Coco Crisp -- Who Knew?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Re: Coco Crisp -- Who Knew?

In response to softlaw2's comment:

Any team that spends nearly 150 million a year for nearly a half a decade and has zero playoff wins is a losing brand, not because they get rid of any player.

Then, please find another team to bother their fans.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

Another former Red Sox, Brandon Moss, is batting .400 with 2 HRs and 10 RBIs.  He had 5 RBIs last night in another win over the Angels.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:

Any team that spends nearly 150 million a year for nearly a half a decade and has zero playoff wins is a losing brand, not because they get rid of any player.

Good morning moonslav59   :)

I always made fun of Angel fans, I would tell them that I like them because they would eliminate the Yankees in the playoffs (2002, 2005) and the Red Sox would eliminate them (1986, 2004, 2007, 2008).  

But after the 2009 ALDS, I did not bring it up anymore.   LOL

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to Ice-Cream's comment:

In response to moonslav59's comment:

Good morning moonslav59   :)

I always made fun of Angel fans, I would tell them that I like them because they would eliminate the Yankees in the playoffs (2002, 2005) and the Red Sox would eliminate them (1986, 2004, 2007, 2008).  

But after the 2009 ALDS, I did not bring it up anymore.   LOL

Yeah, that one hurt.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

Once managment made the decision to go with Ellsbury and put Crisp in their dumpster, Crisp handled it well and ended up taking over for Ellsbury after Tito benched Ellsbury for zero confidence reasons.

Crisp would be traded to Kansas City for Ramon Ramirez, who was later traded for the great Dan Turpen, who was later traded for the great Michael McKenry, who was traded for cash and a player to be named later or cash, and I believe it ended up as cash.

Note:     In Game 5 of the 2007 ALCS, Coco Crisp had a game-tying hit in the bottom of the 8th inning to cap Boston's 7-run comeback. Boston would go on to win the game 8–7 with a walk-off single in the ninth inning by J. D. Drew, but lose the series in 7 games.

Didnt they win the WS in 2007?

Hi Southpaw, 

Using Softlaws extreme logic he probably uses addition by subtraction, whatever that might mean, thinking that by winning in 2007 we actually lost. 

I'm very confused, 

Hetch

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Moving the goal posts is claiming Ellsbury was the starting CF for the 2007 championship team.

But, I've noted that your depth chart for the 2007 championship team has Ellsbury as the starting CF'er. And, that's OK.

In the World Series, he most certainly was.

Thank  you.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to LloydDobler's comment:

Moving the goal posts is claiming Ellsbury was the starting CF for the 2007 championship team.

But, I've noted that your depth chart for the 2007 championship team has Ellsbury as the starting CF'er. And, that's OK.

In the World Series, he most certainly was.

Thank  you.

...and that's what really started this all up... when Ellsbury took Coco's job at the end of the ALCS (Coco was like 0 for 12 or something in his last 3 games), but the real issue with softy was that "Jake" had the audacity to actually play well in the WS! (1.188 OPS)

That sealed Coco's fate, and although many here wrongly claim softy wanted Coco over Ellsbury in 2009, softy never forgave Ellsbury for taking a job he "never earned".

BTW, it was softy "the bean counter" in the winter of '08-'09 that claimed Coco had to go. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from emp9. Show emp9's posts

... And for those that didn't see Expendables I, see Expendables II. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to Ice-Cream's comment:

Another former Red Sox, Brandon Moss, is batting .400 with 2 HRs and 10 RBIs.  He had 5 RBIs last night in another win over the Angels.  

I think the Sox tried to get him this off season to play BU 1b and OF

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to Hetchinspete's comment:

Once managment made the decision to go with Ellsbury and put Crisp in their dumpster, Crisp handled it well and ended up taking over for Ellsbury after Tito benched Ellsbury for zero confidence reasons.

