Colin Cowherd Accuses Papi of Juicing

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

Colin Cowherd Accuses Papi of Juicing

Wednesday morning, on the eve of Game #6, Colin Cowherd strongly implied that Big Papi was tearing it up in the post season because he was juicing. What an arrogant, egotistical jerk.  Anything for ratings, right, Cowherd?  

Papi didn't slug 76 homeruns like Barry Bonds, 50 like Brady Anderson, or even 40. He hit 30, and batted .309, not .350. He was no where near the dominant hitter in the regular season that he was in the post season. Could it be that Papi just rose to the occasion, like ex- Yankee Reggie Jackson used to? Remember that Papi is not a regular player, chasing flies in August in the OF, or turning DPs with guys trying to take him out at second. All he has to do is hit. Could it be that there lies his great advantage, and the reason for his longevity?   

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

Re: Colin Cowherd Accuses Papi of Juicing

Pat, 

Ignore the idiot. It is time for celebration.

Hetch 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In response to Hetchinspete's comment:

Pat, 

Hetch 

morning Hetch, i'm surprised he can still walk, with all the new ones he's been torn over the years...btw congrats bud..

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

NASA has yet to invent an instrument that can accurately measure how little I regard Colin Cowherd's opinion.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Colin Cow Herd?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In response to LloydDobler's comment:

NASA has yet to invent an instrument that can accurately measure how little I regard Colin Cowherd's opinion.

LD, their moron-a-scope didn't work for you??...Tongue Out

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

In response to jete02fan's comment:

In response to Hetchinspete's comment:

Pat, 

Hetch 

morning Hetch, i'm surprised he can still walk, with all the new ones he's been torn over the years...btw congrats bud..

Hey Jete, 

Good morning as well. Not sure if you saw the interview with Erin Andrew and Papi post game. Erin said Papi was a bit of a grouch and noticed Papi sitting icing both heals saying something to himself about feeling old. Guess those sore heals weren't bothering him during the post game celebration !! Of any team that was special, this 2013 edition was very special. Let's enjoy the Celebration and the off season. Spring Training will be coming soon. Have a great Winter. I may hibernate till ST. 

Cheers to you,

Hetch

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

Wonder what idiot wrote this article about Cow Herd:

http://larrybrownsports.com/baseball/colin-cowherd-david-ortiz-steroids/209163

May I quote this article by Steven Delvecchio who wrote the article: " Ortiz’s power numbers have remained relatively consistent throughout his career with the Red Sox, but his .309 average this season tied his career best for any in which he appeared in at least 100 games".

Why can't a professional sportswriter do simple research and get it right. Ortiz hit .332 in 2007, and he couldn't post that Papi was hitting .318 when he went down with injury after 90 games in 2012. Poorly researched article. 

Hetch

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

He's a  drag,  a  well-known drag.

(Anyone know what movie that came from?).

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

Does his last name imply that his ancestors chased fat chicks?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

It's just the age that we are in. Everyone who has success becomes suspected of juicing. There were posters on the game thread accusing the Card's pitchers of using  P.E.D.s because they were throwing in the high 90's.  That's how it is today.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

In response to TexasPat's comment:

Wednesday morning, on the eve of Game #6, Colin Cowherd strongly implied that Big Papi was tearing it up in the post season because he was juicing. What an arrogant, egotistical jerk.  Anything for ratings, right, Cowherd?  

Papi didn't slug 76 homeruns like Barry Bonds, 50 like Brady Anderson, or even 40. He hit 30, and batted .309, not .350. He was no where near the dominant hitter in the regular season that he was in the post season. Could it be that Papi just rose to the occasion, like ex- Yankee Reggie Jackson used to? Remember that Papi is not a regular player, chasing flies in August in the OF, or turning DPs with guys trying to take him out at second. All he has to do is hit. Could it be that there lies his great advantage, and the reason for his longevity?   

who'd you say? colin cowturd???? nevah heard of em!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In response to Hammah29r2's comment:

hey big D!!...what up?...you know i can't be here and not congrat you....good job by the boys...well done my friend!! Cool 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucbom. Show lucbom's posts

Long ago I made the mistake of tunning in to Cowherd and almost immediately tunned him off.  To me, Colin Cowherd came across as an egotistical fat head and the one comment I have always remember him saying was how ESPN put him up in a 5 star hotel and that he was having lobster for breakfest suposedly because he was a star performer at ESPN.  What a jerk you are Colin Cowherd.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from greenwellforpresident. Show greenwellforpresident's posts

If PEDs could make you do what Papi did during the world series, everyone would be taking them.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

hey big D!!...what up?...you know i can't be here and not congrat you....good job by the boys...well done my friend!! Cool 

thanks "B" you are truely one of a kind my friend. did you see the response I gave nh steven?
    my "yankee buds" here at work have been very complimentary and gracious. I responded to them saying that I hope their team comes back and is competitive next year. just not too competitive though...lol....thanks again bro.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

thanks "B" you are truely one of a kind my friend. did you see the response I gave nh steven?
    my "yankee buds" here at work have been very complimentary and gracious. I responded to them saying that I hope their team comes back and is competitive next year. just not too competitive though...lol....thanks again bro.

no prob...now if i could just get my boss to leave me alone for two seconds!...Tongue Out

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

no prob...now if i could just get my boss to leave me alone for two seconds!...Tongue Out

oh mulemuffins! you know you love it man. come on you love the attention from her. As far as I am concerned, working with women, (especially lady engineers) is a blast. and trust me, they make it fun to come to work. Wink

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from cpjohn1. Show cpjohn1's posts

Accusation without proof.  How lame!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from PaulLaCourse. Show PaulLaCourse's posts

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:

Colin Cow Herd?

Colon Cow Turd

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Down here in the Houston area, all I am hearing is Papi using PEDs. They are using his poor numbers in 2010-2011 as the "evidence" he must have been juicing before and after that time. No talk of injury being one major cause.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSPCB73. Show RSPCB73's posts

Colin's in the wrong profession.  Even cowherds have more sense than indicated by the drivel he serves up!

Red Sox 2013 World Series Champs. Patriots 2014 Super Bowl Champs???!!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

This morning, I heard Cowherd try to subtlely back off on Papi juicing. Now he says that he only "suspects" that Papi is juicing. And...guess who he gets to help him negotiate the pile of dog crap that he stepped in? None other than Dan Shannessey to back him up!

Unreal.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Big Papi is the only player in the PED era who I really don't give a hoot if he did or didn't. He tore the cover off the ball and helped the Sox win 2013. He is perhaps the greatest clutch hitting postseason player in history. I never thought he would get out of Manny's shadow, and instead he blew it away. I've never been prouder to call David Ortiz a legend. He is a legend, he deserves to be revered, and if he took a milkshake in 2003, who cares.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcherbrook. Show Fletcherbrook's posts

In response to lucbom's comment:

Long ago I made the mistake of tunning in to Cowherd and almost immediately tunned him off.  To me, Colin Cowherd came across as an egotistical fat head and the one comment I have always remember him saying was how ESPN put him up in a 5 star hotel and that he was having lobster for breakfest suposedly because he was a star performer at ESPN.  What a jerk you are Colin Cowherd.

i would say so what?! I have stayed in five star establishments before too. The only difference is that it took me 2 years and 7 hotels to get to five stars.

as for the lobster...I live in Maine. I was buying it right off the boat for 1.65 a pound this summer.

so he can suk it!!:)

Sections
Shortcuts