Clear case for the DEATH PENALTY?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSF4Life234. Show RSF4Life234's posts

Re: Clear case for the DEATH PENALTY?

In response to CommyContrarian's comment:

love liberals on most social issues but they tend to sukkk on justice and military, dont care if its a 14 yo kid, doesnt matter if he or she can be rehabbed, about retribution and JUSTICE! pure vengeance! the  city of bawston must b vigilant in finding the culprits not scapegoats. once its clear this is where i suport a Margaret Thatcher, Reagan or even George W type. not a time for jabronis turning the other cheek and talking jibberish about how the US brought this on its self and how we must figure out y they are mad. its time to make the lines very clear. ur with boston AND THE U-S-A U-S-A or ur the ENEMY! with us and the side of lady justice or ur a jabroni and should b treated as such! 

death penalty should b used very sparingly but in a case like this there's not even a need for debate, same with newtown (if he had been caught alive) and so forth. no debate! now this jabroni (if one or is caught) gets to breathe amongst us, get a lawyer, file frivolous suits with al that free time and get some ambulance-chasing attention-seeking lawyer pushing his case in the media or coming up with some he's/she's victim claim and how its not their fault and so forth... SAD! poor newtown, we now have a whole new group to rally around as a nation and a people!

Of who ever commited these terrible acts is brought to face justice in the state of Massachusetts he can not be given the death penalty. It is against or state constitution. End of story.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

The dude from Newtown was cracked.  He might not even know if he was executed.

In an odd way, a lifetime in solitary might be worse punishment than execution.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

I do not necessarily believe in " an eye for an eye."  But sometimes the death penalty represents the only true justice.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

In response to RSF4Life234's comment:

Of who ever commited these terrible acts is brought to face justice in the state of Massachusetts he can not be given the death penalty. It is against or state constitution. End of story.

Couldn't this be a federal offense? I admit I don't know the answer.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

love liberals on most social issues but they tend to sukkk on justice and military, dont care if its a 14 yo kid, doesnt matter if he or she can be rehabbed, about retribution and JUSTICE! pure vengeance! the  city of bawston must b vigilant in finding the culprits not scapegoats. once its clear this is where i suport a Margaret Thatcher, Reagan or even George W type. not a time for jabronis turning the other cheek and talking jibberish about how the US brought this on its self and how we must figure out y they are mad. its time to make the lines very clear. ur with boston AND THE U-S-A U-S-A or ur the ENEMY! with us and the side of lady justice or ur a jabroni and should b treated as such! 

death penalty should b used very sparingly but in a case like this there's not even a need for debate, same with newtown (if he had been caught alive) and so forth. no debate! now this jabroni (if one or is caught) gets to breathe amongst us, get a lawyer, file frivolous suits with al that free time and get some ambulance-chasing attention-seeking lawyer pushing his case in the media or coming up with some he's/she's victim claim and how its not their fault and so forth... SAD! poor newtown, we now have a whole new group to rally around as a nation and a people!

thats my point. too bad they will now b forced to consider the death penalty. it was passed overwhelmingly by th epeople but the legislature led by dems overran the will of the peeps . r we better off without it? NO! like newtown and the gun debate, this too is a game changer in this area.

I have a resentment with people who decide that their personal feelings out-trump the law.  NYS has the death penalty on the books, but some DAs feel they are above the law.  Not only are they not representing the people's will, they are also pretty stupid.  When you're in negotiations, you don't take your biggest weapon off the table.

For the record, if I had to vote a straight yes or no, I'd vote against the death penalty.  But if the will of the people is that we should have the death penalty, they should represent the will of the people, or they should quit.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to LloydDobler's comment:

Couldn't this be a federal offense? I admit I don't know the answer.

My guess is that terrorism is a federal crime.  But it would be a heck of a black eye to the locals to have the feds take over jurisdiction because they lack the will to enforce something that the people of the state voted for.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

Kind of hoping its a Federal crime, then the death penalty can be applied.  there have been very few death sentences that I've agreed with.  But this is one case where I'd be happy to flip the switch.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

Stopped reading at the equation of "justice" with "Pure vengeance!"

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Death Penalty ?????  Here in the lib/left/rad/soc/moonbat zoo of the world ??  Not a chance, D Patrick & "BIG O" won't even send them to GITMO to play soccer and bow to the east !!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

That is the problem with this country.....( end of story ) We may be the worlds strongest but when it comes to justice we are one of the weakest.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomnev. Show tomnev's posts

I would like to say I am a supporter of the Death Penalty, but not for "eye for an eye " purposes, because that is useless......a more harsh punishment would be life imprisonment with Hard labor. I do think that the Death Penalty however could act as a deterrent....not in most of the cases, clearly not with terrorists or these Psycho shooters, but in cases where it has become cool to walk around with a gun and wave it in someones face....those shooters might think twice before killing someone...Death has always been a huge deterrent when a person knows their actions will cost them their lives....ask criminals why they would never mess with Organized Crime people or property....they knew it would mean the Death Penalty.....as for instances like this, nothing would deter these people(whoever they are)....they are plain evil led by evil....the only way to slow down this type of stuff(you can never stop it), is to cut off the head of the beast before it can grow back more limbs...and come down on the people who are feeding it.....hopefully our Government will stop the political correctness and do what it is charged to do, and potect its citizens.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Many consider me a liberal -- I don't  know what I consider myself -- but I came around on the dealth penalty in 1993. What turned me around? Polly Klaas, a 12-year-old girl, was abducted,  raped, and murdered. Until that moment, I believed capital punishment to be "cruel and unusual. That crime convinced me that for some truly awful people, it is the appropriate punishment.

The slimeball  in queston, by the way,  remains on death row ...  20 years later.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

While it is against the high standards of humane behavior I have been taught and aspire to, these are the times I am tempted to not only pull for a death penalty ... but wander back into that phase of behavior called "cruel and unusual punishment."  

I agree that for some, a lifetime in jail can be harsher than a sudden and quick death.

But I am also tempted to say that I could dream up punishments similar to those childhood days when I pulled wings off flies and played softball with toads.

But that is my darker side and I am glad others make calmer decisions than I do. 

I also nod my head in appreciation for the heroes of the day, that reponded to need in great fear and pain.  Kudos to those great souls.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

Sections
Shortcuts