Crisp would be traded to Kansas City for Ramon Ramirez, who was later traded for the great Dan Turpen, who was later traded for the great Michael McKenry, who was traded for cash and a player to be named later or cash, and I believe it ended up as cash.

Note:     In Game 5 of the 2007 ALCS, Coco Crisp had a game-tying hit in the bottom of the 8th inning to cap Boston's 7-run comeback. Boston would go on to win the game 8–7 with a walk-off single in the ninth inning by J. D. Drew, but lose the series in 7 games.

Didnt they win the WS in 2007?

Hi Southpaw, 

Using Softlaws extreme logic he probably uses addition by subtraction, whatever that might mean, thinking that by winning in 2007 we actually lost. 

I'm very confused, 

Hetch

Hey Hetch,

Hes a master at talking in circles and moving the goalposts...Details and facts are not part of his arguement if they hurt his arguement.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to emp9's comment:

saw them both...good flicks

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from emp9. Show emp9's posts

Was the first one alright? I was gonna wait and buy the candy bar but... :(

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Yeah, I love them blow everything up, shooting, fighting movies. Good cast too.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from emp9. Show emp9's posts

Yeah, I love them blow everything up, shooting, fighting movies. Good cast too.

Want to see that Jack REACHER movie. I read all the books, but I never got to see the flick. Heard it was surprisingly good from people who are usually brutally honest. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

In response to notin's comment:

In response to Drewski5's comment:

The reality is that Coco and Ellsbury are not mutually exclusive.  Coco was a great teammate, a true professional, and would have done anything that the coach asked.

If he was asked to be a fourth outfielder , he would have.  JD always had injury issues, Coco could have been a late defensive replacement for Manny.  We would have found him playing time.  Maybe not starter playing time; however, Coco took his demotion w/ class.

The Coco for Ramon Ramirez trade never made sense.  Coco was more valuable as a switch hitting, play all 3 OF positions, defensive replacement, pinch running supersub than a back of the pen guy.  He was the true leader of our clubhouse.

And if we went into 2008 w/ Coco as a fourth outfielder, we would have found playing time for him every year.  CF in 2012, RF in 2011...

We lost some true player leaders.  Coco may have been the biggest one.

Anybody who has ever played w / Coco has mentioned that he is a great leader and a great teammate.  Extremely down to earth.  Willing to accept any role.  A professional.  The antithesis of a primadonna.

1. We did go into 2008 with Crisp ss a fourth OF.

2. Maybe part of the reason he was traded was a favor to Crisp..

Thats right , thanks for the correction.  Still, Cocoa was an unbelievable fourth OF in 2008, was a leader in the clubhouse, a true professional who never complained about being relegated to a bench role, kept himself ready to play and contributed when asked.

He was a huge part of the reason why the As surprised last year.  He's a darn good CF, and has had a darn good career.  We wound up giving away a tremendous asset for .....

Maybe part of the reason why we traded him was so he can start again; however, this doesnt change the fact that we tremendously undervalued him.  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Coco wasn't really the 4th OF'er in 2008. He played way more games in CF than Ellsbury (114 to 66). Crisp started 98 games in CF and Ellsbury 63. Jacoby started 36 in LF and 30 in RF.

Coco was 2nd in games in the OF and 3rd in OF innings played.

1) Ellsbury 140 gm  1174 inn.

2) Coco Crisp 114 gm  886 inn.

3) JD Drew  106 gm  893 inn.

4) Manny  66  538

5) J Bay    49  423

If you add Manny to Bay, it's 115 OF gms  961 OF innings, which would knock Crisp to 3rd in games and 4th in innings(7 innings behind Drew), so I guess one could argue he was thr 4th man out there.

The other point forgotten by many Ellsbury cheerleaders is that although Jacoby knocked Crisp to the bench in the 2007 ALCS and the 2007 WS, Coco returned the favor in the 2008 ALCS. Jacoby went 0 for 14 vs TB, while Coco went 9 for 20 with 4 BB.

18. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts