Clubhouse leader

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrRoarke. Show MrRoarke's posts

Clubhouse leader

I knew when Mike Lowell retired no one would come forward to take his place as clubhouse leader. Varitek has been a terrible excuse for a "captain". The "C" on his jersey should have been placed on Lowell's jersey in 08.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrh1194. Show jrh1194's posts

Re: Clubhouse leader

In Response to Clubhouse leader:
    I knew when Mike Lowell retired no one would come forward to take his place as clubhouse leader. Varitek has been a terrible excuse for a "captain". The "C" on his jersey should have been placed on Lowell's jersey in 08.
    Posted by MrRoarke

It is painfully obvious that this years Sox team had no leader. Someone will need to step up and take on that role next season. Not sure who that will be.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from sindarin-erebor. Show sindarin-erebor's posts

Let's put the C on Beckett's jersey and turn the clubhouse into Josh's Pub. Just think of all the fun the players will have. The Red Sox could open it up to the public (source of revenue to replace all the lost season tickets), allowing us to go in and get drunk with the players while the stands are empty and the team goes 2-10 in April and 7-20 in September....or worse.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

Posted by MrRoarke

I would like to see Lowell come back and manage this team.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrh1194. Show jrh1194's posts

In Response to Re: Clubhouse leader:
    Let's put the C on Beckett's jersey and turn the clubhouse into Josh's Pub . Just think of all the fun the players will have. The Red Sox could open it up to the public (source of revenue to replace all the lost season tickets), allowing us to go in and get drunk with the players while the stands are empty and the team goes 2-10 in April and 7-20 in September....or worse.
    Posted by sindarin-erebor

Who takes over when Beckett gets injured while pouring a drink??

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from sindarin-erebor. Show sindarin-erebor's posts

There are many worse choices than Lowell. I would be okay with Mikey for sure.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrh1194. Show jrh1194's posts

Lowell knows what it takes to win. This team needs that.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Lowell knows what it takes to win. This team needs that.
    Posted by jrh1194

I think that Lowell may be a good manager, but you still need some coaching experience before you can be considered for a manager's job.  I can think of several other former Red Sox players that could be good managers, but have never coached, (Kevin Millar, and Sean Casey).  I am sure that their are many others that would be good candidates, but still need some coaching experience. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac33. Show pinstripezac33's posts

In Response to Re: Clubhouse leader : I think that Lowell may be a good manager, but you still need some coaching experience before you can be considered for a manager's job.  I can think of several other former Red Sox players that could be good managers, but have never coached, (Kevin Millar, and Sean Casey).  I am sure that their are many others that would be good candidates, but still need some coaching experience. 
    Posted by susan250

I agree having some experience is  important

another problem mikey would / could have

would be dealing with ex teammates

at least it seem girardi did and he had coaching & mgr exp

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrh1194. Show jrh1194's posts

In Response to Re: Clubhouse leader : I think that Lowell may be a good manager, but you still need some coaching experience before you can be considered for a manager's job.  I can think of several other former Red Sox players that could be good managers, but have never coached, (Kevin Millar, and Sean Casey).  I am sure that their are many others that would be good candidates, but still need some coaching experience. 
    Posted by susan250

Valid point Susan, but if he has a strong experienced support staff he could do just fine. Francona's assistants did not help his cause very much this year.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

Posted by MrRoarke

No sox player other than Pede should become our new captain.
      You can't have a part time player "Tek" who has known most of the guys and staff for years expected to be the voice or disciplinarian this team needs.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from OnDeckCircle. Show OnDeckCircle's posts

First of all, no more "C"'s on jerseys.     That's a hockey thing.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

As far as coaching experience goes, I'm not sure how much Kirk Gibson has had but he sure has done well with AZ.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

As far as coaching experience goes, I'm not sure how much Kirk Gibson has had but he sure has done well with AZ.
    Posted by Alibiike

He started with the Tigers in 2003 as a coach and became Arizona's bench coach in 2007.  So he had 7 years experience.  I like Lowell but everyone has to pay some dues before they are just handed a job.  It's how it should be.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

The Sox had a leader - he just led them the wrong way.

Lackey showed the pitching staff the way to ruin and beckett led them there.

The only way a "leader" could have prevented the collapse is if he put Lackey in a burlap bag and tossed him in the river.  Or at least did the old bar of soap in the towel and given him a beat down.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

*Mike Stanley*

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

Peddy as team captain...

Sections
Shortcuts