Clemems is one lucky person.

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Re: Clemems is one lucky person.

My opinion is that they provided him with a loophole.

I really don't believe the government wanted to embarrass  a national sports hero. Either that or they didn't want to spend too many tax dollars going after a man who , although a bit of an egotist and a bit of a creep, isn't a danger to society and does not belong in jail. There are many more real criminals out there.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In Response to Re: Clemems is one lucky person.:
    [QUOTE]My opinion is that they provided him with a loophole. I really don't believe the government wanted to embarrass  a national sports hero. Either that or they didn't want to spend too many tax dollars going after a man who , although a bit of an egotist and a bit of a creep, isn't a danger to society and does not belong in jail. There are many more real criminals out there.
    Posted by ZILLAGOD[/QUOTE]

Agreed !  I would be surprised if they retry Clemens.  It is really just a waste of taxpayer's money. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from the_yazzer. Show the_yazzer's posts

based on roger's lack of intelligence, i believe he should  jump into the republican presidential race. he'll fit right in. his slogan should read "vote for me; i'm the male version of sarah palin."

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

First: 5/30/2008
    Last: 7/15/2011
    My opinion is that they provided him with a loophole.

I really don't believe the government wanted to embarrass  a national sports hero. Either that or they didn't want to spend too many tax dollars going after a man who , although a bit of an egotist and a bit of a creep, isn't a danger to society and does not belong in jail. There are many more real criminals out there.

interesting that you would say that Zilla! do you think it's possible that the prosecution deliberately tried to pizz off the judge after he warned them about not including evidence to the case just so he would declare a mis-trial?  hey, stranger things have happened wouldn't you say. O.J. beats a murder rap only to end up going to the slammah for trying to get his own stuff back. go figure.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

[QUOTE]My opinion is that they provided him with a loophole. I really don't believe the government wanted to embarrass  a national sports hero. Either that or they didn't want to spend too many tax dollars going after a man who , although a bit of an egotist and a bit of a creep, isn't a danger to society and does not belong in jail. There are many more real criminals out there.
    Posted by ZILLAGOD[/QUOTE]GOOD POST ZILLY......  "LET ME BE CLEAR", I SENSE THAT THE "BIG O" AND ERIC HOLDER HAVE THEIR FINGER PRINTS ALL OVER THIS !!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

In Response to Clemems is one lucky person.:
    [QUOTE]Roger is not the smartest person around.  Testifying in front of Congress was not a brillant move.  Yesterday Roger was back on the mound and throwing his heat.   The government assigned a rookie to take down the skilled veteran, and the rookie lawyer could not handle The Rocket's fast ball. I am glad to see Roger walk away from a witch hunt trial.
    Posted by jackbu[/QUOTE]

Clemens may be lucky, but we aren't so lucky.  Think of the millions of dollars of tax money thrown into the sewer.

This nitwit prosecutor can't seem to outdo high school forensic's teams and follow simple instructions from the judge, yet the government (that's US, folks) pays for the circus in Washington PLUS this ....

While that money could be spent where it matters ...

And the FOCUS of our government is on ... Iran? Iraq?  Afghanistan?  Terrorists?

Nooooooo......

On retired baseball players who have, possibly, misused drugs to help them play better.  (I know it's cheating, but don't you know a few hundred - or even thousand - people who could use that millions to get through some tough times right now?????)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

[QUOTE]based on roger's lack of intelligence, i believe he should  jump into the republican presidential race. he'll fit right in. his slogan should read "vote for me; i'm the male version of sarah palin."
    Posted by the_yazzer[/QUOTE]

It isn't just a GOP thing .... don't forget marvelous DEM things like this ..,

Or JImmy Carter's doomed rescue attempt in the Iranian desert ....

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from sindarin-erebor. Show sindarin-erebor's posts

This all just needs to go away. Clemens, like all the other juicers will not make the HOF, unless the media decides that the "steroid era" of MLB was just that, an era, ergo players falling into that period should be considered. Those of us who experienced that era will never give credence to McGuire's accomplishment relative to Aaron. There will be an asterick forever in our thinking. Clemens ego makes me cringe. People like that are delusional as to their importance.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Clemems is one lucky person. : Clemens may be lucky, but we aren't so lucky.  Think of the millions of dollars of tax money thrown into the sewer. This nitwit prosecutor can't seem to outdo high school forensic's teams and follow simple instructions from the judge, yet the government (that's US, folks) pays for the circus in Washington PLUS this .... While that money could be spent where it matters ... And the FOCUS of our government is on ... Iran? Iraq?  Afghanistan?  Terrorists? Nooooooo...... On retired baseball players who have, possibly, misused drugs to help them play better.  (I know it's cheating, but don't you know a few hundred - or even thousand - people who could use that millions to get through some tough times right now?????)
    Posted by SinceYaz[/QUOTE]

Millions? A thousand would help me out right now. Oh well. Guess the money is better spent keeping us safe from the Roger Clemens' of the world.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from chuchos. Show chuchos's posts

The whole thing is a circus that shows our kids that the people they look up to can cheat, then lie under oath, and get away with it.

Whether on purpose or not the prosecution failed in what should have been a slam dunk.

It's not really about him taking the drugs, everyone was, it's about lying to our Congress and getting away with it.  Yes, practically everybody else does, but it makes it no less wrong.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Clemems is one lucky person. : It isn't just a GOP thing .... don't forget marvelous DEM things like this ..,    Or JImmy Carter's doomed rescue attempt in the Iranian desert ....
    Posted by SinceYaz[/QUOTE]

you know Yaz that struck a nerve for me being an ex helo guy. I couldn't believe it when I heard about how the mission failed. air filters on helicopters and an unexpected dessert sand storm (kaboob)do not mix well at all....atleast back in 1980 they didn't. what a fubar that was.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

I agree with others that the government will probably not seek a new trial. I am sure they are working fiendishly with Clemens attorney to cut some kind of deal to save face. Most Americans could care less whether Clemens lied to congress..and would probably get more satisfaction from calling congress on its own lies..lol

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

It is nice to have money and being able to afford a high profile lawyer to save your life. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Clemems is one lucky person. : you know Yaz that struck a nerve for me being an ex helo guy. I couldn't believe it when I heard about how the mission failed. air filters on helicopters and an unexpected dessert sand storm (kaboob)do not mix well at all....atleast back in 1980 they didn't. what a fubar that was.
    Posted by Hammah29r2[/QUOTE]

Out of disaster, at least, we learned, Hammah.  That was a wake up call for us and we DID learn.  I remember when the M1A1 (you know what that is) came out ... totally ready for fine sand and all that goes with.  Those helos you mentioned, became like camels in their ability ...my son, like many, rode them almost daily to the provencial councils we heard so much about.  They gave him, as an honor of on who worked to help their families water as a main need in life, his own shemagh and kufi.  

There is always more to learn ... but at least we are, bit by bit. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Clemems is one lucky person. : Millions? A thousand would help me out right now. Oh well. Guess the money is better spent keeping us safe from the Roger Clemens' of the world.
    Posted by antibody[/QUOTE]

AB ... it certainly would. How many 1,000s fit into a million?  See how many could be helped ....?

I know .... we'd never see a penny of it.  They's find another wasteful place for it.   Politicians ...  no wonder Brutus stabbd Caesar. 

17. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts