Cody Ross

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

Re: Cody Ross

In response to southpaw777's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to parhunter55's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Actually, a qualifying offer might not have been a horrible idea.  Ross might have taken it.  Yes, it is more than he is worth, but it buys the Sox another year to let Brentz, Bradley and Kalish to develop and earn their way in or out of the OF picture for 2014.

Ike's point, as I take it, is that the Sox have had a recent run of bringing players in on one year deals that do quite well in Boston and then letting them go, while bringing in long-term commitments who have done poorly or just never seemed to fit.  V-Mart, Beltre, Ross were all good fits while here, and excelled in the Boston market.  Why not start keeping players who have proven they can excel in Boston?

[/QUOTE]

I figured the same thing because I think he wouldnt have accepted it and tested FA. And if he did, no big deal. Its a lot more than what hes worth, but like you said, it buys them another year with good production from a corner OF spot.

[/QUOTE]

You would've offered him 13.3 million after paying him 3 million this year?

I want to work for you!!

If he's looking for 3/25 mil, I think he would've jumped at a 13.3 mil  one year deal.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

3 yr 24-25 mil is reasonable for a player of ross' age and stats....you guys make me laugh suggesting you pay him Punto/Davis ross money....this signing, along with papi were no brainers...instead we have just papi barely signed at the deadline, more dumpster diving, and no pitching help...

the good news is that ben wont be here in 2014...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to Ice-Cream's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to moonslav59's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I was the second guy on the Ross bandwagon last year, but no way I pay him close to $24M/3. I'd offer him $12M/2 tops.

[/QUOTE]

I'd offer him $15M/2 years.  

I'm afraid another team like the Braves or Mariners will offer more money and years.  If that's the case, then will Boston increase their offer or look elsewhere?  

[/QUOTE]

I'm not afraid. If they offer too much and get him, so be it.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to ThefourBs' comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to southpaw777's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to parhunter55's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Actually, a qualifying offer might not have been a horrible idea.  Ross might have taken it.  Yes, it is more than he is worth, but it buys the Sox another year to let Brentz, Bradley and Kalish to develop and earn their way in or out of the OF picture for 2014.

Ike's point, as I take it, is that the Sox have had a recent run of bringing players in on one year deals that do quite well in Boston and then letting them go, while bringing in long-term commitments who have done poorly or just never seemed to fit.  V-Mart, Beltre, Ross were all good fits while here, and excelled in the Boston market.  Why not start keeping players who have proven they can excel in Boston?

[/QUOTE]

I figured the same thing because I think he wouldnt have accepted it and tested FA. And if he did, no big deal. Its a lot more than what hes worth, but like you said, it buys them another year with good production from a corner OF spot.

[/QUOTE]

You would've offered him 13.3 million after paying him 3 million this year?

I want to work for you!!

If he's looking for 3/25 mil, I think he would've jumped at a 13.3 mil  one year deal.

[/QUOTE]

Ok, let me be clear....Im saying I wouldve taken my chances with a qualifying offer (13.3M), not just out right give it to him. If he accepted, which i dont thik he would have, we get a comp. pick. If not, then I could live with it for a year. Understand now?