Closed

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

Re: A-Rod ranked #43 in the #ESPN500.

In Response to Re: A-Rod ranked #43 in the #ESPN500.:
    In Response to  Re: A-Rod ranked #43 in the #ESPN500. : i think they were overselling him on the ranking too. he's really just a shell of the player he used to be. 43?? try 143... Posted by mef429 I would have to agree. Maybe they meant 43rd best 3Bman.
    Posted by moonslav59

HEY-OOOO!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from midnight. Show midnight's posts

Wow these rankings seem way out of sorts.  Roy Holliday is good but he isn't as good as they make him appear.  Put him back into the American League and he returns to a good pitcher but not an ace.  Robinson Cano isn't 5 slots better than Adrian, and I am not sure he belongs in the top 10 (either one of them).  I am glad rankings really dont mean anything though, they are fun to talk about but they really are meaningless.  Rankings don't win us games, performance does. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BenitoMyHero. Show BenitoMyHero's posts

In Response to Re: A-Rod ranked #43 in the #ESPN500. : He had no business playing. He should have been D/L for that series. But with each new year comes new expectations. 
    Posted by jesseyeric

I agree....

He had no business playing against the Rangers in 2010 either.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camelwalk. Show Camelwalk's posts

In Response to Re: A-Rod ranked #43 in the #ESPN500. : I agree.... He had no business playing against the Rangers in 2010 either.
    Posted by BenitoMyHero

Or against the Phillies in 2009....Oh wait.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Wow these rankings seem way out of sorts.  Roy Holliday is good but he isn't as good as they make him appear.  Put him back into the American League and he returns to a good pitcher but not an ace.

You mean the guy that placed in the top 5 Cy Young voting in the AL in 5 of the 7 years before bolting to the NL? (And he was 19-7 with a 2.93 ERA the 8th year away from the move.)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BenitoMyHero. Show BenitoMyHero's posts

In Response to Re: A-Rod ranked #43 in the #ESPN500. : Or against the Phillies in 2009....Oh wait.
    Posted by Camelwalk

Or against the Indians in 2007

Or against the the Tigers in 2006

Or against the Angels in 2005.

Or against the Red Sox in 2004.

Oh wait...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camelwalk. Show Camelwalk's posts

In Response to Re: A-Rod ranked #43 in the #ESPN500. : Or against the Indians in 2007 Or against the the Tigers in 2006 Or against the Angels in 2005. Or against the Red Sox in 2004. Oh wait...
    Posted by BenitoMyHero

At least he goes to the playoffs just like the Sox, oh wait.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

In Response to Re: A-Rod ranked #43 in the #ESPN500. : At least he goes to the playoffs just like the Sox, oh wait.
    Posted by Camelwalk

And mouthy gets shuts again.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RhapsodyInBlue. Show RhapsodyInBlue's posts

In Response to Re: A-Rod ranked #43 in the #ESPN500. : Or against the Indians in 2007 Or against the the Tigers in 2006 Or against the Angels in 2005. Or against the Red Sox in 2004. Oh wait...
    Posted by BenitoMyHero

OH WAIT.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

AROD will hit 30 homers and drive in 105 runs, however he will not be the impact player of days gone by. He is very much like Ortiz, good numbers but hardly makes the news for having big games.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BenitoMyHero. Show BenitoMyHero's posts

AROD will hit 30 homers and drive in 105 runs, however he will not  be the impact player of days gone by. He is very much like Ortiz, good numbers but hardly makes the news for having big games.
    Posted by EnchiladaT

Don't run to the bank yet... Tony Galea isn't around anymore.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

In Response to Re: A-Rod ranked #43 in the #ESPN500. : Don't run to the bank yet... Tony Galea isn't around anymore.
    Posted by BenitoMyHero

Mouth no wonder not a photo of a brain.

It took the Sox close to 100 years to win a World Series then find out their vaunted 3 and 4 hitters on that team were both juicing.

This after and not included in the impartial Mitchell report.

And one of them is still on the Sox team and we still don't have blood testing.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

In Response to Re: A-Rod ranked #43 in the #ESPN500. : Don't run to the bank yet... Tony Galea isn't around anymore.
    Posted by BenitoMyHero

And yet you run your mouth without putting your money to back it up. Or at least some kind of friendly wager like the ones I have with Carnie And Devildavid.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

In Response to Re: A-Rod ranked #43 in the #ESPN500. : And yet you run your mouth without putting your money to back it up. Or at least some kind of friendly wager like the ones I have with Carnie And Devildavid.
    Posted by jesseyeric

Yes as the saying goes " put your money where your mouth is".

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

If ARod continues his present decline, could we see a sub .800 OPS in 2012?
    2007: 1.067
    2008:  .965  (-.102)
    2009:  .933  (-.032)
    2010:  .847  (-.086)
    2011:  .823  (-.024)

His average decline over the past 4 years has been .061. If that rate continues, he'd be at .762.

Is .799 that out of the realm of imagination?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mfymfy. Show mfymfy's posts

His average decline over the past 4 years has been .061. If that rate continues, he'd be at .762.

