CLIFF LEE

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dennisfrancis. Show dennisfrancis's posts

CLIFF LEE

The Phillies are taking offers.  The Red Sox can afford him.  He is quality.  Peavy is not a #1 starter and injury prone.  If Bucholz/the Cuban won't be available until September, we need Lee.  He's the ace, he's the one who can win it for us.  Ask yourself how many of those treasured prospects the Sox are guarding will actually become major league players.  I would compare the magnitude of getting Cliff Lee to the acquisition of Curt Schilling which had to be one of the best trades the Sox ever made.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Re: CLIFF LEE

In response to dennisfrancis' comment:

The Phillies are taking offers.  The Red Sox can afford him.  He is quality.  Peavy is not a #1 starter and injury prone.  If Bucholz/the Cuban won't be available until September, we need Lee.  He's the ace, he's the one who can win it for us.  Ask yourself how many of those treasured prospects the Sox are guarding will actually become major league players.  I would compare the magnitude of getting Cliff Lee to the acquisition of Curt Schilling which had to be one of the best trades the Sox ever made.

Buchholz might be ready by the end of August, but the Cuban signed with Philadelphia. Cliff Lee is a great streak pitcher, and he may be availible, but what do you have to give up too acquire him?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Archer1. Show Archer1's posts

Now this is what I'm talking about! Cliff Lee is legitimate! The RS are one of the only teams that can afford taking on his deal. Tell Amaro that we will absorb his entire contract to avoid giving up our top-top prospects. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

Depnds on what the ywant in return.

The Mets asked for Bogaerts AND Bradley for RA Dickey.  And while Dickey was the reigning Cy Young winner and with an affordable contract, his track record is nowhere near that of Cliff Lee.

Would you pull the trigger if the asking price was the very realistic demand of both Bogaerts and Bradley? 

“Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me. Anything can happen, child. Anything can be.”

-Shel Silverstein

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

In response to notin's comment:

The Mets asked for Bogaerts AND Bradley for RA Dickey.  And while Dickey was the reigning Cy Young winner and with an affordable contract, his track record is nowhere near that of Cliff Lee.

Would you pull the trigger if the asking price was the very realistic demand of both Bogaerts and Bradley? 

“Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me. Anything can happen, child. Anything can be.”

-Shel Silverstein

No.

Cliff Lee makes us better this year.  Bogaerts Bradley make us better for the next decade.  Its a pretty simple recipe that I wish more could understand....I'm sure you do. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

In response to ctredsoxfanhugh's comment:

In response to notin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

-Shel Silverstein

No.

Cliff Lee makes us better this year.  Bogaerts Bradley make us better for the next decade.  Its a pretty simple recipe that I wish more could understand....I'm sure you do. 

[/QUOTE]

EXactly.

No way I send those two for Lee.  However, I would be surprised if the demands were much less than that, if less at all.

I wouldn't like sending either one for a 34yo pitcher who is owed about $78mill over the next 2+ years....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Doesnt he have a NTC? I believe he didnt want to play in Boston before, so why would he now?

I wouldnt even consider Bogey and JBJ. No way.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

One starting pitcher is not going to help them on the other four days.

Cherrington would have to be a complete dunderhead to mortgage the future for a chance to do nothing but lose with a higher payroll and fewer prospects to build a solid younger team. They started a plan last year to dump high salary older players, a surprise first half shouldn't make them switch gears now and go back to the mistakes of the past.

"All the president is, is a glorified public relations man who spends his time flattering, kissing and kicking people to get them to do what they are supposed to do anyway." - Harry S. Truman

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

We coulda had Lee several times in the past.  If it were up to the simple issue of dollars, he would have been here, not Texas or Phily.  Simply put, Lee doesn't want to  be here.  Stop the wild day dreaming.  He surely can block a trade.  He has in the past. 

Now, it's years later and he's still good, but the reality is he is older and the chances of his age and of reandom injury are higher.

Sections
Shortcuts