CLOSING ain't easy, ain't that right Mr. Robertson?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

CLOSING ain't easy, ain't that right Mr. Robertson?

so far he's closing at a 50% clip. this guy has a low ERA and high K numbers but for anyone actually watching him, he makes aceves look like an EASE machine in comparison. i mean, everything comes hard for dave. there's the 40 pitches, inevitable walk, hit batsman, wild pitch, runners at the corners with 1 out, in scoring position with no outs, and on and on. he has the kind of stuff to make things end up looking great at the end, but that's y he should not be the CLOSER! sariano is far less dramatic and steady. he throws strikes, limits his pitch counts and far more efficient overall. the issue with mr. robertson is that he will have serious issues going back to back that became the mariano staple. his stuff won't allow him to do so throwing that many pitches a s a closer. its a lot different as a setup guy.  watching him last night, made me respect mr. rivera even more. calm, cool, easy, efficient, little drama most of the time. the consummate closer!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

Re: CLOSING ain't easy, ain't that right Mr. robertson?

some guy in Philly that isn't too bad either....why can't we get those guys??? (sarcasm)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In Response to Re: CLOSING ain't easy, ain't that right Mr. robertson?:
    [QUOTE]some guy in Philly that isn't too bad either....why can't we get those guys??? (sarcasm)
    Posted by Iceman4[/QUOTE]

don't look now, but Papelbon gave up a three run homer to a minor league player called up Monday against the Mets. no worries tho, according to paps. the phiily fans understand  baseball and aren't hysterical like the Boston fans

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kirbyrob. Show kirbyrob's posts

Re: CLOSING ain't easy, ain't that right Mr. Robertson?

Mariano blew a save just a month ago against Tampa Bay.

NYY fans can handle this. It would be much, much worse if D-Rob was part of a bullpen that gave up 15 runs and blew a 9 run lead. You lose to the Rays, it happens. I'd lose sleep if a postition player from Baltimore beat us.

Please stop worrying about the Yankees. Boston has 1 or 2 minor snafu's to focus on at the moment. lol

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Here's the address to send your suggestions to:

Joe Giradi
                Yankee Stadium
             Bronx, N.Y. 10451

I'm sure Joe will be glad to hear from you.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

I was surprised because I thought Robertson was a good fit even though Mo is the best ever. 

Just goes to show what a great decision it was to make Aceves the closer.  He has the temperament, but also the pitches and best of all the willingness and ability to go more than one inning.  At least, that's the way he has looked in the 16 games since the 15-9 debacle.  It will take an entire season to confirm Aceves as the closer, but right now I like what I see. 

I think Bard as the closer would have turned out like Robertson, only worse. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mt200. Show Mt200's posts

I don't buy too much into closer mentality. The Cards went with 4 different closers last season. How that turn out?

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

In Response to CLOSING ain't easy, ain't that right Mr. Robertson?:
    [QUOTE]so far he's closing at a 50% clip. this guy has a low ERA and high K numbers but for anyone actually watching him, he makes aceves look like an EASE machine in comparison. i mean, everything comes hard for dave. there's the 40 pitches, inevitable walk, hit batsman, wild pitch, runners at the corners with 1 out, in scoring position with no outs, and on and on. he has the kind of stuff to make things end up looking great at the end, but that's y he should not be the CLOSER! sariano is far less dramatic and steady. he throws strikes, limits his pitch counts and far more efficient overall. the issue with mr. robertson is that he will have serious issues going back to back that became the mariano staple. his stuff won't allow him to do so throwing that many pitches a s a closer. its a lot different as a setup guy.  watching him last night, made me respect mr. rivera even more. calm, cool, easy, efficient, little drama most of the time. the consummate closer!
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN[/QUOTE]
    Robertson is utterly unhittable as a 7th innining set up with 14Ks per 9 innings. Soriano is better fit to finish. The difference in pressure between set up and closer obviously has an adverse effect on Dave.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

In Response to Re: CLOSING ain't easy, ain't that right Mr. robertson?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: CLOSING ain't easy, ain't that right Mr. robertson? : don't look now, but Papelbon gave up a three run homer to a minor league player called up Monday against the Mets. no worries tho, according to paps. the phiily fans understand  baseball and aren't hysterical like the Boston fans
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]
    I'd call him a Hillbilly, but where he's from, there aren't any hills. Just an unreflective southern yahoo.