Closed

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BenitoMyHero. Show BenitoMyHero's posts

Closed

Hi!

I am not trying to be an ultra optimistic red sox fan, but in
    my opinion... even without Ellsbury and Crawford, we still 
    got a fearsome lineup. In fact, we still got more weapons
    than Tampa Bay in our line up . We just need the big three,
    Beckett, Lester and Buchholz to step up. We need these
    three Cy Young candidates to step up.

Back in to 2010, we had more players on the DL than the whole
    NFL, and we finished just 6 games behind the king of the big 
    spenders new york Yanks. 

The American League East is wide open this year. And once the 
    weather start to get warmer, you will see the aging Yanks playing
    like fish out of the water. They will succumb like Madoff' stocks.

Don't make mistakes, I want both Crawford and Ellsbury back,
    but I don't want to rush them... because I don't want to see a
    costly setback. We still got plenty of weapons in boston.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

Re: MY Advice to Ellsbury & Crawford> Please take your time we still got a fearsome line-up

m

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bald-predictions. Show bald-predictions's posts

Re: MY Advice to Ellsbury & Crawford> Please take your time we still got a fearsome line-up

KELLY SHOPPACH SLIDE

I agree, and with players like roadrunner shoppach stepping up, the turnaround has just begun.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BenitoMyHero. Show BenitoMyHero's posts

In Response to Re: MY Advice to Ellsbury & Crawford> Please take your time we still got a fearsome line-up:
    I agree, and with players like roadrunner shoppach stepping up, the turnaround has just begun.
    Posted by bald-predictions

THIS is a great time to lift up our SPIRITS. I am pretty sure that

our team won't let us down.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jgallag1. Show jgallag1's posts

In Response to Re: MY Advice to Ellsbury & Crawford> Please take your time we still got a fearsome line-up:
    Posted by bald-predictions

At least he avoided the tag hahahaha

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

Hopefully the injuries stop coming and we can hold on for awhile.

Id like to think we can make a push in the second half.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Roaddogg1959. Show Roaddogg1959's posts

Relax he will be back for the playoffs

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

I doubt any team would consider the Red Sox a "fearsome" lineup.

This is a stretch even when the team is 100% healthy.

While I feel there are players here who are willing to pay the price, there are too many busriders who don't.

When players start playing as a team and doing the little things that win games, I'll buy into the "fearsome" lineup angle. What I am seeing so far, is a team that lacks leadership, determination and grit. There's talent here. but not nearly enough to compete with the likes of Texas, Detroit and L.A., they have to do it with effort.

The guy who can lead this team is the little guy at 2nd base. He comes to play every inning of every game. After that, I see little improvement over last year's edition.

The last thing we need is players who are constantly on the DL. If they continue to spiral downward, I would say it's time to clean house....and I mean seriously "clean house." Keep Pedroia, Lester, Buchholz and Gonzalez. The others are either discards or trade bait.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BenitoMyHero. Show BenitoMyHero's posts

I doubt any team would consider the Red Sox a "fearsome" lineup. This is a stretch even when the team is 100% healthy. While I feel there are players here who are willing to pay the price, there are too many busriders who don't. When players start playing as a team and doing the little things that win games, I'll buy into the "fearsome" lineup angle. What I am seeing so far, is a team that lacks leadership, determination and grit. There's talent here. but not nearly enough to compete with the likes of Texas, Detroit and L.A., they have to do it with effort. The guy who can lead this team is the little guy at 2nd base. He comes to play every inning of every game. After that, I see little improvement over last year's edition. The last thing we need is players who are constantly on the DL. If they continue to spiral downward, I would say it's time to clean house....and I mean seriously "clean house." Keep Pedroia, Lester, Buchholz and Gonzalez. The others are either discards or trade bait.
    Posted by ZILLAGOD

Nice try, but I am pretty sure that Tampa' manager won't
    agree with you.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 6k42lt913c. Show 6k42lt913c's posts

Too many players who are on the DL. Who do we blame for that? Do we blame the Dali Lama, Mother Teresa, God, Bad Karma, or our horoscope? I always thought that players who got injured was just bad luck and unfortunate and that finding a scapegoat for that was ridiculous. Silly me.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BenitoMyHero. Show BenitoMyHero's posts

In my opinion.... any manager in baseball would love to have
    Pedroia, Gonzalez, Youkillis and Papi etc... back to back.

