaminer

I did.  I thought it rather weird that he's only now realizing that he should lay off bad pitches.  Didn't we learn that in little league?  Something had to have gotten lost in the translation.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

I also think CC will be fine. Can you imagine how solid the offense will be when that happens?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Ditto Joel. It's like the "got milk" commercials. Isn't the word pretty much out on milk? Same thing with swinging at bad pitches. I was amazed that he was just now coming to realize that the pitchers were getting him out on bad pitches. Weren't most of us yellling that at the tv last year?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from georgelyons. Show georgelyons's posts

In Response to Re: Clay vs Detroit Live Game Thread: : No pitch should ever be called a ball with A-Rod. Slip the umpire a $20 and make it happen.
    Posted by TheExaminer

O's have 2 on, 2 out in 13th -Mark Reynolds, what else, strikes out. Frown
    Going to the 14th!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

In Response to Re: Clay vs Detroit Live Game Thread: : Nah, it's all good, Lloyd - gave me an excuse to post the pic of  me 'n Luis from when I sang for him last year. I chatted with him a bit and said, "Luis, in 1968, with Cleveland, wasn't your ERA 1.68?" - He looked at me and said, "no, man...One point six ZERO", and he made a O with his thumb and forefinger! Love Luis, man! 
    Posted by georgelyons

I met him in '89, I believe it was, at a Minor League game. Had a great time chatting with him once I got over being starstruck and telling him he was my biggest fan.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

George, I assume you've seen "Lost Son of Havana."

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from georgelyons. Show georgelyons's posts

In Response to Re: Clay vs Detroit Live Game Thread: : 4:11 a.m.?
    Posted by LloydDobler

That's a Fan with a Capital "F". 
     Why does letter that still seem wrong? Wink

Sections
Shortcuts