Cody Ross RF platoon/4th OF?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Re: Cody Ross RF platoon/4th OF?

Everyone wants to bring in someone how about we try a novel approach and just promote Linares! He's got serious pop in his bat and he's a plus defender! If not him how about giving Nava another shot he's at least a switchitter and a decent fielder. No thnx to retreads like Ross,Beltran,Cuddyer,and the list goes on.... At any rate in 2013 Brentz will be playing in RF for the Sox.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

In Response to Re: Cody Ross RF platoon/4th OF?:
    [QUOTE]Everyone wants to bring in someone how about we try a novel approach and just promote Linares! He's got serious pop in his bat and he's a plus defender! If not him how about giving Nava another shot he's at least a switchitter and a decent fielder. No thnx to retreads like Ross,Beltran,Cuddyer,and the list goes on.... At any rate in 2013 Brentz will be playing in RF for the Sox.
    Posted by sportsbozo1[/QUOTE]

Linares is also 27 with less than 125 professional ABs at all levels combined.

And I wouldn't go assuming anything with BRentz.  As recently as 2009, we all thought Lars Anderson was a given to take over 1B.  At this point, we hope he might be a useful bench bat...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

There's plenty of prospects that could have an impact, I don't think a team like the Sox is prepared to not cover itself in case the kids fail. I can see us giving one maybe 2 guys a serious shot at winning a starting job (Lava at DH/C or Kalish/Reddick/Linares in RF).