Cody Ross revisitied

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Re: Cody Ross revisitied

as many as 30 HR??????   We'll see  :)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In Response to Re: Cody Ross revisitied:
    [QUOTE]Nice to see Cody producing in the way I envisioned in November, when I began advocating for the Red Sox to consider him as a low cost (dumpster dive) RH OF bat.
    Posted by Thesemenarecowards[/QUOTE]

I was trying to remember the first person pushing for Ross. 

You were the first I saw. I know I was quick to jump on the bandwagon you were driving, and championed his cause all winter long. 

I hope he keeps this up.

Soon, we'll be hearing softy was the first one advocating for Ross, even though he said even $1M would be "a waste" on the dumpster dive Ross.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from IGatorbait. Show IGatorbait's posts

[QUOTE]Ross is still a better defender than Carl Crawford. Maybe that's where the platoon is - in LF and Sweeney can be the every day RF'er.... LF - Crawford/Ross CF - Ellsbury RF - Sweeney
    Posted by andrewmitch[/QUOTE]

that is insane ... ross is g-d-awful defensively and cc is a 5-tooler, just didn't see it last year ... he'll be back

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I wouldn't go so far as to say Ross is a better LF'er than CC, but I'm not counting on CC ever coming anywhere close to GG status again. Ross can and will hit 300 points higher (in OPS) vs LHPs. Ross will probably hit 200-250 points higher than Sweeney vs LHPs this year as well. 

How I look at it is this: Sweeney is a way better fielder than CC, so if Ross is going to play vs LHPs, and he 100% should, it should be for CC in LF not Sweeney in RF. Left field defense just isn't important enough to overcome a .300 point OPS differential.

If Ross continues to hit vs RHPs as he has thus far, then I just can't see how he should sit. (He's over .900 now in 45 PAs.)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from JB-3. Show JB-3's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Cody Ross revisitied : that is insane ... ross is g-d-awful defensively and cc is a 5-tooler, just didn't see it last year ... he'll be back
    Posted by IGatorbait[/QUOTE]

Which 5 tools?  Certainly not power or arm.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

He has little HR power as well.
    His arm is weak.
    His speed may not ever be what it once was (in terms of SBs).
    His glove is now questionable.
    His batting for average may be his only real "tool".

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from JB-3. Show JB-3's posts

[QUOTE]He has little HR power as well. His arm is weak. His speed may not ever be what it once was (in terms of SBs). His glove is now questionable. His batting for average may be his only real "tool".
    Posted by moonslav59[/QUOTE]

I think that if his offense comes back around, you'll see his SB's and glove improve dramatically.  He's always had a weak arm and only showed good power in 1 season though.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

So, one year he might have arguably been a 4 tool player, but has mostly been a 2.5 or 3 tool player at best.

Sections
Shortcuts