Cody Ross asking for 3/25

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

Cody Ross asking for 3/25

Follow

In Cody Ross's talks with the Red Sox, his side was looking for something in the 3-year, $25 million range.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

Re: Cody Ross asking for 3/25

i would pass.....

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

If Cody wants to stay, the "something" could possibly be "something else".

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from boborielly224. Show boborielly224's posts

In response to mrmojo1120's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Follow

Buster OlneyBuster OlneyVerified‏@Buster_ESPN

In Cody Ross's talks with the Red Sox, his side was looking for something in the 3-year, $25 million range.

[/QUOTE]

Counter offer 4 yrs. at 26 mill. with an option on the 4th year. If he refuses bye bye Ross and take a gamble and see what hamilton price range is.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

If Ross gets any more than 2 years and a salary of more than 6 million it will be another irrational free agent signing.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from boborielly224. Show boborielly224's posts

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:
    [QUOTE]

If Ross gets any more than 2 years and a salary of more than 6 million it will be another irrational free agent signing.

[/QUOTE]

Hamilton age 31  2012 stats gms. 148, avg. .285,

per gm stats % HRS .30, RBI .86, Runs .70, SO's 1.1, BB .40

Ross age 32 2012 stats gms. 130, avg. .267

per gm stats % HR's .17,  RBI .62, Runs .54, SO's .99, BB .32

Ellsbury age30 2012 stats gms. 74, avg. .271

HR's .02, RBI's .27, Runs .60, SO's .59, BB.26, SB's .20

(1) How much will Hamilton want to come to Boston he will probably produce more Runs then Ross and Ellsbury. With Hamilton batting 4th and Papi 5th could it be another problem for pithcers to face.

(2) Ross will be a lower cost then Hamilton and Ellsbury, would it be better for the Sox to have Ross and Hamilton in the line up and trade Ellsbury for some good arms in the bullpen?

My answer is Ross and Hamilton would be a better fit for batting line up but the cost will be the big ??????? I would not sign  both for no longer then 4 yrs. The minors future base stealer will be Bradley for the sox. with both Bradley and Brentx both getting ready for the big leagues not now but soon; lots of perception to look from Cherington eyes.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

Ross' value on Fangraphs in 2012 was $10.8m.  While I think that is high, and certainly was aided by Fenway....the guy delivered significant value to the Sox in his age 31 season.  I would have no problem giving him 3 years and could live with 6-8m/year.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

I could see 3 years at 15.  Not 25.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

I wouldn't go three either. I'd rather go two years, $18M, than 3/$25M, although even at that, $9M a year might be a bit much.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

8.33 million dollars a year is a reasonable price, but to go for 3 years...maybe it is too long especially Boston already have few OF's who could become a future OF for Boston.

I would change it to 2 years for 18 million dollars!!  Or go with 3 years, but the third year got to be an option year with a 1.5 million dollars buy out!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Moveon.org   !!!!!!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

The Sox need to pay him. After all, we need more fat cats to generate more revenue so the 47% can continue their lifelong tax holiday!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from parhunter55. Show parhunter55's posts

2 years and a third year option, based on performance seems reasonable to me.  8 million a year seems a bit high, but he was underpaid this past season.  If you took 3/25 and added 2012, you'd have 4/28...7 million a year.  That is not another irrational free agent signing, IMO.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from parhunter55. Show parhunter55's posts

Oh, and if anyone thinks Swisher is going to sign here for anywhere near that, they are kidding themselves.

BTW, was reading someone's top 50 FA list, and they described Ludwick as a poor man's Cody Ross.  Not a ringing endorsement.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to Alibiike's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The Sox need to pay him. After all, we need more fat cats to generate more revenue so the 47% can continue their lifelong tax holiday!

[/QUOTE]"FATCAT$"   ??????????????

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

In response to boborielly224's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to mrmojo1120's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Follow

Buster OlneyBuster OlneyVerified‏@Buster_ESPN

[/QUOTE]

Counter offer 4 yrs. at 26 mill. with an option on the 4th year. If he refuses bye bye Ross and take a gamble and see what hamilton price range is.

[/QUOTE]

4yrs??? Heck he's worth about 2 mil per year.... 26 Mil ? There's not a player in baseball today worth 4yrs.... Can they find a better job outside of the game? 2yrs and option if they are so called superstars..... Let them all think about nobody is above the game.That goes for Boras also !!!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

2 year 14M with an option for a 3rd at same price w/1M buyout

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

In response to parhunter55's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Oh, and if anyone thinks Swisher is going to sign here for anywhere near that, they are kidding themselves.

BTW, was reading someone's top 50 FA list, and they described Ludwick as a poor man's Cody Ross.  Not a ringing endorsement.

[/QUOTE]

First of all, Swisher will find a team that will pay more than Ross or Ludwick due Swisher hardly go on DL, and also can play or 1B.   Plus he hit 20 HR's in 8 years in a row.  Therefore Swisher have more value than these guys!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxdog67. Show Soxdog67's posts

[QUOTE]

My answer is Ross and Hamilton would be a better fit for batting line up but the cost will be the big ??????? I would not sign  both for no longer then 4 yrs. The minors future base stealer will be Bradley for the sox. with both Bradley and Brentx both getting ready for the big leagues not now but soon; lots of perception to look from Cherington eyes.

[/QUOTE]

Hamilton is not walking through that door...

...and if he did then the Sox FO would have learned nothing and spiraled back into the abyss again!

LONG TERM, BIG DOLLAR CONTRACTS FOR MID-AGE VETERANS (in baseball terms) ARE A RECIPE FOR DISASTER.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

i still blame BC for not having ross signed already!!!!! i mean, how inept do you have to be to wait until the deadline for ortiz AND snooze on ross!?!?!?!

/geo pout

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

In response to Soxdog67's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

...and if he did then the Sox FO would have learned nothing and spiraled back into the abyss again!

LONG TERM, BIG DOLLAR CONTRACTS FOR MID-AGE VETERANS (in baseball terms) ARE A RECIPE FOR DISASTER.

[/QUOTE]

Hamilton will have a hard time to find a team that he can walk thru the door.  Yankees, Dodgers, boston, Tigers and Philly are more likely not going to sign him.  So who is the next team is willing to take him.  Angels, Texas, etc may not have any money left on them cuz they rather to spend money on pitchings!!  

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to GoUconn13's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Soxdog67's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Hamilton will have a hard time to find a team that he can walk thru the door.  Yankees, Dodgers, boston, Tigers and Philly are more likely not going to sign him.  So who is the next team is willing to take him.  Angels, Texas, etc may not have any money left on them cuz they rather to spend money on pitchings!!  

[/QUOTE]

saw an article today that posed the hypothetical question: "if your the GM and hamiltons agent called you and said hes looking for 3/90 million would you take it?"

tough choices touch choices. 3 years is the perfect amount of time i want hamilton. but the price is really high. sure he probably will not live up to 30 mil a year. but he definitely will not live up to 20 mil a year over 5-7 years......

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

Some other team out there will offer 3/25 to Ross.