Am I right ?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

Playoffs? You guys are kidding yourselfs! This team will not be in the playoffs. I still believe they will finish last. I believed that before Ells went down. He is done for year just like two years ago. He doesnt heal well as we all know. If the deadbeat Crawfish (God he owes so much to our Satan (Theo) ever plays he will be do better than the dumpster outfielders we are putting out there now. Butch continues to show he is not a MAN and must be dealt. We got one good start from Beckett but he is still a cancer in the clubhouse. Playoffs. Forget it. If front office doesnt get a move one and rid us of the cancers I look for 70 wins. We will lose Lester's interest soon. Two great starts and 0-1. What a disgrace.
    Posted by teddybaseball009

Teddy, 

Nothing like a positive attitude. Have you ever thought about moving to New York and becoming a Yankee fan. I'm sure they'd love your bright attitude. 

Hetchinspete

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from MikeNagy stilleatsworms. Show MikeNagy stilleatsworms's posts

After the inititial 1-5 road trip, I figured it would take forever to get back in contention. If 3 days later is forever, I was correct!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

Other than Bucky's 1st, it didn't look to far from the playoffs
    to me today!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BenitoMyHero. Show BenitoMyHero's posts

The Yanks couldn't deal with the RAYS... and the Rays can't

compete with Boston... How about that ?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from marstan. Show marstan's posts

I DON'T KNOW WHAT YOUR IDEA OF A "FEARSOME '" LINEUP IS,
    BUT WE WILL FIND OUT WHEN WE PLAY TEXAS AND NEW YORK
    THIS COMING WEEK. OUR OFFENSE MAY BE GOOD AGAINST THE
    TAMPA PEN, BUT WE WILL HAVE TO SCORE A LOT OF RUNS
    AGAINST TWO GOOD OFFENSES IN TEXAS AND NY. WITH
    AVILES, SALTY, MCDONALD AND PUNTO ON THIS SQUAD, I
    DOUBT WE CAN SCORE ENOUGH TO BEAT THE ELITE TEAMS
    IN BASEBALL. OUR PITCHING WILL BE GOOD, BUT UNLESS
    THE 5-9 SPOTS IN OUR ORDER CAN SCORE, WE ARE IN
    TROUBLE CITY.. I HAVE NO FAITH IN SALTY AND MCDONALD
    TO PROVIDE OFFENSE. PUNTO ALSO IS HORRIBLE ON
    OFFENSE AND AVILES WILL PROVE TO BE A DISASTER , TOO.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Smelly-Behind2817. Show Smelly-Behind2817's posts

In Response to; MY Advice to Ellsbury & Crawford> Please take your time we still got a fearsome line-up:
    Hi! I am not trying to be an ultra optimistic red sox fan, but in my opinion... even without Ellsbury and Crawford, we still  got a fearsome lineup. In fact, we still got more weapons than Tampa Bay in our line up . We just need the big three, Beckett, Lester and Buchholz to step up. We need these three Cy Young candidates to step up. Back in to 2010, we had more players on the DL than the whole NFL, and we finished just 6 games behind the king of the big  spenders new york Yanks.  The American League East is wide open this year. And once the  weather start to get warmer, you will see the aging Yanks playing like fish out of the water. They will succumb like Madoff' stocks. Don't make mistakes, I want both Crawford and Ellsbury back, but I don't want to rush them... because I don't want to see a costly setback. We still got plenty of weapons in boston.
    Posted by BenitoMyHero

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Offense looks incredible Beni. We really put the fear of God into Texas tonight. Monday as well, oh, right, we were shut out.

We're going to score a lot of runs but doesn't it look like we may end up scoring in bunches again as opposed to racking up good runs consistently? Hope I'm wrong. 

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from RS75. Show RS75's posts

Fearsome line-up indeed! Except for three games in which RS scored in double digits, here's how many runs they scores in other games: 2, 0, 4, 3, 1, 6, 0, 3.  The entire MLB community is quaking with fear!

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I doubt any team would consider the Red Sox a "fearsome" lineup.

This is a stretch even when the team is 100% healthy.

A team that scored more runs than anyone else last year and improved its offense this winter is not feared by anyone?

Sections
Shortcuts