C'mon Front Office

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from tbs2007. Show tbs2007's posts

C'mon Front Office

Who do we blame next for under performing players?

You got rid of Francona and Valentine, who do we blame next?

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from seabeachfred. Show seabeachfred's posts

Re: C'mon Front Office

In response to tbs2007's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I think the burden of proof is on Cherington's ability to upgrade and improve a staggering and down in the dirt Red So team, something he failed miserably to do last winter.  True, he did not have the money allocated to do much, but signing Papi at the expense of saying nyet to Kuroda and Jackson turned out to be disastrous for our team.  Of course, it would have been nice to not only get those two pitchers but to sign Ortiz as well but apparently the money was not there.  It is this winter and it must be used to improve the pitching.  Is Cherington up to the game?  That's where some of us Cherries doubters have worries.

Another point is to keep Lucchino as far away from what goes on the field.  He is not a baseball man, does not know the fine parts of the game and yet he fancies himself as an "expert" which he most certainly is not and the reason he wore out his welcome in Baltimore and San Diego.  His constant meddling has to stop and it is up to Henry to give him the word.  If Cherington is the GM it is p to him to hire the manager and make the trades and for Lucchino to worry about promotions and fund raising.  If this isn't done we may be talking about this topic again next winter as well.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from seabeachfred. Show seabeachfred's posts

In response to tbs2007's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I think the burden of proof is on Cherington's ability to upgrade and improve a staggering and down in the dirt Red So team, something he failed miserably to do last winter.  True, he did not have the money allocated to do much, but signing Papi at the expense of saying nyet to Kuroda and Jackson turned out to be disastrous for our team.  Of course, it would have been nice to not only get those two pitchers but to sign Ortiz as well but apparently the money was not there.  It is this winter and it must be used to improve the pitching.  Is Cherington up to the game?  That's where some of us Cherries doubters have worries.

Another point is to keep Lucchino as far away from what goes on the field.  He is not a baseball man, does not know the fine parts of the game and yet he fancies himself as an "expert" which he most certainly is not and the reason he wore out his welcome in Baltimore and San Diego.  His constant meddling has to stop and it is up to Henry to give him the word.  If Cherington is the GM it is p to him to hire the manager and make the trades and for Lucchino to worry about promotions and fund raising.  If this isn't done we may be talking about this topic again next winter as well.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from garyhow. Show garyhow's posts

In response to FenwayJimmy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Fred, once again fails to realize that there were players that underperformed or were injured. Fred is more concerned about acquisitions that were not made and FO performance. The thread was not about the FO. How would Kuroda and Jackson had negated bad seasons by Beckett, Lester, and Bucholz? How would having Kuroda and Jackson have prevented 34 trips to the DL and injuries to key players that relegated them to the bench for much of the season?

[/QUOTE]

Fred makes some good points also about Luchino. Its time for him to do his job and stay out of everyone elses. Let Cherington sink or swim on his own merits, but don't handcuff the guy by making him accept your choice of mgr. Look Theo got it right when he sneaked out the back door in a gorilla suit. Let baseball operations staff make baseball personel decisions, and let the president make presidential decisions [renovations to Fenway, payroll limit, hiring of staff, etc..] but stop meddling in baseball operations.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from seabeachfred. Show seabeachfred's posts

In response to Soxchemistry's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Fred hates posters to agree with him. See what you just did? You chased him away.

[/QUOTE]

No I don't.  I kind of like it.  I can even bear up with those who disagree with me unless they are pink hat apologists for our bumbling front office.  Don't fret SoxChem I'm back this evening.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

The world is full of "strange" individuals, no difference here than anywhere else...I wouldnt use the word strange, though, as everyone is their own individual.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In response to garyhow's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Fred, once again fails to realize that there were players that underperformed or were injured. Fred is more concerned about acquisitions that were not made and FO performance. The thread was not about the FO. How would Kuroda and Jackson had negated bad seasons by Beckett, Lester, and Bucholz? How would having Kuroda and Jackson have prevented 34 trips to the DL and injuries to key players that relegated them to the bench for much of the season?

[/QUOTE]

Fred makes some good points also about Luchino. Its time for him to do his job and stay out of everyone elses. Let Cherington sink or swim on his own merits, but don't handcuff the guy by making him accept your choice of mgr. Look Theo got it right when he sneaked out the back door in a gorilla suit. Let baseball operations staff make baseball personel decisions, and let the president make presidential decisions [renovations to Fenway, payroll limit, hiring of staff, etc..] but stop meddling in baseball operations.

[/QUOTE]
    Great post and I agree with you 100%. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Could everything come down to not being in shape? I mean like how many broken legs or arms did sox have? Pedrioa plays with a broken finger ? Els would have sat out all year with that.Seems to me every year sox  have more injuries then any team. Instead of looking for players with good sats ,maybe look for players with guts and heart.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

Could everything come down to not being in shape? I mean like how many broken legs or arms did sox have? Pedrioa plays with a broken finger ? Els would have sat out all year with that.Seems to me every year sox  have more injuries then any team. Instead of looking for players with good sats ,maybe look for players with guts and heart.

[/QUOTE]

What on earth do the two injuries you mention have anything to do with a player being in shape. Ellsbury had a 250lb relief pitcher fall on his shoulder. Are you for real !! If anything Pedey is a player with lots of "guts and heart" and it didn't keep him from being injured. 

Hetch

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to Hetchinspete's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

What on earth do the two injuries you mention have anything to do with a player being in shape. Ellsbury had a 250lb relief pitcher fall on his shoulder. Are you for real !! If anything Pedey is a player with lots of "guts and heart" and it didn't keep him from being injured. 

Hetch

[/QUOTE]

Actually it was 6'3 200lb SS/UI Reid Brignac...But still a big guy...Ells was only supposed to be out 8wks and was extended to 12. But Im no doctor and would never insinuate that I know what one individual is feeling like as far as pain goes. Ive had someone drop on my shoulder and still have issues with it to this day, which is going on 10yrs.

Bottom line is I agree that even the most fit player wouldve injured himself on that play.

WMB got hit on the wrist. Cant help that. Pedey busted his hand up diving for a ball. Bailey got his thumb smacked and fell on it on a play at 1b. Papi was running hard around 2b, but besides being hit on the wrist a couple years back, Papi has been very durable and has played over 140 games 3 times and 150 4 times.

Beckett was the one who always strained his back fat.

Sections
Shortcuts