Clemens' defense

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Re: Clemens' defense

Okay, Roger Clemens is persona non grata with RSN for good reason. So, that makes it okay for these phony politicians to bring him in, put him under oath, ask him about steroids and then prosecute him when he lies to them?   What is next? Bring anyone they choose in, put them under oath and ask them personal questions?  Of course, you can always take the fifth. Then everyone just assumes that as an admission of guilt.  Isn't our government wonderful?  The whole thing is a ridiculous waste of taxpayer's money.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

In Response to Clemens' defense:
    [QUOTE]I was reading on ESPN that the attorney for Roger Clemens is going to argue that it wasn't perjury because congress shouldn't have asked him if he took steroids.  He's not arguing that he didn't lie and never actually took steroids.  He's arguing that he should never have been asked the question. See, Clemens is so smart.  He knew it was ok to lie to Congress because he knew that Congress was wrong to ask him if he took steroids in the first place.  The next thing he'll argue is that it wasn't perjury because Clemens had his fingers crossed when he swore to tell the truth. Nice going Roger. Earth to Roger - no one cares. 
    Posted by DirtyWaterLover[/QUOTE]

This whole thing is ridiculous. Politicians have consistently lied before Congress...the latest being Weiner and Charles Rangel. Why weren't they prosecuted for perjury? Is there any wonder why Congress is so despised?   

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

In Response to Re: Clemens' defense:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Clemens' defense :      This whole thing is ridiculous. Politicians have consistently lied before Congress...the latest being Weiner and Charles Rangel. Why weren't they prosecuted for perjury? Is there any wonder why Congress is so despised?   
    Posted by TexasPat3[/QUOTE]
    Exactly. Total phony hypocrites.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from aquachuck. Show aquachuck's posts

In Response to Re: Clemens' defense:
    [QUOTE]if teh chick in florida who killed her kid and OJ are innocent, who cares if roger clemens is guilty of steroids or not?
    Posted by therimrattler[/QUOTE]

Greetings from Miami!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

I thought his defense was "that I am big fat cattle head and sometimes I have trouble talking and breathing at the same time...please forgive me"

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Pathetic developments ....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

It looks like Hardin is planting the seeds of reasonable doubt:

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news;_ylt=A2KIi0e32h5OWw4AQwYRvLYF?slug=lc-carpenter_clemens_lawyer_hardin_mcnamee_071311

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

This trial could be extremely embarassing for the Yankees.  Basically, anyone that ever played with Clemens while he was a Yankees is on the witness list.  They will all be asked if they ever took steroids or HGH, they will all be asked if they ever talked about taking steroids with Clemens.  Who will risk lying on the stand for Clemens, particularly if they are granted immunity from prosecution.

Joe Torre is on the list.  I wonder what he has to say about what was going on in the clubhouse.

When the Red Sox traded for Gagne, they allegedly had a report that said he was on the juice, meaning if the Sox knew Gagne was juicing, then the chances are pretty good that the New York Yankees at the very least had discussions about Clemens potential PED use?  Mr. Cashman, were you ever part of discussions regarding PED use by Roger Clemens?  Why did you you think he did or did not use PEDS?

Mr. Torre, did you ever see Clemens being injected by McNamee?  Did you ever thinnk it was PEDs?  Why did you thik it was or was not PEDs?  Did you ever see anyone else taking PEDs?

Nasty, nasty business.  This is where Clemens' true colors show.  If he were truly a stand up guy, he would plead guilty and prevent his teammates and former manager the embarassment of having to discuss PED use by the Yankees. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

To all the Clemens apologists. 

It's not OK to lie,  It's not OK to raise your right hand and swear to tell the truth and then lie.  He wasn't lying to Congress - he was lying to the American people.

And, what he is basically saying is that he knew it was the wrong thing to do but did it anyway.  I'd have more respect for him if admitted that he took steroids and explained why he did it, explained the culture of the league and how it encouraged athletes to take PEDs.  If he did that, there's not a doubt in my mind that he would still get into the HOF, which is really what this is all about. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camelwalk. Show Camelwalk's posts

Clemens defense seeking a mistrial.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

The mistrial is bull!  I would not be surprised if the Players Association and MLB chipped in a little dough to make this happen. 

This has foul play written all over it.