Closed

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Re: Love it love it love it> Mariano looks older than Grand Canyon

I swear, this place gets more like an elementary school every day. Without the cuteness level.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In Response to Re: Love it love it love it> Mariano looks older than Grand Canyon:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Love it love it love it /> Mariano looks older than Grand Canyon : At some point Mo is going to falter and no longer be able to get hitters out. It doesn't take away from a great career. He's a class act whose time may be up. Let's all slow down a bit and see what he does going forward. In the past he has owned Pena. Yesterday he wasn't fooling anyone.
    Posted by Hingham Hammer[/QUOTE]

Didn't I hear that this may be his last year and he will retire after the season is over? 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Actually, I think the Grand Canyon is a good analogy. Been there forever, looks the same as it ever did, ain't going nowhere.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

In Response to Re: Love it love it love it> Mariano looks older than Grand Canyon:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Love it love it love it /> Mariano looks older than Grand Canyon : Thank you. Mo's been the standard other's have been compared to for years. Just maybe he's done. A little surprised the Yankees didn't go after Pap's.
    Posted by Hingham Hammer[/QUOTE]

I wondered about that at the time too, and decided there were two reason why the Y's stayed out of the Pap bidding.
    1) Given what it would cost them and considering that Mo may have another year in the tank it didn't seem worth the $$ risk.
    2)  The Yankees going after Pap would have been a HUGE insult to Mo, and what with the recent Posada debaucle and the fact that the left side of the infield is getting older (and the problems inherent in that) they didn't want to take the PR hit.

I don't think either reason alone would have stopped them, but the combination of the two did. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Love it love it love it /> Mariano looks older than Grand Canyon : I wondered about that at the time too, and decided there were two reason why the Y's stayed out of the Pap bidding. 1) Given what it would cost them and considering that Mo may have another year in the tank it didn't seem worth the $$ risk. 2)  The Yankees going after Pap would have been a HUGE insult to Mo, and what with the recent Posada debaucle and the fact that the left side of the infield is getting older (and the problems inherent in that) they didn't want to take the PR hit. I don't think either reason alone would have stopped them, but the combination of the two did. 
    Posted by S5[/QUOTE]

Mo rarely gets insulted. They probably felt their BP was set; better question; why didn't the RS sign him?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Love it love it love it /> Mariano looks older than Grand Canyon : Mo rarely gets insulted. They probably felt their BP was set; better question; why didn't the RS sign him?
    Posted by nhsteven[/QUOTE]

FAR too much money. in fact, it would be fiscally irresponsible to resign him for that much... not when there are so many closers out there that can get you those saves for much much much much much less cash. sure seeing him so sucks but that money can be put to better use

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

In Response to Love it love it love it> Mariano looks older than Grand Canyon:
    [QUOTE]See what I mean ? Mariano looks older than Gran Cayon. Love it love it love it.
    Posted by BenitoMyHero[/QUOTE]
    But he's still a better stopper than what the sawx presently have. Last year's rehash. How did that work out for ya?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxNation4Ever. Show RedSoxNation4Ever's posts

rather than insulting a player that has mostly been modest trhoughout his career, I would rather read some solutions to our bullpen problems.   I think it is okay to respect the opponent, while still hoping for the Red SOx to win.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Smelly-Behind2817. Show Smelly-Behind2817's posts

Re: Closed

In Response to; Closed:
    [QUOTE]See what I mean ? Mariano looks older than Gran Cayon. Love it love it love it.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Smelly-Behind2817. Show Smelly-Behind2817's posts

Re: Closed

In Response to; Closed: