Cole Hamels

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsGENIUS. Show bruinsGENIUS's posts

Cole Hamels

Blue Jays are trying to get him. That would make them better than they already are. And Brett Lawrie at 3rd..what a stud!

We are having some good times with the kids, Middlebrooks, Nava..let's keep them going and make a trade for Hamels instead. Youk maybe?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrh1194. Show jrh1194's posts

Re: Cole Hamels

In Response to Cole Hamels:
    [QUOTE]Blue Jays are trying to get him. That would make them better than they already are. And Brett Lawrie at 3rd..what a stud! We are having some good times with the kids, Middlebrooks, Nava..let's keep them going and make a trade for Hamels instead. Youk maybe?
    Posted by bruinsGENIUS[/QUOTE]
    I wouldn't mind seeing Hamels in a Sox uniform. We certainly won't get him for Youk. The Phillies would laugh at that unless we included alot more.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

eat most of youks contract, give 'em anderson and another player (idk who) for hamels. they don't have anyone good at 1st or 3rd so youk + anderson would fill those voids plus another good player to sweeten the deal and push us past the blue jays..

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSF4Life234. Show RSF4Life234's posts

Im not sure Hamels would be much better then what we already have, although he does pitch well in a hitters ball park.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from parhunter55. Show parhunter55's posts

Youk, Beckett, Morales and cash, for Hamels and Laynce Nix.  Phillies get a starter to replace Hamels, a reliever to help get to Papelbon (a desperate need for them) and an offensive upgrade for their beleaguered infield.

Sox get rid of their biggest problem and upgrade their rotation, and the Sox get a LFer with OBP and some power to help the depth in their beleaguered OF.

It won't happen, but I wish it could. 

BTW, Hamels is 5-1 with an ERA around 2.25.  How is that not a guaranteed upgrade over what we have?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxpride34. Show redsoxpride34's posts

would love to get hamels but no way we get him for youk. We would have to include youk plus some legit prospects. Youk, ranuado, + one more legit prospect could get a deal done. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

[QUOTE]Blue Jays are trying to get him. That would make them better than they already are. And Brett Lawrie at 3rd..what a stud! We are having some good times with the kids, Middlebrooks, Nava..let's keep them going and make a trade for Hamels instead. Youk maybe?

If Phillies and Jays agree to trade Hamels, then Brett Lawrie is going to the Phillies.  He has to be the main part of this trade.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from iamme17. Show iamme17's posts

hamel's may be a 3 month rental but does anyone actually believe they would let him go for a broken down youk making 12 million,a headcase like beckett owed 40 million and a player nobody knows.The phill's are at their 170 million payroll limit...it's gonna be young ELITE studs or they'll resign him themselves and take the luxury tax hit.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

I never listen to hippies.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

Dont we have too many lefties in the starting rotation?

Boston just need a young future right handed pitcher who can be the #1 or #2 of the staff.  Beckett is starting to become the bottom of the rotation pitcher.

Time to rebuild the starting rotation.

Hamels is about the same as Lester.  Maybe Boston can trade Droubmont for him.  But I like Doubmont so far!!

So it is not worth to go after Hamels.   Go after a guy like Felix or like that!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChronicNYY13. Show ChronicNYY13's posts

He is heading to NY.  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrh1194. Show jrh1194's posts

In Response to Re: Cole Hamels:
    [QUOTE]He is heading to NY.  
    Posted by ChronicNYY13[/QUOTE]

Doubtful. The Yankees don't have anything better to offer than the Sox. The Phillies won't settle for broken down veterans in exchange for Hamels.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourrings. Show fourrings's posts

Youk for Hamels, are you on the needle? Phillies never do that deal lol

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourrings. Show fourrings's posts

[QUOTE]Youk, Beckett, Morales and cash, for Hamels and Laynce Nix.  Phillies get a starter to replace Hamels, a reliever to help get to Papelbon (a desperate need for them) and an offensive upgrade for their beleaguered infield. Sox get rid of their biggest problem and upgrade their rotation, and the Sox get a LFer with OBP and some power to help the depth in their beleaguered OF. It won't happen, but I wish it could.  BTW, Hamels is 5-1 with an ERA around 2.25.  How is that not a guaranteed upgrade over what we have?
    Posted by parhunter55[/QUOTE]

at least this proposal is somewhat realistic

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

over the hill,clubhouse cancer,so so reliever. Whta's not to like?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from MustangBri. Show MustangBri's posts

[QUOTE]He is heading to NY.  
    Posted by ChronicNYY13[/QUOTE]

The entitled Yankee fan base has spoken once again.

