Clear case for the DEATH PENALTY?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

Re: Clear case for the DEATH PENALTY?

In response to BurritoT-'s comment:

One religion has evolved from a long history of barbarism, the other remains stuck in the 12th century. I am not religious but to bring up old history on Christianity to water down the very present twisted danger that we face today with extreme Islam doesn't hold water. It is like still blaming 20 year old Germans for their grand-fathers atrocities.

And blaming 20 year old Germans for their grandfather's atrocities is like blaming any Muslim for terrorist acts.

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

Tens of thousands of bad apples out of Billions of Muslins IS a basket in scope.

and while you specifically may not be guilty of it many many americans ARE guilty of thinking Islam goes hand in hand with Terrorism. which is extremely ignorant.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

In response to mef429's comment:

No worries Sonics. i can handle a narrow view imposed about me over the internet.

I'm no terrorist sympathizer...  I just don't think that it is fair to blast a whole religion because of an extremist faction that totals <1% of the whole. Which is why i drew the parallel to Christians and the Westborro baptist church. I also could have said Softlaws ignorant view speaking for the entirety of the republican party or Bill representing the forums intelligence. The point is, a few bad apples don't spoil the bunch.

If i were a betting man, i would wager that DG, SFbostonfan and others are the type of people who see a dark skinned person with an accent in the supermarket and immediately get suspicious and think "terrorist".

"i bet he's putting anthrax into the produce and stuffing explosives into a turkey!"

seriously though DG, how would you like it if anytime someone figured out you were a christian they lumped you in with the crazies at the WBC? even though they (probably) don't speak for your ideals. Or how about anytime you told someone you were a republican they scoffed and immediately pegged you as a far-right extremist loon. even though you are not (or maybe you are..). I'm just saying, tolerance is a good thing, it's what this country was founded on.

mef, there are those that need support and those that deserve it.  You are firmly in the latter category.

Re the Softyism you speak of....I could tell you a hundred horrible anecdotes, all dismissed by Softy and his ilk.  One:  A few years ago, here, London (where interracial relationships have been so common, so unremarkable for decades I'm reluctant to even mention it) two friends of mine got together.  This was around 2001.  Him:  3rd generation British, family from Jamaica, African origin, very dark skin and hair.  Her:  2nd generation British, family from Ireland, very pale skin and hair.  They were stopped on the street by the police every 6 weeks or so.  At first we all treated it like a joke "stopped on suspicion of having Black parents"....but it became a terrible burden for them.  And this is recent, in a modern, tolerant, "liberal", cosmopolitan city....lots of progress made, long way to go.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

who is blaming any Muslim? You guys are not paying attention to Southern Thailand, Afghanistan, or Pakistan. It is more than a few bad apples.  They willfully kill school children, mainly girls. If there are tens of thousands of extreme Muslims commiting atrocities all over the globe on a weekl basis are you guys really going to compare that to a single or a small group of "bad apple" non Mulsims who kill kids or marathon runners?

I think I am paying attention.  I'm 100% in favour of respecting others' cultures....up to the point where someone's human rights are violated.  Aborting girl fetuses?  "Honour" killings?  FGM?  FFS, the UK is a VERY similar society to the US but due to a much greater immigration from Africa and the Indian subcontinent there is a major problem here where infant/toddler/girls just like you/your sisters/your daughters are effectively kidnapped and mutilated or married off.   It's not a cultural issue any more than slavery was.

But I think mef's point is sound:  racial profiling is racism.  

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

Tens of thousands of bad apples out of Billions of Muslins IS a basket in scope.

and while you specifically may not be guilty of it many many americans ARE guilty of thinking Islam goes hand in hand with Terrorism. which is extremely ignorant.

Well while I am sitting at an outdoor Egyptian cafe tomorrow in Bangkok and the speaker is blasting prayer music as I eat my Middle Eastern dishes I won't be thinking that the owners, customers, or service staff are terrorists. However I am wise enough to know that in the general sense most organized terrorists are indeed Muslims.

I only wish I felt safe enough to visit Baghdad or Beirut or even Kabul and walk the town alleys and surrounding hillsides. 

The Coptic Christians are being murdered, raped, exterminated in Egypt as we type.

The condemnation of these two baby killers in Boston by the American Muslim community is deafening.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

In response to mryazz's comment:

In response to SFBostonFan's comment:

I am simplifying my interpretation of part of the Quran that it says that anyone who does not believe in Islam or does not convert, will be killed.

what about the millions of people slaughtered because they wouldn't convert to Christianity??

If you're going to bash Islam don't be hypocritical about it and ignore the history of your own religion using the same avenues.

Christianity = Islam in so many ways, in both mythology and history.

and the fraction of Muslims who are violent and intollerant of other religions don't speak for the entirety of the religion. How would you like it if your religion was judged by the actions of the whackos at the Westborro baptist church?

every country has their  cross to bear. the middle east has the islams, america has the religious right. 

Yes the religious right is planting bombs packed with ball bearings and nails amongst the innocent.

Get a grip.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

In response to ThatWasMe's comment:

In response to mryazz's comment:

I am simplifying my interpretation of part of the Quran that it says that anyone who does not believe in Islam or does not convert, will be killed.

what about the millions of people slaughtered because they wouldn't convert to Christianity??

If you're going to bash Islam don't be hypocritical about it and ignore the history of your own religion using the same avenues.

Christianity = Islam in so many ways, in both mythology and history.

and the fraction of Muslims who are violent and intollerant of other religions don't speak for the entirety of the religion. How would you like it if your religion was judged by the actions of the whackos at the Westborro baptist church?

every country has their  cross to bear. the middle east has the islams, america has the religious right. 

Yes the religious right is planting bombs packed with ball bearings and nails amongst the innocent.

Get a grip.

You are 100% correct.  The desire to kill innocents with ball bearing & pellets is more that a sick sadist mind.  Do we of the right behead, drag our victims through the streets, hang bodies from bridges,  make women wear veils, torture by stoning & other horrifc methods them if they can't bear children, slowly torture animals. Yup, many young military will have their lives affected by dishonorable discharges from urinating on prisoners, perhaps after a dear friend died in a road side bomb or suicide vest.

What diversion sport do they have. Yup, they like soccer but another is from horseback trying to bat a headless goat carcass through a goal. Sure happy we got baseball, football, basketball etc. etc.

Exactly.

To refer to isolated incidents carried out by extremists in this country with the Islamic babarism which continues to go on throughout the world unabated every day.

Coptic Christians who have lived in the middle east since the beginning facing genocide as the ruling Muslim Brotherhood looks the other way. 

The administration gave 190 mil in aid just last month.

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

Who had all their posts removed? lol. Must have been quite a rage.

I to close off my participation on this particular matter.

mryazz had a bad day.

Sections
Shortcuts