Closed

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Re: We're stuck with John Lackey,- but the Yanks Payroll should be Declared a Disaster Zone

In Response to Re: We're stuck with John Lackey,- but the Yanks Payroll should be Declared a Disaster Zone:
    In Response to Re: We're stuck with John Lackey,- but the Yanks Payroll should be Declared a Disaster Zone : Calm down Lloyd. That's a pretty common term to use. Let's not get all sensitive and what not.....wouldn't want to see you standing outside someone's window with a boom box above your head or anything...
    Posted by stodknocker

Yeah, you're right. I was in a foul mood when I wrote it. Apologies to OP.
    But if you'll recall, that's the move that got Diane to come back to me. Chicks dig that sensitive stuff.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BenitoMyHero. Show BenitoMyHero's posts

Re: We're stuck with John Lackey,- but the Yanks Payroll should be Declared a Disaster Zone

In Response to Re: We're stuck with John Lackey,- but the Yanks Payroll should be Declared a Disaster Zone:
    In Response to Re: We're stuck with John Lackey,- but the Yanks Payroll should be Declared a Disaster Zone : Then go back and delete your post.
    Posted by Calzone65

Thanks for your kindness.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

In Response to Re: We're stuck with John Lackey,- but the Yanks Payroll should be Declared a Disaster Zone : Then go back and delete your post.
    Posted by Calzone65

Who died and left you Sheriff Andy?
    Seriously, what good would it do? Stodknocker already replied to it, so it lives on. I'll just apologize and assume life will move on.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In Response to Re: We're stuck with John Lackey,- but the Yanks Payroll should be Declared a Disaster Zone : Who died and left you Sheriff Andy? Seriously, what good would it do? It was already replied to, so it lives on. It's out there.
    Posted by LloydDobler

That would be Sheriff Pike, Lloyd

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

In Response to Re: We're stuck with John Lackey,- but the Yanks Payroll should be Declared a Disaster Zone : That would be Sheriff Pike
    Posted by J-BAY

Ah ... it all makes sense now.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In Response to Re: We're stuck with John Lackey,- but the Yanks Payroll should be Declared a Disaster Zone : Ah ... it all makes sense now.
    Posted by LloydDobler

if only it would.......Yell

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from stodknocker. Show stodknocker's posts

In Response to Re: We're stuck with John Lackey,- but the Yanks Payroll should be Declared a Disaster Zone : Yeah, you're right. I was in a foul mood when I wrote it. Apologies to OP. But if you'll recall, that's the move that got Diane to come back to me. Chicks dig that sensitive stuff.
    Posted by LloydDobler

Touché good sir! Touché

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

In Response to We're stuck with John Lackey,- but the Yanks Payroll should be Declared a Disaster Zone:
    The Red Sox are stuck with Lackey's contract. it's a waste of money. Period. But wait a minute... The Governor of New York should Declared the Yanks payroll a disaster zone. Even with Madoff's money, it's so painful to pay these high salaries for these over the hill, declining players. Mark Teixeira. $23 millio dollars A-Rob. $30 million dollars D.Jeter. $15 million dollars C.C. Sabathia. $24 million dollars. By the way... how old is Raul Ibanez ? he looks older than Telly Savalas.
    Posted by BenitoMyHero

Aren't you forgetting the forgettable Carl Crawford? The Sox are stuck with paying this stiff $20mil. per season for the next six (6) years. The disasterous Crawford signing is the reason that Theo Epstein is now in Chicago. 

As for the Yanks, Sabathia, Jeter, and Teixeira are productive players. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Smelly-Behind2817. Show Smelly-Behind2817's posts

In Response to; We're stuck with John Lackey,- but the Yanks Payroll should be Declared a Disaster Zone:
    The Red Sox are stuck with Lackey's contract. it's a waste of money. Period. But wait a minute... The Governor of New York should Declared the Yanks payroll a disaster zone. Even with Madoff's money, it's so painful to pay these high salaries for these over the hill, declining players. Mark Teixeira. $23 millio dollars A-Rob. $30 million dollars D.Jeter. $15 million dollars C.C. Sabathia. $24 million dollars. By the way... how old is Raul Ibanez ? he looks older than Telly Savalas.
    Posted by BenitoMyHero

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

hmm but we're stuck with Lackey, Crawford, Dice K. 

Doesn't it seem like it's a failed argument to pick on the Yanks for this? Especially when they have shown they will still spend whereas we couldn't afford Scutaro?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chilliwings. Show Chilliwings's posts

In Response to Re: We're stuck with John Lackey,- but the Yanks Payroll should be Declared a Disaster Zone : late '90s/00? The Yanks won the WS in '96, '98, '99 and 2000.
    Posted by NHBALLFAN

What is wrong with what I wrote?  Or did you not read it properly?  Perhaps you should read what I wrote again, then apologise.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Smelly-Behind2817. Show Smelly-Behind2817's posts

In Response to; We're stuck with John Lackey,- but the Yanks Payroll should be Declared a Disaster Zone:
    Posted by BenitoMyHero

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

We have some expensive duds on this team as well, Lackey, Crawford, Matsusaka, Youkillis, Jenks and Slatalamachia although he is only a couple of million. The only positive is that Matsusaka, Youkillis, and Jenks will be gone next year, saving roughly 33 million, unless Cherrington decides to throw money away on high return low investment types who give this team very little at this point.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

Got to give Benito credit...he is a great button pusher.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

I posted this elsewhere as players we should have kept or traded for...good copy & paste here, I think !

We are not without sin re: an inflated payroll !!!

Monday morning QB I know but I'd been happy to keep Beltre(ave .295) & let Youk go & also V.Martinez(ave.303) & not suffered with iffy catchers past couple of years. If we didn't get Gonzo, Martinez could have played first too. I live in SF bay area and switched among 3 games last night. First loved Spurs thrashing   Lakers---I share a 50%-50% equal hate for them & the Yankees !!! Giants beat Phils and don't I wish the Sox had their pitching staff. A's beat Angels and our old friend Josh Reddick got 3 hits(ya I know we need Bailey so had to trade). Even Coco Crisp who got the winning hit would have been a good keep. Mike Napoli, lifetime .263 not fantastic but he kills us always and can play first base would have been a good pickup. Heck, I'd have loved to have kept Johnny Damon all the way from 2004. He went to Yankees & got another ring...might have got it with us. Went to Detroit & Tampa & I'd picked him up for a resign, old or not. Based on performance to date, would have been nice to have passed on Carl Crawford !  Dice K & John Lackey...who could have known ??? OK, I'm rambling, Mea Culpa !!!

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts