cody ross gone....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

cody ross gone....

Diamondbacks To Sign Cody Ross

The Diamondbacks and Cody Ross have agreed to a three-year contract, reports Mark Feinsand of The New York Daily News (on Twitter). Financial terms are unknown. Ross is an SFX client.

Read more at http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/#Qfiy8JIbhJsUe4J8.99

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

Re: cody ross gone....

i don't care.. but it's news.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

its ok.... we have Napoli

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

In response to EnchiladaT's comment:

do we? i think we will.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

you mean...

it's ok..we have gomes 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to raider3524's comment:

you mean...

it's ok..we have gomes 

The ground rules here are, if you want to whine, things like Ross and Napoli playing different positions, makes no difference.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

we had no use for him. we can get more production from a platoon of gomes and kalish/nava without locking up a roster spot for 3 years

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

So glad that Ben said he was still in play for Red Sox. Ben is a bigger liar than Larry Luchinno. Well, we should be set with Johnny Gomes. What a joke of a team and management as well. Yeah we are in on Hanrahan, believe that one until this idiot of a GM actually trades for him. This year its all profit for John Henry, all profit. I wonder if they are going to sell this team in the near future. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

In response to mef429's comment:

we had no use for him. we can get more production from a platoon of gomes and kalish/nava without locking up a roster spot for 3 years

MEF Nava cannot hit, he starts off good then drops like a stone. That is why he is a career minor leaguer. Kalish is constantly hurt and there is no guarantee there either. Gomes hit in a weaker league and is a below average fielder. Its going to be a long year with this team. They paid top dollar for good character guys instead of getting talent. Emotion carries you so far, talent has to carry you the rest of the way. This team is way short on talent.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

"Gomes hit in a weaker league ..."

Umm, what? He played in Oakland last season, plus several years for the Rays...the results have been pretty much the same wherever he goes.

I'm kind of mystified by the people clammoring for Ross and complaining about Gomes. They're actually very similar players.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from fl+adam,. Show fl+adam,'s posts

In response to Softlaw1's comment:

Better Gomes at 10M than Ross at 26M, which is laughable!

no...it is market rate, just like the Sox pickups.  Just because you think that is way over what he is worth doesm't make it true.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

In response to AL34's comment:

So glad that Ben said he was still in play for Red Sox. Ben is a bigger liar than Larry Luchinno. Well, we should be set with Johnny Gomes. What a joke of a team and management as well. Yeah we are in on Hanrahan, believe that one until this idiot of a GM actually trades for him. This year its all profit for John Henry, all profit. I wonder if they are going to sell this team in the near future. 

Guess who's coming to town....

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

In response to raider3524's comment:

Diamondbacks To Sign Cody Ross By Mike Axisa [December 22 at 11:00am CST]

The Diamondbacks and Cody Ross have agreed to a three-year contract, reports Mark Feinsand of The New York Daily News (on Twitter). Financial terms are unknown. Ross is an SFX client.

Read more at http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/#Qfiy8JIbhJsUe4J8.99

I don't care... It's not our Ross it's theirs...........

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from boboinfla. Show boboinfla's posts

The current ownership is looking as if  they don't care becauset hey are makiing beacuop bucks. I would not be surprised at all if they sell the team in the next 2 years. You are IMO correct when you say they are liars. How can they continue to terrorize the loyal fan base?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to boboinfla's comment:

The current ownership is looking as if  they don't care becauset hey are makiing beacuop bucks. I would not be surprised at all if they sell the team in the next 2 years. You are IMO correct when you say they are liars. How can they continue to terrorize the loyal fan base?

terrorize? A bit dramatic, dontchya think?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

I really liked Cody. I'll be sorry to see him go. I wonder what it takes to play the outfield here. I bet it's harder than most people think. I think that's why Drew was injured so much. He was all over right field diving all over the place. Sweeney's injuries also made you think as well Ellsbury diving and banging himself all over the field. Is everyone missing something? Were there really players in the past that could throw themselves all over, make every play and just get up and dust themselves off every time?

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

In response to mef429's comment:

Now this has to be the most senseless post I've seen!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

You do know that we will hit the payroll tax ceiling this year, right?  It's pathetic that you Yankee trolls come in here, and don't have the foggiest idea what our payroll is.  Have some pride in your trolling.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

One of the interesting dynamics of bringing in mediocre ball players?  Fans still fall in love with them.

Letting Ross go is a good decision.  If we can't replace his production with what we have - we are in serious trouble.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

In response to kimsaysthis's comment:

I really liked Cody. I'll be sorry to see him go. I wonder what it takes to play the outfield here. I bet it's harder than most people think. I think that's why Drew was injured so much. He was all over right field diving all over the place. Sweeney's injuries also made you think as well Ellsbury diving and banging himself all over the field. Is everyone missing something? Were there really players in the past that could throw themselves all over, make every play and just get up and dust themselves off every time?

I don't know which games you were watching but if you can come up with some video showing JD Drew laying out for a fly ball, I'd be shocked!

I'm sure the only kind of diving he did was of the muff variety.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

In response to boboinfla's comment:

terrorize? A bit dramatic, dontchya think?

I'm so terrorized that I am going to have to wear one of my World Series Championship sweatshirts.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to Schumpeters-Ghost's comment:

One of the interesting dynamics of bringing in mediocre ball players?  Fans still fall in love with them.

Letting Ross go is a good decision.  If we can't replace his production with what we have - we are in serious trouble.

+2

Some of the posters have no idea of how replaceable these players are.  LFers without a glove, are probably the most replacea ble layers in BB, even more than 1Bs.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

When do you stop becoming a team that changes every year with seemingly temporary players, and start building a team you can root for, with players you love and can't wait to see every season?

The business of baseball is going to ruin baseball except for those with a short attention span. I don't know what the answer is. Do we get only top-knotch players that can be around for awhile? Do you become the Yankees where we just add and add more players without losing any because we keep them around until they're dead? Of course that would mean paying all those players until they're dead, but at least they have a team they can recognize. I mean what's the answer?

Sections
Shortcuts