Can't buy Hamels til the 2012 season is over Yankee fan. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChronicNYY13. Show ChronicNYY13's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Cole Hamels : Doubtful. The Yankees don't have anything better to offer than the Sox. The Phillies won't settle for broken down veterans in exchange for Hamels.
    Posted by jrh1194[/QUOTE]
    I think you are probably right, but I do find it funny how all the Yanks are broken down geezers.  They must be in last place with no hope.  Maybe they should sign Obama, he could fix everything for them.  

What is Youk and Beckett???  They must be just entering their primes?  You must be in first with no goal too lofty, esp when Lackey and Dice-K is back.  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from KRomine. Show KRomine's posts

I always laugh when people drool over getting NATIONAL League pitchers.

Can anyone here name me ONE pitcher NOT named Pedro Martinez that had extended success in the AL after spending their entire career in the NL.  Schilling doesn't count.  He had one great season.  Beckett only had 2

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

I would offer Middlebrooks even up for Hamels and if given 72 hours to negotiate a contract I would include a PTBNL within 72 hours of signing--Buchholz or Dice.

The Jays would have to part with Lawrie who I like very much although I would take Middlebrooks power potential over Lawrie. I like the fact that Lawrie has been a catcher and could be a #3 catcher in an emergency.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomnev. Show tomnev's posts

[QUOTE]I would offer Middlebrooks even up for Hamels and if given 72 hours to negotiate a contract I would include a PTBNL within 72 hours of signing--Buchholz or Dice. The Jays would have to part with Lawrie who I like very much although I would take Middlebrooks power potential over Lawrie. I like the fact that Lawrie has been a catcher and could be a #3 catcher in an emergency.
    Posted by MadMc44[/QUOTE]

Middlebrooks and Buchholz is way too much to give up for Hamels. Granted hamels is a big upgrade over Buch. Buch is 27, Hamels is 28, but Hamels has been pitching in the NL and Buch in the AL Beast....I can't see the upgrade being worth your teasm Top rated prospect.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

It would be tough facing him in pinstripes if he gets to the open market.

Next season we will probably be minus Dice, Youk and perhaps Papi and I would say Beckett in all likelihood. That's over $50 M in payroll potentially off the books.

Granted you could move Aceves into the rotation to go with Lester, Bard, Douby and Lackey. The pen might be solid with Bailey, Melancon, Morales, Miller, Hill, Atch and Padilla.

It would be nice having Hamels in that rotation even if it meant three lefty's. That would be a nice problem to have going into the Stadium three times a year.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

[QUOTE]I always laugh when people drool over getting NATIONAL League pitchers. Can anyone here name me ONE pitcher NOT named Pedro Martinez that had extended success in the AL after spending their entire career in the NL.  Schilling doesn't count.  He had one great season.  Beckett only had 2
    Posted by KRomine[/QUOTE]

Nolan Ryan?  David Cone?  Bob Welch?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

I don't see Hamels as a realistic target for 2012.  How can the Phillies be sellers at the break - this team won 102 games last year.

I'd love to see Hamels as a target this off-season though.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from parhunter55. Show parhunter55's posts

You are all acting like Hamels is locked up for the next 3 or 4 years.  IF the Philles trade him, it is because they do not think they can resign him.  Considering how they throw money around to guys they want (see Papelbon) that would be a pretty good indication that Hamels is insistent on testing free agency. 

I'm not saying it could or would happen, but Youk, who can be signed up for another year at team option, and Beckett, who is signed for 3 years, and a decent reliever (when they have none, other than the aforementioned Papelbon) would be a fair deal for a 4 1/2 month rental.  Especially since the Phillies need some power in their lineup and to shore up their bullpen.  Beckett would be a downgrade, but that would be the price they pay to upgrade at two other spots.  Meanwhile, Nix is not even listed on their major league depth chart. 

Youk, Beckett, Morales and cash for Hamels and Nix.  I stand by that being a decent, if implausible, trade proposal.

Sections
Shortcuts