Is .799 that out of the realm of imagination?---moonslav
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Is .880  or .900 out of the realm of imagination now that he's healthy?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BenitoMyHero. Show BenitoMyHero's posts

If ARod continues his present decline, could we see a sub .800 OPS in 2012? 2007: 1.067 2008:  .965  (-.102) 2009:  .933  (-.032) 2010:  .847  (-.086) 2011:  .823  (-.024) His average decline over the past 4 years has been .061. If that rate continues, he'd be at .762. Is .799 that out of the realm of imagination?
    Posted by moonslav59

And to make it worse... Youri and Galea are no longer
    available. UM!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

If ARod continues his present decline, could we see a sub .800 OPS in 2012? 2007: 1.067 2008:  .965  (-.102) 2009:  .933  (-.032) 2010:  .847  (-.086) 2011:  .823  (-.024) His average decline over the past 4 years has been .061. If that rate continues, he'd be at .762. Is .799 that out of the realm of imagination?
    Posted by moonslav59

The decline primarily because of the different health issues, his hips etc.

If he stays healthy he puts up big numbers.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camelwalk. Show Camelwalk's posts

Posted by BenitoMyHero

"I definitely was a little bit careless back in those days when I was buying supplements and vitamins over the counter -- legal supplements, legal vitamins over the counter -- but I never buy steroids or use steroids," Ortiz said during a news conference that began about 3½ hours before his Boston Red Sox played the New York Yankees.

"I never thought that buying supplements and vitamins, it was going to hurt anybody's feelings."

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

Doesn't matter who ranks where in the preseason...only matters where the team ends up in September as the Sox found out unfortunately.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boomerangsdotcom. Show Boomerangsdotcom's posts

This list (like all lists) is cr*p.  Miguel Cabrera is a terrific hitter, but does anybody think he is a better player at 3B than Longoria, Ramirez, Beltre & A-Rod?  He's already been hit in the face by a grounder.  It's an experiment doomed to fail.
    Posted by slomag

I actually like Cabrera at 3rd. He's pretty bad defensively but his bat is completely off the charts. His arm is decent but he has little range. I'll take him at 3rd anyday, especially if it enables me to pick up Fielder at first. That is one heck of a 3-4 combination. If the Tigers can improve their starting rotation with even one or 2 more studs they are sbsolutely a WS level team.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boomerangsdotcom. Show Boomerangsdotcom's posts

What do you think Arod will be worth this year with a blood testing regime in place? I wouldn't bank on a lot of performance from him beyond potentially a quick start. By the 2nd half he will probably not be the same player. And there are a lot of other players who may not be also this year.

This will be a year of an even more pronounced transition to youth around the league. Teams like Tampa Bay, with a lot of younger studs should do well. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In Response to Re: A-Rod ranked #43 in the #ESPN500. : The decline primarily because of the different health issues, his hips etc. If he stays healthy he puts up big numbers.
    Posted by ThatWasMe

I agree, but ask Mikey Lowell about hip injuries.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

What do you think Arod will be worth this year with a blood testing regime in place? I wouldn't bank on a lot of performance from him beyond potentially a quick start. By the 2nd half he will probably not be the same player. And there are a lot of other players who may not be also this year. This will be a year of an even more pronounced transition to youth around the league. Teams like Tampa Bay, with a lot of younger studs should do well. 
    Posted by Boomerangsdotcom

Maybe he'll just find a new undetectable drug.

I want a new drug 
    One that will make me slick 
    One that won't make me fail my test. 
    Or make my head look three feet thick 

I want a new drug 
    One that won't hurt my average 
    One that won't make my unifom split. 
    Or make lose leverage

One that won't make me nervous 
    Wonderin' what to do 
    One that makes me feel like I feel when I'm in tune 
    When I'm alone unglued 

I want a new drug 
    One that won't spill 
    I don't care if it cost too much 
    Or come in a pill 
    [ Lyrics f 
    I want a new drug 
    One that will go away 
    One that won't get me suspended tonight 
    One that won't make me sleep all day 

Wonderin' what to do 
    One that makes me feel like I can hit 600 foot bombs. 
    When I'm not coming unglued 
    I'm all alone, baby 

I want a new drug 
    One that does what it should 
    One that won't make me feel too bad 
    One that won't make me feel too good 

I want a new drug 
    One with no doubt 
    One that won't make me talk too much 
    Or make my face break out 

Wonderin' what to do 
    One that won't make my balz shrink up. 
    When I'm alone unglued 
    All alone with unglued 
    All alone it's true, yea, yea 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In Response to Re: A-Rod ranked #43 in the #ESPN500. : I actually like Cabrera at 3rd. He's pretty bad defensively but his bat is completely off the charts. His arm is decent but he has little range. I'll take him at 3rd anyday, especially if it enables me to pick up Fielder at first. That is one heck of a 3-4 combination. If the Tigers can improve their starting rotation with even one or 2 more studs they are sbsolutely a WS level team.
    Posted by Boomerangsdotcom

and if they had V-Mart too?! i don't even want to think about that. it would haunt me at night

Sections
Shortcuts